ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier & Purdue losses looking better every week

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Xavier lost by 7 to #14/#17 Duke!, lost by 4 to #10/#11 Gonzaga!, lost by 2 to Indiana, beat Florida by 7, beat Cincinnati by 3, beat Georgetown by 13, beat Seton Hall by 3 and is #23/#25 nationally. WVU losing to Xavier by 10 is nothing to hang your head in shame over.

WVU’s only losses at 10-2 were to #23/#25 Xavier and #1 Purdue. How many teams have beaten those 2? Why the anguish over WVU losing to those 2?

Sure, I wanted them to win those games. But let's be realistic. These 9 college transfers to Bobbytown are still getting used to each other. Rematches with Purdue or Xavier in March Madness will be an opportunity to revenge and the embarrass WVU fans who chided the coach and players for losing by 10 and 12 points to 2 of the nation's powerhouses.

I will NEVER understand why imperfect people expect perfect performances by their favorite team! People who in their own careers are closer to clerk than CEO.

Just enjoy this remarkable team with so much talent, under the leadership of Hall of Fame coach Bob Huggins and do-everything vocal on-court coach Eric Stevenson! I sure am.

Xavier lost by 7 to #14/#17 Duke!, lost by 4 to #10/#11 Gonzaga!, lost by 2 to Indiana, beat Florida by 7, beat Cincinnati by 3, beat Georgetown by 13, beat Seton Hall by 3 and is #23/#25 nationally. WVU losing to Xavier by 10 is nothing to hang your head in shame over.

WVU’s only losses at 10-2 were to #23/#25 Xavier and #1 Purdue. How many teams have beaten those 2? Why the anguish over WVU losing to those 2?

Sure, I wanted them to win those games. But let's be realistic. These 9 college transfers to Bobbytown are still getting used to each other. Rematches with Purdue or Xavier in March Madness will be an opportunity to revenge and the embarrass WVU fans who chided the coach and players for losing by 10 and 12 points to 2 of the nation's powerhouses.

I will NEVER understand why imperfect people expect perfect performances by their favorite team! People who in their own careers are closer to clerk than CEO.

Just enjoy this remarkable team with so much talent, under the leadership of Hall of Fame coach Bob Huggins and do-everything vocal on-court coach Eric Stevenson! I sure am.
Only ones talking about losing to Xavier and Purdue is you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT