ADVERTISEMENT

WVU's status in athletics is so low...

Rootmaster

All-Conference
Apr 16, 2011
Florida
among pundits and college football fans that the program alternates between being an afterthought and a chuckle.

The football team routinely doesn't get mentioned in Big 12 preseason predictions or gets placed at the bottom... in fact 365 just predicted a 14th place finish. Let that sink in.

Words like "disarray" and "freefall" are used to describe the MB team.

I give "No Luck at All" Oliver credit for destroying the program...or at least setting things up but Woke certainly played a part...hello Kneel..

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Not even close to as fun and good as it used to be. Its painful to admit that we were much better off and a much more fun football team to watch under Dana than now. At least people were interested back then. The Neal Brown era is the worst thing that ever happened to WVU sports. I grew up in Morgantown and know some die-hard fans, but I don't know one of them who can even stomach a NB press conference at this point. People are literally just waiting for the dude to get fired like their pizza is over an hour late and still waiting. Its stupid.

among pundits and college football fans that the program alternates between being an afterthought and a chuckle.

The football team routinely doesn't get mentioned in Big 12 preseason predictions or gets placed at the bottom... in fact 365 just predicted a 14th place finish. Let that sink in.

Words like "disarray" and "freefall" are used to describe the MB team.

I give "No Luck at All" Oliver credit for destroying the program...or at least setting things up but Woke certainly played a part...hello Kneel..
I think Neal Brown’s previous success was mostly due to having an elite DC. And like you said, wokism took that away when they fired Vic Koenning. That said, Brown should’ve been able to adjust from that if he were capable of the job. I like the guy, but he’s in over his head at WVU. We can all blame NIL and the Portal, but other coaches are still succeeding at similar programs. It’s time for a change after 2023, unless he exceeds expectations

I think Neal Brown’s previous success was mostly due to having an elite DC. And like you said, wokism took that away when they fired Vic Koenning. That said, Brown should’ve been able to adjust from that if he were capable of the job. I like the guy, but he’s in over his head at WVU. We can all blame NIL and the Portal, but other coaches are still succeeding at similar programs. It’s time for a change after 2023, unless he exceeds expectations
Up until last year the defense was fine.

Reactions: WVU-SE and WESTBGVA
Elite? Huh? Go look at his defense last year at Louisiana Monroe.

45 points to Arkansas State
41 points to South Alabama
48 points to Army

Elite? Huh? Go look at his defense last year at Louisiana Monroe.

45 points to Arkansas State
41 points to South Alabama
48 points to Army
Cherry picking his resume doesn’t prove I’m wrong. I believe over the course of his career, he’s been a great DC. And I’m looking at solid D1 programs that he had as DC over the course of his career. Last year, maybe he had nothing to work with. It’s not like Louisiana Monroe is known for being a good football program.

Cherry picking his resume doesn’t prove I’m wrong. I believe over the course of his career, he’s been a great DC. And I’m looking at solid D1 programs that he had as DC over the course of his career. Last year, maybe he had nothing to work with. It’s not like Louisiana Monroe is known for being a good football program.
I'm not cherrypicking anything. You used the word "elite". If you are "elite", then you make a difference in year #1 on a new team. And it's not like the teams I listed are world beaters either.

I'm not cherrypicking anything. You used the word "elite". If you are "elite", then you make a difference in year #1 on a new team. And it's not like the teams I listed are world beaters either.
Vic Koenning was the only real coach we've had on staff in the last 5 years. He has coached some great defenses including UNC and Clemson, who he led both to having highly ranked defenses. You are not just cherry picking, you are displaying your lack of football sense and proving your trollhood.

Vic Koenning was the only real coach we've had on staff in the last 5 years. He has coached some great defenses including UNC and Clemson, who he led both to having highly ranked defenses. You are not just cherry picking, you are displaying your lack of football sense and proving your trollhood.
Yet he couldn't hold down the mighty offenses of Army, Arkansas State, and South Alabama. Got it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT