WVSPORTS.COM Xavier stuns West Virginia 84-74

xWVU2010x

All-American
Sep 3, 2006
“Stunned” is a bit strong to describe this loss I think. We appear to be a decent team with a lot of new faces, the game was winnable and was there heading into the final 4 minutes and then suddenly it wasn’t. I don’t think this was an earth shattering result though, onto the next one.

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
“Stunned” is a bit strong to describe this loss I think. We appear to be a decent team with a lot of new faces, the game was winnable and was there heading into the final 4 minutes and then suddenly it wasn’t. I don’t think this was an earth shattering result though, onto the next one.
Not that it was supposed to be an easy win going in but the fact that WVU led most of the game and Xavier took command late. Look at the thread here or even on social media and you'll see that everyone thought WVU was easily in the command and was on the way to a nice win.

Reactions: JWG66

locustwv

All-Conference
Aug 23, 2012
Not that it was supposed to be an easy win going in but the fact that WVU led most of the game and Xavier took command late. Look at the thread here or even on social media and you'll see that everyone thought WVU was easily in the command and was on the way to a nice win.
I definitely think we should’ve won. I think foul trouble hurt bad in this one.

Rootmaster

All-Conference
Apr 16, 2011
Florida
Here we go again a herd fan clueless.
Actually he is right. Wvu couldn't make threes...make foul shots...or simply pass and catch down the stretch. Great at out if contol fouls hiwever. Terrible last 15 minutes. Deserved the asssss kicking.

WVUALLEN

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
Actually he is right. Wvu couldn't make threes...make foul shots...or simply pass and catch down the stretch. Great at out if contol fouls hiwever. Terrible last 15 minutes. Deserved the asssss kicking.
No he's not right. He's a leftist. WVU missed 3 front ends and 3 easy layups costing them whatever chance they had.

JWG66

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2014
Va
Think the team felt like they had the W in the bag and didn’t play 40 minutes. We got sloppy and gave up momentum.