ADVERTISEMENT

“Get it done” offense

doneagain

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2004
My parent's basement
I believe that is what Brown called his offense upon being hired.

I admit I was thrilled with his hire. I thought his calling his offense the get it done offense was more of an assessment that if he need to go run heavy and use an extra TE and or FB to win the game that’s hat he would do; or if he had to spread it out and throw it 50 times, or whatever… I thought get it done meant being able to utilize the talent of the players in house and conforming the offensive game plan to match what they could do.

Now, three years in getting ready to begin the preparations for season 4, I feel like get it done means more so that we don’t know how to establish an offensive identity.

I feel like the team plays mostly solid on defense but we make “first game of the season” mistakes each week for 13 games.

I just want to feel like progress is being made.

If we are getting beat purely because of talent, okay I can live with that and can trust the climb hole the roster gets built. Just show me evidence on the field that the players are improving with some sort of performance metric.

But when mistakes like delay of game on a kickoff happen, or when the coach gets sucked in to going for 2 just because the other coach did it knowing our offense probably was not capable of converting, it feels like we have a program issue and not just a talent issue.

I just want to know, what is our offensive identity. Because it feels like it should be called the “1 Digit Offense,” since it seems like we rarely ever score in double digits, even though the reality is we do score at least 10 points most games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News