ADVERTISEMENT

Your first team all Big XII withering in postseason is disheartening

The Bell Tolls for Thee

All-Conference
Feb 15, 2005
Culver was awful today. Syracuse is no slouch, but not that good. Too many little opportunities given up. Missing open shots. Shooters getting scared and not taking open shots. Self inflicted turnovers not at all due to the opposition. The take away from this game is that these guys just didn't deserve to win because Syracuse played better than their usual this season and only barely beat WVU while WVU was playing below their usual average. Some might say that's a good thing, but I think it's worse to throw the game away than to get beat.

Nailed it on all points. This is not the Syracuse of old. Very little talent on that team.

Watching our shooters getting scared and not taking open shots was brutal

Culver was awful today. Syracuse is no slouch, but not that good. Too many little opportunities given up. Missing open shots. Shooters getting scared and not taking open shots. Self inflicted turnovers not at all due to the opposition. The take away from this game is that these guys just didn't deserve to win because Syracuse played better than their usual this season and only barely beat WVU while WVU was playing below their usual average. Some might say that's a good thing, but I think it's worse to throw the game away than to get beat.

If not for McNeil this game would have been uglier. The turnovers were mind boggling. Total of 14 TO's with 11 in first half. That's a lot of thrown away opportunities with no shot attempts. Get 14 shot attempts and make only 3 and it's a win. But that is the way it's been all season. Poor defense and poor stretches of offense.

i agree that this feels worse. they made so many silly mistakes all year

contrast this feeling with illinois fans i know. they got beat straight up and can’t really complain

Elite Eight in 2021 March Madness

12 Oregon State Pac-12
1 Baylor Big 12
3 Arkansas SEC
2 Houston AAC

NO Big 10 team in Elite Eight yet. Michigan its last hope. And most of those on this board.

Pac-12, I'll admit, was under-estimated by me.

UCLA and Oregon, if they win, would make THREE of Elite Eight from Pac-12. I think almost everyone, BEFORE MARCH MADNESS BEGAN, got the Pac-12 depth wrong, including me. Mea culpa. Even a certifiable genius (we broke into the high school principal's office and I had the highest IQ in my class at 140+) can make mistakes.

12 Oregon State Pac-12
1 Baylor Big 12
3 Arkansas SEC
2 Houston AAC

NO Big 10 team in Elite Eight yet. Michigan its last hope. And most of those on this board.

UCLA and Oregon, if they win, would make THREE of Elite Eight from Pac-12. I think almost everyone, BEFORE MARCH MADNESS BEGAN, got the Pac-12 depth wrong, including me. Mea culpa. Even a certifiable genius (we broke into the high school principal's office and I had the highest IQ in my class at 140+) can make mistakes.
If you were half as smart as you've deluded yourself into thinking, then you'd know that MichiganHerd is the only regular poster on here that is rooting for Michigan today. Most posters couldn't care less now that their teams are out of the Tournament. And, here's a dirty little secret: Baylor's advancing to the Final Four and even winning the whole thing wouldn't add a trophy to your case or make you right about anything.

If you were half as smart as you've deluded yourself into thinking, then you'd know that MichiganHerd is the only regular poster on here that is rooting for Michigan today. Most posters couldn't care less now that their teams are out of the Tournament. And, here's a dirty little secret: Baylor's advancing to the Final Four and even winning the whole thing wouldn't add a trophy to your case or make you right about anything.

FOR THE UMPTEEN TIME I SAID BEFORE (BEFORE!) MARCH MADNESS STARTED THAT THE BIG 12 AND BIG 10 LOOK PRETTY CLOSE AT THE TOP BUT THAT THE BIG 12 HAD BETTER DEPTH. I STILL STAND BY THAT. PROVE ME WRONG, NOT WITH OPINION, BUT WITH NUMBERS. BAYLOR ADVANCING TO THE ELITE EIGHT DOES MAKE ME RIGHT. YOU JUST CAN'T HANDLE IT THAT AN 88-YEAR-OLD, AND FROM WEST VIRGNIA, BY CRACKY, IS SMARTER THAN YOU.

FOR THE UMPTEEN TIME I SAID BEFORE (BEFORE!) MARCH MADNESS STARTED THAT THE BIG 12 AND BIG 10 LOOK PRETTY CLOSE AT THE TOP BUT THAT THE BIG 12 HAD BETTER DEPTH. I STILL STAND BY THAT. PROVE ME WRONG, NOT WITH OPINION, BUT WITH NUMBERS. BAYLOR ADVANCING TO THE ELITE EIGHT DOES MAKE ME RIGHT. YOU JUST CAN'T HANDLE IT THAT AN 88-YEAR-OLD, AND FROM WEST VIRGNIA, BY CRACKY, IS SMARTER THAN YOU.
I obliterated your depth argument when I correctly posted that one conference had NINE tournament teams and the other had SEVEN. Sorry that you get confused when you have to use a second hand to count. Percentages of teams don't matter when you're talking about depth. If you had made a quality argument, then the numbers would have supported you, but you can't stop flapping your falsies about depth, and so you continue to be wrong, as always. Get a clue and realize how stupid you're being for beating conference arguments into the Ground. None of the conference nonsense matters when your team and my team are at home.

I obliterated your depth argument when I correctly posted that one conference had NINE tournament teams and the other had SEVEN. Sorry that you get confused when you have to use a second hand to count. Percentages of teams don't matter when you're talking about depth. If you had made a quality argument, then the numbers would have supported you, but you can't stop flapping your falsies about depth, and so you continue to be wrong, as always. Get a clue and realize how stupid you're being for beating conference arguments into the Ground. None of the conference nonsense matters when your team and my team are at home.

Percentages kind of matter. Not in this particular case. But in a scenario where a 14 team conference gets say 6 tournament teams and a 10 team conference gets 5 tournament teams, then I'd say the 50% conference is deeper than the 42% conference.

Nope, the conference with six conference teams is still deeper. The conference with five tournament teams is probably better, though. Let's try this hypothetical to make the point clearer. Team A only has six players because the rest of the players on the team have decided to transfer, but all six of these players are very good. Team B has 15 players, but only eight are very good, and the other seven stink. Which team is deeper? Team B, of course.

Last edited:
Aside from Baylor, the Big 12 was not very good this year. The Big 10 is just a little worse. Michigan would not be where they are had they been up against tougher teams. Is what it is.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Aside from Baylor, the Big 12 was not very good this year. The Big 10 is just a little worse. Michigan would not be where they are had they been up against tougher teams. Is what it is.
Michigan didn't play tough teams? Townes/paper boy, you're nothing more than a three dozen profile creating clown.

Would now be the time for me to pull up your prediction of Michigan losing to LSU (big), or the prediction of Michigan losing to FSU?

Do me a favor, clown, and go ahead and predict Michigan to lose on Tuesday night.

TVZ/paper boy only clown to give jesus, the sports reporter a run for forum doofus.

Michigan didn't play tough teams? Townes/paper boy, you're nothing more than a three dozen profile creating clown.

Would now be the time for me to pull up your prediction of Michigan losing to LSU (big), or the prediction of Michigan losing to FSU?

Do me a favor, clown, and go ahead and predict Michigan to lose on Tuesday night.

TVZ/paper boy only clown to give jesus, the sports reporter a run for forum doofus.

I don’t believe even the biggest nut job homer would put Michigan in the same class as Baylor and Gonzaga. Do you?

and yes, they probably will lose their next game.

OK, KingCoal, you force me to show how wrong you are:

As I said BEFORE March Madness started the Big 12 and the Big 10 are pretty even at the top but the Big 12 has better depth.

Guess what? One Big 12 and one Big 10 team in the Elite Eight? The Big 12 and the Big 10 are pretty even at the top, right?

What about comparable depth of Big 12 and Big 10?

In the First Round, the Big 12 was 6-1, the Big 10 6-3. Better depth in Big 12! Numbers prove it. 60% of Big 12 conference members played in the 2nd round. Only 42.8% of Big 10 members played in the 2nd round. That's undeniable proof of depth except to someone who thinks like Trump and "election fraud."

In the Second Round, the Big 12 was 1-5 and so was the Big 10. Even. But Big 12 was 7-6 in the first 2 rounds compared to 7-8 for the Big 10. Again, better depth in the Big 10.

Baylor and Michigan made it to the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight.

In the ONLY matchup between a Big 12 team and a Big 10 team, Baylor beat Wisconsin, 76-63.

Why do your force me to show how smart and right I am and how wrong the Big 10 fans and anyone who challenged by assessments were? As I said BEFORE March Madness, the Big 12 and Big 10 are even near the top but the Big 12 has more depth.

The March Madness numbers prove me right AGAIN! Stop making yourself look foolish when someone who made a good living as a sportswriter posts something BEFORE March Madness started.

And the outcome of the games proved me right in both claims! Aren’t you ashamed of yourself?

12 Oregon State Pac-12

1 Baylor Big 12

3 Arkansas SEC

2 Houston AAC

1 Gonzaga West Coast

1 Michigan Big 10

Games left:

2 Alabama vs. 11 UCLA

6 Southern Cal vs. 7 Oregon

Now, pick on someone not as sharp and smart as me, like a 3rd grader. You might do better there.

Last edited:
Confused. Frustrated. Envious. Do you not understand that everyone is making fun of you...and your dumbness? You sound like such a juvenile clown that I am beginning to pity you. NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK OF ANY CONFERENCE. LORD ARE YOU THICK.

12 Oregon State Pac-12
1 Baylor Big 12
3 Arkansas SEC
2 Houston AAC

Still no comment on your EPIC fail last weekend old timer? Just gonna act like you didn’t post any threads haha? Just gonna ignore your complete dickhead personality malfunction? It’s ok old timer. We’ve been laughing at you for a week.

Oh, are you also a cripple? I’m sorry your hardships but life might be better if you let the bitterness go 😢
Wow making fun of people with a handicap by using the word cripple in a f....ing stupid forum post!! You've always been a juvenile moron with your posts but this a forum low. You are a total jackass. This isnt a joke. I am serious about this.🤬🤬

Reactions: KingCoal

You were wrong moron. You standing behind anything you say is irrelevant. Now “Baylor” proves everything that dribbles out of your mouth haha. Just because you’re about 90 yrs old doesn’t mean you have the right to be a jerkoff to others.

Reactions: KingCoal

12 Oregon State Pac-12
1 Baylor Big 12
3 Arkansas SEC
2 Houston AAC

Ummm isn't Oregon playing USC? Doesn't matter who wins for the PAC12 to another team into the Elite 8.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT