ADVERTISEMENT

Yormark has not abandoned UCONN

skygusty

All-Conference
May 14, 2003
I am pretty certain he still wants them. With the addition of the 4 corner schools, I am not keen on adding Gonzaga to the WVU travel bill. Maybe UCONN has to wait a few more years, and we still need at least 2 more schools in the east. Memphis and UCONN would probably come tomorrow and I don't hate the idea of removing 2 teams from the ACC list to backfill from when they get raided by the BIG SEC juggernaut. Then add Louisville and Pitt and every team in the B12 has a regional pod and a 20 team conf. What does YORMARK want? He should get it.

He should. This conference is embarrassing enough already to take another leftover.

I am pretty certain he still wants them. With the addition of the 4 corner schools, I am not keen on adding Gonzaga to the WVU travel bill. Maybe UCONN has to wait a few more years, and we still need at least 2 more schools in the east. Memphis and UCONN would probably come tomorrow and I don't hate the idea of removing 2 teams from the ACC list to backfill from when they get raided by the BIG SEC juggernaut. Then add Louisville and Pitt and every team in the B12 has a regional pod and a 20 team conf. What does YORMARK want? He should get it.
Yormark shrewdly used UConn to get Arizona by telling everyone if they declined by his deadline he would add UConn and stop at 14. I don’t think UConn will be added.

Reactions: eerdoc
Yormark shrewdly used UConn to get Arizona by telling everyone if they declined by his deadline he would add UConn and stop at 14. I don’t think UConn will be added.
I think the BIG adding Oregon and Washington is what pushed them over the edge, but, lots of people maintain that BY is playing chess while the rest are playing checkers. I guess he will show his hand eventually.

If this is the play, how many marquee BB matchups could BY leverage with….

Arizona
Baylor
Connecticut
Gonzaga
Houston
Kansas
Texas Tech?

Big 12 Monday could feature a damn doubleheader each week.

I think the BIG adding Oregon and Washington is what pushed them over the edge, but, lots of people maintain that BY is playing chess while the rest are playing checkers. I guess he will show his hand eventually.
I think Yormark leaking UConn as final member at 14 was aimed at Arizona and create panic in the Pac12. Yormark WANTED Oregon and Washington to panic and run to the Big10. He leaked Arizona interest which made everyone fearful of being left behind in Pac12.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1duluth1
At least spell his name correctly! It's Yormark.

He might as well give up as Big 12 members said no to UCONN just as they will for Gonzaga.

Everyone knows he used UConn to get Arizona.
Why would Arizona care if UCONN was there or not. They were in already when Colorado decided to say yes. Arizona was part of the deal and ASU threw a temper tantrum and cried to the government (see VT) and grabbed Arizona's tail coat. Utah was just an after thought like gas after a heavy meal.

Why would Arizona care if UCONN was there or not. They were in already when Colorado decided to say yes. Arizona was part of the deal and ASU threw a temper tantrum and cried to the government (see VT) and grabbed Arizona's tail coat. Utah was just an after thought like gas after a heavy meal.
I meant he used UConn to scare Arizona into joining. He gave Arizona a deadline. Told them to decide yes or no by then. Otherwise, he was adding UConn as number 14 and Big 12 expansion would be complete with further plans to expand. He also leaked Arizona interest to scare Oregon and Washington into running to the Big 10. He knew if Oregon and Washington remained in Pac12, that Arizona probably wasn’t coming. ASU and Utah only went after Oregon and Washington was leaving. It was brilliant. It was also likely orchestrated by ESPN and Fox

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT