ADVERTISEMENT

You can't have it both ways. You can't say....

WVUDisciples

All-Conference
Dec 28, 2002
....Oliver Luck was right to bring in Dana because, according to his own reasoning, Bill Stewart did not have us moving in the direction of a national championship.

Then turn around and say, "It's unfair to expect Dana to have us competing for a national championship. It's too hard to win 9+ games here on a regular basis."

The only consistent people on this board are the ones who said replace BS with Dana and now are also calling for Dana to be replaced (because NO ONE is arguing he's made us national contenders even last year)

OR

the people who said, all along, that WVU should be happy with just three losses/year with a Big East schedule and now five losses/year with a Big 12 schedule.

Personally, I did not think BS was getting it done, so you had to try something else. Dana is not getting it done so we try again. If we bring in some guy who goes .500 or worse in the Big XII after 3 years, we try, try again.

But you never just concede and be content for 3rd place in your conference, which is the best we've ever done in the Big XII.

It’s only football. WVU has been a basketball school for a good while now.

Ha ha. WV Paper. You are right. I'd probably be a lot happier if I just took your attitude. So what? Big Deal? Who Cares?

That’s the only reasonable attitude to take on WVU football, once you figure out that most fans like things the way they are. Reliving the days when WVU coaches started seasons telling their team a championship is the goal will make you crazy dude

ADVERTISEMENT