ADVERTISEMENT

WVU's record in the Big 12 over the last 24 months is impressive

What happen at the beginning of Nov to change West Virginia except playing the bottom end of the conference at the end of the year.
Impressive but it an arbitrary date unless there was a dramatic change like a coaching change.

Even with that I think West Virginia has improved since entering the conference especially in recruiting.

If we beat Texas, I mean you have to give DH a passing grade for the year right? Would be no worse than 13-5 in conference over past 2 seasons and 6-3 this year.

This fan base mystifies me. Grass is always greener on the other side. HCDH has done an incredible job. This fan base expects a top 8 program like that should be the standard DH is held to. For the haters be careful what you wish for. This guy is as good as WVU can get. He’s an excellent coach.

Reactions: Phil and WVUALLEN
I am happy with the Mountaineers at 7-3. I would be even happier with the Mountaineers if they finish the season at 8-4. I am talking about getting the win over Texas. Oklahoma? Forget about it. Warez

I am happy with the Mountaineers at 7-3. I would be even happier with the Mountaineers if they finish the season at 8-4. I am talking about getting the win over Texas. Oklahoma? Forget about it. Warez
Forget about it? Not in this 2017 whacky season where the unexpected is to be expected. I would not be shocked if WVU beat Texas and Oklahoma. Surprised by the Sooner upset, but not shocked. If Grier and Gibby's defenders both have their "A" game, no team in the country is safe. Well, maybe Alabama.

M istakes by special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 24-31

O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20

U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16

N ot sharp but beat Kansas, 56-34

T ops statistically but tough loss to TCU, 24-31

A mbushed Texas Tech, 46-35, with 20:49 minute goose egg

I nvincible to inept, nipped Baylor, 38-36

N oxious offense deadly vs. Oklahoma State, 39-50

E arly lead behind offense, defense; survived Iowa State, 20-16

E ers defense, then offense beat Kansas State, 28-23

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Even more impressive to some is WVU has went 2-0 vs the 'great' Matt Campbell who has beaten 2 top 5 schools ........... in the month of October.

If the 'great' Matt Campbell wins Nationals Coach of the Year, the Dana Carl Holgorsen must be a cooooaaching .......... God!

It is pretty good record. Need to beat the Sooners though.

What happen at the beginning of Nov to change West Virginia except playing the bottom end of the conference at the end of the year.
Impressive but it an arbitrary date unless there was a dramatic change like a coaching change.

Even with that I think West Virginia has improved since entering the conference especially in recruiting.

You know what 19-1 Big12 record tells most people? The Big12 sucks! Unless of course that team went on to the playoffs and hammered some teams. So when you combine a 19-1 Big12 record with missing the playoffs one year and getting humiliated the other year most unbiased people realize the Big12 isn’t that good. At least in 2015 and 2016. But hey there’s always this year so hang in there. Maybe the Big12 one trick pony can win a couple games in January. Lord knows they win them in oct nov and dec.

Forget about it? Not in this 2017 whacky season where the unexpected is to be expected. I would not be shocked if WVU beat Texas and Oklahoma. Surprised by the Sooner upset, but not shocked. If Grier and Gibby's defenders both have their "A" game, no team in the country is safe. Well, maybe Alabama.

M istakes by special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 24-31

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

LOL

Since two weeks ago West Virginia has the best record in the Big XII

tumblr_ljk3cu52T51qcoqtho1_400.gif

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Yes........you can forget about whipping OKlahoma this year. WV can beat Texas but even this game will be extra tough. Texas ain't exactly a slouch! Oklahoma and Baker Mayfield will have their way with the WV defense. Warez

Yes........you can forget about whipping OKlahoma this year. WV can beat Texas but even this game will be extra tough. Texas ain't exactly a slouch! Oklahoma and Baker Mayfield will have their way with the WV defense. Warez

Texas no slouch LOL? They are an excellent slouch. At 5-5 and getting blasted by Maryland on Home field makes them a slouch and you a spinster.

This fan base mystifies me. Grass is always greener on the other side. HCDH has done an incredible job. This fan base expects a top 8 program like that should be the standard DH is held to. For the haters be careful what you wish for. This guy is as good as WVU can get. He’s an excellent coach.

"This guy is as good as WVU can get." Sounds like you're the one that doesn't think much of WVU if that's your sentiment. As good as we can get? Bullsh*t. Coaches come and go and once in a while you find a diamond in the rough or fortunate and wealthy enough to find a proven coach.

WVU is in a tough conference, no one is denying that but what country you living in? Everyone feels that nothing is ever good enough for them.

As far as DH goes, he's been blown out way too many times for the money the school has spent on the program. I'm not talking about losing, but the way we have in the past under him. The poor assistant coaching hires; the poor decision making especially with clock management and taking timeouts home with him just to name a few things.

He's far from the best we can do. But my hats off to him and the defense for what they've done so far considering the circumstances on that side of the ball.

RR may have been in the BE but after only one year he won 8-9 games each year with three straight double digit win seasons. Nehlen and not just his two unbeaten regular seasons but both had a shot at a nat'l title.

DH has done none of that. He might and I hope he does but until he improves on some things he's far from the best we can do.

Texas no slouch LOL? They are an excellent slouch. At 5-5 and getting blasted by Maryland on Home field makes them a slouch and you a spinster.

GREGJACOBS..............you come after ole Warez no matter what he writes. You try your best to bully and police this site. It ain't working. At least not with me. You are what I call a piece of work. Well, you and the Paper Boy
War-ez

Reactions: Phil
"This guy is as good as WVU can get." Sounds like you're the one that doesn't think much of WVU if that's your sentiment. As good as we can get? Bullsh*t. Coaches come and go and once in a while you find a diamond in the rough or fortunate and wealthy enough to find a proven coach.

WVU is in a tough conference, no one is denying that but what country you living in? Everyone feels that nothing is ever good enough for them.

As far as DH goes, he's been blown out way too many times for the money the school has spent on the program. I'm not talking about losing, but the way we have in the past under him. The poor assistant coaching hires; the poor decision making especially with clock management and taking timeouts home with him just to name a few things.

He's far from the best we can do. But my hats off to him and the defense for what they've done so far considering the circumstances on that side of the ball.

RR may have been in the BE but after only one year he won 8-9 games each year with three straight double digit win seasons. Nehlen and not just his two unbeaten regular seasons but both had a shot at a nat'l title.

DH has done none of that. He might and I hope he does but until he improves on some things he's far from the best we can do.

Hey buddy hate to break the news to you but WVU isn’t a Top 20 coaching job. DH is an excellent coach and is about as good as WVU can get. Guess what Einstein. WVU feels the same way because he’s making a boatload on a good long term deal. I’m just agreeing with WVU leadership. They signed him to a big deal because they also think he’s as good as WVU can get. Nothing funnier than geek fans that think they know best. Maybe you should have been an AD.

GREGJACOBS..............you come after ole Warez no matter what he writes. You try your best to bully and police this site. It ain't working. At least not with me. You are what I call a piece of work. Well, you and the Paper Boy
War-ez

Dude you post dumb shitt. What else can I tell ya. If you feel bullied on a freaken free opinion site then I feel sorry for you and phil. Lighten up brother.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
War-ez
Same old boring act. Get your Ged and come up with something new.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Hey buddy hate to break the news to you but WVU isn’t a Top 20 coaching job. DH is an excellent coach and is about as good as WVU can get. Guess what Einstein. WVU feels the same way because he’s making a boatload on a good long term deal. I’m just agreeing with WVU leadership. They signed him to a big deal because they also think he’s as good as WVU can get. Nothing funnier than geek fans that think they know best. Maybe you should have been an AD.

Like I have said before it will be so funny when the B1G and SEC raid the Carolina and Virginia schools. I say that because Penn St wants you gone. They want to relegate you to a group of 5 conference and this is their chance.

The SEC, Big XII and B1G will divide the ACC like the Allies did after WWI. Issue with that is like WWI after the ACC falls apart some universities will no longer exist as a Power Conference school.
West Virginia will have a new rivalry with Louisville
general-george-c-marchall-and-his-staff-looking-over-a-map-picture-id50442212

Last edited:
Like I have said before it will be so funny when the B1G and SEC raid the Carolina and Virginia schools. I say that because Penn St wants you gone. They want to relegate you to a group of 5 conference and this is their chance.

The SEC, Big XII and B1G will divide the ACC like the Allies did after WWI. Issue with that is like WWI after the ACC falls apart some universities will no longer exist as a Power Conference school.
Hey puff the magic dragon. Big 12 is the walking dead. Everyone knows it unless you are a delusional Homer.

I think that made them 0-1. Today they are 5-5 now. If your narrative includes building Texas up like they are better than a 5 loss team LOL at you. WVU will pound them if they play their game.

I never said they were better than or anything other than a 5-5 team. Clearly they are better now than the bitch slapping they took from Maryland. I just asked a simple straightforward question and you simply couldn't answer it without being an ass.

Thanks.

A major conference with ten teams is much more vulnerable than a conference with 12, 14 or 16. It is a numbers game. If the day ever comes that Ok or Tx hit the trail then the Big 12-2=10 is in deep trouble.

A conference is as weak as its strongest member.
If you rate conferences by revenue of its two strongest member
B1G 2) Ohio St. 3) Michigan
BIG XII 1) Texas 6) Oklahoma
SEC 4) Alabama. 5) A&M

Neither do the ACC or PAC 12 have any of their institutions in the Top 10.
ND is in the Top 20 but they do not play football in the ACC.

The charter members of the conference are the Virginia and Carolina schools with UNC and UVA being the most important.

UNC and UVA have a huge revenue gap that is 100 million behind Texas. UVA doesn't care because they for the most part do not feel like they need sports to be important. UNC on the other hand has to have a big basketball program very much like how Texas is in football because their state demands it. The difference is UNC is in a much smaller state in a sport that generates less revenue than football.

Once UNC has other programs being able to steal their assistants or coaches then they will jump.
UK makes 50 more million than UNC. This is why Kentucky for the most part takes in the Top basketball recruits.

I think that made them 0-1. Today they are 5-5 now. If your narrative includes building Texas up like they are better than a 5 loss team LOL at you. WVU will pound them if they play their game.

Why you add the qualifier to your story? WV will pound them if they play their game. You added that to keep the limb that you are standing on from being sawed off !!! War-ez

Hey fellow members this guy qualifies as a retard right? I haven’t used that word since Eers reprimanded my usage but this post is beyond idiotic. I had nowhere to turn. Can someone tell this guy the ACC just extended their GOR and locked down ND for like 20 years. Let him know the Big12 is held hostage by Texas and Oklahoma so 2023-2025 is downright scary right now for the conference stability.

I know this poster is new but he’s all yours so enjoy!

Your the worst troll ever. I usually laugh at a good troll. Go back to you HB and practice being a dick before you come here and show us that you’re one.

You should really learn the art of trolling.
The obvious trolls get banned and ignored.
Kinda like how you are on here. Over half the members have ignored you.
A bunch of insults doesn't make you entertaining.
It makes you seem pathetic

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT