ADVERTISEMENT

You have got to be joking

Saw that, and just shook my head. WVU currently isn't a top 4 seed, but how could they not be seeded ahead of Oklahoma?

https://www.diehards.com/oklahoma/oklahoma-projected-snag-4-seed-ncaa-committee

Trae Young and the Oklahoma Sooners the last four-seed in the NCAA Tournament. No way.

The Sooners are 16-8 overall and 6-6 in conference play.

Some of you guys just can’t believe the Big12 is just the next Conference. I believe Conference affiliation this year might not mean much. Toss the Conferences in a basket and pull one out this weekend and it is the best Conference. Next week a different Conference will be best. Conference RPI might take a back seat this year. i.e. Oklahoma projection if they fall to a 6 or 7. I’m actually not overly impressed with a team that stands around watching a 6’1” PG chuck up 25 to 30 footers.

Don’t worry though because some on here see 7 or 8 Top 70 RPI Big12 teams making tourney. And because of Conference RPI 5 or 6 of them will advance to Sweet16. Can’t wait for Committee to announce teams. Big12 has a good chance to get more teams in tourney than ACC.

Last edited:
No way OU should be a 4 seed though. They are doing this because they are changing their name to Trae University.

And Trae will promptly lose in the first or 2nd round. Then off to the NBA he will go.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Like it or not, Trae is the current golden boy of college sports. WVU beat Oklahoma twice, but not by stopping Trae, but by having a better team effort.

WVU will be a 4 seed or better in March Madness. That's all I care about. That, and winning 6 games in a row for the national title.

ADVERTISEMENT