ADVERTISEMENT

You gotta love Dan Dakich

I saw a clown on ESPN bad mouthing WVU to the dismay and WTF looks from the other sport talking heads(after two sentences were out of his mouth I said to myself that must be Dan D? and I had no idea what he looked like) when the others said are u serious Dan. I just shook my head. Wish t here was some way to call in and say Dan you still bitter over your screw up at WVU

Danny Diapers is a miserable old man that is butthurt. He may have gotten hate mail from WVU fans after he turned the WV job down and Beilein took it lol who knows

You know that sound of a bullet whizzing by your head? That is Dan Dakich. The best thing that ever happened to WVU was him shitting his pants and moving on.

Reactions: spreadoption
One day ... and maybe not too long from now .... another talking head is going to speak directly to Dakitch walking away from WVU.

If Dan Dakich took this job it could have been a death knell for this program. To use a more universal comparison, its like we dodged Rich Kotite and ended up with Bill Parcells. We should celebrate the day he resigned as kind of a University-wide holiday.

If Dan Dakich took this job it could have been a death knell for this program. To use a more universal comparison, its like we dodged Rich Kotite and ended up with Bill Parcells. We should celebrate the day he resigned as kind of a University-wide holiday.
He was introduced as the new HC to the media,but he hadn't signed a contract..his claim was, that he met with the players that week..after speaking with Hargett, Dakich thought WVU would be placed on probation.

Happily, the majority of what I hear from Dakich these days......much like whatever Chuck Landon is moaning about on any given day.......is when folks around here are posting about him.

But what I'd like to know......even if his issues with WVU are legitimate (which I myself don't if they are or not).......is why he continues to rail away so negatively about the school after all these years ?? I mean, was he that personally damaged ?? As I recall the situation, it wasn't that WVU ejected him; I thought he bolted WVU after claiming he wasn't made aware of the upcoming major NCAA sanctions (which never ended up materializing anyway).

Somebody please help out an old man whose recollection just ain't what it used to be.

Happily, the majority of what I hear from Dakich these days......much like whatever Chuck Landon is moaning about on any given day.......is when folks around here are posting about him.

But what I'd like to know......even if his issues with WVU are legitimate (which I myself don't if they are or not).......is why he continues to rail away so negatively about the school after all these years ?? I mean, was he that personally damaged ?? As I recall the situation, it wasn't that WVU ejected him; I thought he bolted WVU after claiming he wasn't made aware of the upcoming major NCAA sanctions (which never ended up materializing anyway).

Somebody please help out an old man whose recollection just ain't what it used to be.
no, the situation as I recall; he claimed he found some potential NCAA violations from the Catlett regime with Jonathan hargett and other stuff. He supposedly brought it to David hardesty, then WVU president. He claims he was told to keep quiet and if he went further with it, they would "destroy him". So he left. Beilein took over and said dakitch claims weren't true. I believe the NCAA looked it over and found nothing.

Last edited:
no, the situation as I recall; he claimed he found some potential NCAA violations from the Catlett regime with Jonathan hargett and other stuff. He supposedly brought it to David hardesty, then WVU president. He claims he was told to keep quiet and if he went further with it, they would "destroy him". So he left. Beilein took over and said dakitch claims weren't true. I believe the NCAA looked it over and found nothing.

Thanks, now I get it; not sure I ever realized he'd claimed to have been hung out to dry in precisely that manner. Did anyone in the WVU camp.....either on or off the record.....ever respond (directly or indirectly) to DD's "charges" ??

My recollection is that after being here a few days, and seeing potential problens, he asked for more money. He was told no. He then left.

What a clown...

“I was disappointed when I heard how good they were,” Dakich said. “They can’t score. If they don’t get steals, they can not win. In a one game deal, if they can’t turn you over, if you pass-fake and go around them, they won’t be that good.”

https://hailwv.com/2016/03/15/dan-dakich-trashes-wvu-basketball-team/
After reading this remark a few times i realize what DD is saying. He is disappointed on WVU being good. that sums up his personal feelings.
They he says here is how i think you can make them not that good. This isnt about basketball its about DD and his animosity toward WVU and how he like to see them in his words not be good

I was telling my wife about the one week coach and she said "why isn't he coaching somewhere now, why is he a TV commentator?". I said, because he sucks donkey eggs as a coach and nobody in their right mind wants to hire him now. He didn't get any further than Bowling Green. Come to think of it, look at the other former coach commentators on TV right now, they are mainly FAILED coaches. What comes out of their mouths should go in one ear and out the other. If what they have to say was meaningful, they would likely still be head coaches somewhere.

Lets not forget the incompetence on Hardesty's part also play a big role in Dakich being able to walk away. Thank goodness he failed to get that contract signed.

Reactions: spreadoption
ev
Lets not forget the incompetence on Hardesty's part also play a big role in Dakich being able to walk away. Thank goodness he failed to get that contract signed.
everyone I can think of on this board at that time were P'od..it made us look foolish...of course that came off the worst basketball and football seasons we had ever had combined..started of 7-1 in basketball and ended up with 8 wins..first time in history we lost 20 games in basketball..funny thing as I recall, the same thing happened to UNC that season..had a 3-8 season in football in RR first year..11 total wins in the two major sports.

We all owe Jim Boeheim a big "Thank you" for facilitating the connection between WVU and John Beilein once the Dakich era ended.

thank you dan

....for making room for Beilein.
yeh. Keep in mind you never heard ONE WORD from Beilein about any problems/possible sanctions/issues when he came on board. He had a plan and immediately turned his attention to getting a competitive squad teed up and ready to go. IF there had been the kinds of problems that Dakich intimated there were, I doubt Beilein or any other head coach from another school would have taken the job.

I was telling my wife about the one week coach and she said "why isn't he coaching somewhere now, why is he a TV commentator?". I said, because he sucks donkey eggs as a coach and nobody in their right mind wants to hire him now. He didn't get any further than Bowling Green. Come to think of it, look at the other former coach commentators on TV right now, they are mainly FAILED coaches. What comes out of their mouths should go in one ear and out the other. If what they have to say was meaningful, they would likely still be head coaches somewhere.

Which has virtually always been the case......speaking of talking head coaches, I was wondering last weekend what ever happened to Bob Knight ??

I don't watch much BB anymore if the Mountaineers aren't playing, so he may indeed still be hanging around. But if he indeed is gone, I was wondering if his exit from ESPN was voluntary.....which is what I'd honestly assume.....or if he's another who was pushed out by ESPN for whatever their reason-of-the-day happened to be.

lee_corso.jpg

The interesting thing about Corso is that while he got out of coaching his TV gig is is his second job. For years he has been the Director of Business Development of Dixon Ticonderoga ..... you know, those people who make most of the #2 pencils you've used in your life.

The interesting thing about Corso is that while he got out of coaching his TV gig is is his second job. For years he has been the Director of Business Development of Dixon Ticonderoga ..... you know, those people who make most of the #2 pencils you've used in your life.
Wow...I had no idea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT