ADVERTISEMENT

Zeke Moisey

OSUMatFan

All-Conference
Mar 16, 2005
I was very impressed with what this true freshmen did at the NCAA wrestling tournament. Only unseeded wrestler (1 our of 170) to make it to the finals beating four seeded wrestlers on the way in pretty convincing fashion. He beat our #7 ranked Eddie Kilmara who had defeated him twice in the season.

Hope his knee was not injured too badly in the finals. Sammie Henson is putting together a great program there in Morgantown that should be nationally competitive in a couple of years. We at Oklahoma State welcome the competition and are glad the Big XII are expanding the wrestling conference.

Love sammie. Winning the duel with pitt and then success at nationals is a good sign for the future.

Thanks ... you don't have to post this in the woodshed

I watched the final match, pretty impressive as you stated for an unseeded freshman.

Re: Thanks ... you don't have to post this in the woodshed

I was most impressed in the semi final bout with Gilman (6th seed from Iowa) where he pinned him in 52 seconds after his second takedown of the match. I heard somewhere that West Virginia had the third highest recruiting class in the country this year. Big 12 wrestling will soon be back to where it was historically.

Glad West Virginia is part of it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT