ADVERTISEMENT

Young secondary not getting any older

Woodie

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
Winchester, VA
Brown has stated that after 8 or 9 games these guys should be showing improvement. Several (well maybe only a couple) of the QB's that we faced have completed over 75% of their passes and OU's Hurt was something like 95%. The coaches in my opinion have done a terrible job in coaching these kids up. Whatever schemes they are using "suck." I don't know if it is zone or man. If was man at least the player has to take heat. If he gets too "Hot" then replace him. lol l realize it is not as easy as it sounds but I would think coaches and players should be hanging their heads. I realize there has been multiple injuries and some playing out of position, but come on guys you are not in H.S. anymore.

I get what you are saying.

The problem is there is no one you can replace him with. Sometimes, its not the x's and o's, its the Jimmies and Joes.

To be fair to Brown, he didn't inherit a roster filled with stud defensive players. He's got some gamers here and there, but terrific weaknesses at several key spots.

To be fair to Dana, he just continued the tradition that truly began under Rich Rod. The only difference is we just out-talented everybody else in the old Big East on the offensive side of the ball and the defense only had to be "good enough". It usually was.

Folks on here get super excited over some 4 star back or receiver. That's great but they truly are a dime a dozen. Getting that kind of talent on the defensive side of the ball is what should really get us excited because that is what will lead to B12 championships and possibly beyond.

Let's hope Brown can get us plenty of that in the next few years.

Brown has stated that after 8 or 9 games these guys should be showing improvement. Several (well maybe only a couple) of the QB's that we faced have completed over 75% of their passes and OU's Hurt was something like 95%. The coaches in my opinion have done a terrible job in coaching these kids up. Whatever schemes they are using "suck." I don't know if it is zone or man. If was man at least the player has to take heat. If he gets too "Hot" then replace him. lol l realize it is not as easy as it sounds but I would think coaches and players should be hanging their heads. I realize there has been multiple injuries and some playing out of position, but come on guys you are not in H.S. anymore.
Why weren't you complaining after the Baylor game? Just curious

Why weren't you complaining after the Baylor game? Just curious
Fair question. I'm sure you are disappointed as the we all are. The difference we had 8 sacks and several hurries. Secondary could have scratched their butts with one hand and their noses with the other as they got bored in that game. LOL In all fairness TT played up tempo and our guys were not ready. No sacks and few hurries make a big difference. Coaches probably more at fault than players. When you are not getting to the QB then adjustments definitely need to be made. If they waited till halftime that was way too late. Holding them to only 3 points in the 2nd half was encouraging.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT