ADVERTISEMENT

You Missed a Good Oportunity....

Humptod

All-American
May 29, 2001
.....Kansas and Baylor go down and all you had to do was win at home, but noooooooooooo

For somebody who throws a tantrum every time I call him a name, you sure have become quite the name-caller. You're not only a coward, but also a hypocrite. Now, back to the thread: Thuggy will be forced to create a new gimmick soon, as other Big 12 coaches seem to have figured out the current one, at least somewhat. It will back to mediocrity for the Fold & Blew.

For somebody who throws a tantrum (A) every time I call him a name, you sure have become quite the name-caller. You're not only a coward (B), but also a hypocrite(B). Now, back to the thread: Thuggy will be forced to create a new gimmick soon, as other Big 12 coaches seem to have figured out the current one, at least somewhat. It will back to mediocrity for the Fold & Blew.
(A) Speaking of lies.
(B) Then you pop out twice as many as I have called you in months.

.....Kansas and Baylor go down and all you had to do was win at home, but noooooooooooo

This team is maddening to watch sometimes.

Things they do with relative ease against good teams they can't manage against inferior teams.

We beat them by 15-20 at their place and then lose at home.

Things they do with relative ease against good teams they can't manage against inferior teams.

I have about reached the opinion that nobody can play a lick....the dance will be about as wide open as I can remember! I know the 'zags have a undefeated season but don't believe in them.

Reactions: Humptod

Hahaha...I've played some hoops in my days, WhiteTailEER....That's just "how the ball bounces" sometimes in basketball. It's hard to figure.

I have about reached the opinion that nobody can play a lick....the dance will be about as wide open as I can remember! I know the 'zags have a undefeated season but don't believe in them.
Our cousins have looked as good as any team I've seen AT TIMES. I agree with you, Tonycried2...Who knows?

Our cousins have looked as good as any team I've seen AT TIMES. I agree with you, Tonycried2...Who knows?
Well, one thing about the Cousins, they play stifling defense...maybe they can't play either but they sure as hell won't let you play like you want to!

Try to reconcile these stats from Saturday with your last post, Tony:

Oklahoma State's FG%: 62.5%
Oklahoma State's 3 FG%: 61.5%

Try to reconcile these stats from Saturday with your last post, Tony:

Oklahoma State's FG%: 62.5%
Oklahoma State's 3 FG%: 61.5%
What are their defensive stats for the year? One game can be an aberration, not saying WVU is a world beater but they play defense as a whole, they're offense is what will hold them back, IMHO.

Well, one thing about the Cousins, they play stifling defense...maybe they can't play either but they sure as hell won't let you play like you want to!

Well, that's the thing I was referencing before ... not missed shots and bad bounces ... but we just weren't playing defense. I think we still forced 20 turnovers, but shooters were being left wide open and there just wasn't the effort and hustle that we normally see. When they are on their game, they'll run guys down from behind and things like that and they just weren't doing it. They were just flat all around. Esa Ahmad basically did nothing at all the whole game. It was just weird.

It was the first game this year my wife and I were able to attend together. I have season tickets, but we've had competing obligations so I went to a few games and she went to a few games. We decided we probably shouldn't attend any more games together.

Hahaha...I've played some hoops in my days, WhiteTailEER....That's just "how the ball bounces" sometimes in basketball. It's hard to figure.

I've played a bit too ... so I get it. It was just really weird though. No effort

Reactions: Humptod
WVU's defense is a gimmick, Tony. It often works, even against superior talent, but there are times when it doesn't. The former Wake Forest coach on ESPNU said that WVU's half court defense is not very good. Temple, Texas Tech, O.U., and Kansas State all shot between 48% and 51% vs. WVU. Aberrations, too?

Well, that's the thing I was referencing before ... not missed shots and bad bounces ... but we just weren't playing defense. I think we still forced 20 turnovers, but shooters were being left wide open and there just wasn't the effort and hustle that we normally see. When they are on their game, they'll run guys down from behind and things like that and they just weren't doing it. They were just flat all around. Esa Ahmad basically did nothing at all the whole game. It was just weird.

It was the first game this year my wife and I were able to attend together. I have season tickets, but we've had competing obligations so I went to a few games and she went to a few games. We decided we probably shouldn't attend any more games together.
It's a long season, sometimes the bio rythems just aren't there on a particular night! I see WVU winning a first round game in the dance and after that it's a crap shoot, could lose in the next round or go to the Final Four , neither would shock me!

WVU's defense is a gimmick, Tony. It often works, even against superior talent, but there are times when it doesn't. The former Wake Forest coach on ESPNU said that WVU's half court defense is not very good. Temple, Texas Tech, O.U., and Kansas State all shot between 48% and 51% vs. WVU. Aberrations, too?
Well, Nolan Richardson's " 40 minutes of hell" was gimmick too then, I guess all team that defend the entire court could be considered a gimmick, G-Town under Big John pressed the entire game as well.

It's a long season, sometimes the bio rythems just aren't there on a particular night! I see WVU winning a first round game in the dance and after that it's a crap shoot, could lose in the next round or go to the Final Four , neither would shock me!

Definitely a long season, hate dropping these games we should win though. Especially when we get into the top 10, then we blow a game and drop back out ... then win another big one and get back in. It's been a roller coaster ride.

Rankings don't mean that much in basketball of course, but these things do affect seeding

Tony - You have to go back decades to find comparisons, don't you? You're proving my point. Besides, WVU's defense isn't like any of those others, as the board experts on here have stated. Most teams don't see this style of play more than twice/year, so WVU benefits greatly from unfamiliarity. The good coaches in the Big 12 usually have an answer for it at least once during the season, as they have seen it quite a bit now.

Tony - You have to go back decades to find comparisons, don't you? You're proving my point. Besides, WVU's defense isn't like any of those others, as the board experts on here have stated. Most teams don't see this style of play more than twice/year, so WVU benefits greatly from unfamiliarity. The good coaches in the Big 12 usually have an answer for it at least once during the season, as they have seen it quite a bit now.
Hahahaha, you'll have to excuse me bro, I'm an old guy! I remember Lew Alcindor and Bill Walton days at UCLA!

Unranked Temple, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Kansas State, and Oklahoma State all agree. Oh, and Kansas started losing in Morganhole two years before the birth of the gimmick, so you lose there, too, Hillary....

What are their defensive stats for the year? One game can be an aberration, not saying WVU is a world beater but they play defense as a whole, they're offense is what will hold them back, IMHO.
no sense trying to talk facts to JR...facts do not exist in it's world....shut up JR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT