ADVERTISEMENT

WVU's Dana Holgorsen the 32nd highest paid coach in the country this year

I see a new negotiation in Holgorsen’s near future.

What is crazy about that list is Jimbo Fisher's buyout.

This year it is at 65 million.

Jimbo knows he will fail and aggy is the only school stupid enough to give a coach that much of a buyout.
That buyout does not decline by that much in the next 4 years.

They are stuck with him win or lose.
If they lose to Kentucky on Saturday they are going to go on a 4 game losing streak.

Jimbo the cuck is cucking aggy.

Knew you’d jump in with a negative comment root . So the coach of the undefeated #9 team in the nation is 32nd on the money list and you think he is overpaid. Got it.

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
As someone pointed out, his ranking is very close to what WVU is ranked most years. Based on that it would seem he's paid about what you would expect.
Players and coaches tend to get new contracts based on their best years not their averages.

No way.
Unless he absolutely kills it. Big contract extension means a large buyout.
So if you start paying him 4-5 million a year for the next 6 you are stuck with him because you don't want to pay for a 25 million dollar buyout.

I would much rather have a coach who has a style that has won. Plus one that can bring in at least one if not two Top 25 classes

Tell me one hurry up up tempo team that has won a NC.
Oregon and Oklahoma are the only ones that actually have gotten there but they both suck in big games.

Last edited:
I'm just going by success for dollars spent for my comparison.

If you look at National titles, college football playoff appearances, etc, no coach or program is in his zip code. The guy has Alabama there EVERY YEAR. If Saban was a stock, he'd pay good dividends.

If you look at Harbaugh his record is very similar to Brady Hoke over the same number of games, yet his salary is similar to Urban Meyer. The difference is Hoke actually beat Ohio State and Sparty Harbaugh's record vs Ohio State and Meat Chicken State has only 1 win. He isn't that great for the $$$$$. They're not paying him that money to lose to the other SC in the Capital One Bowl in Tampa. They're paying him to at worst best Ohio State and Own the state of Meat Chicken and go the Rose Bowl in Pascedena. His best season Jimbo owned him in the Orange Bowl.

I realize that some of you folks think that DH walks on water but personally, I believe WVU could do better than someone who is the breathing definition of mediocre. As HC at WVU DH has:

1. a 29-27 Big 12-2=10 record.
2. has finished one time above fourth in the conference
3. has led the team to his highest ranking in his tenure of 17th one time since the conference switch
4. is 40-36 against P5 schools
5. is 2-4 in bowl games.

Bottom line he is ok....but ok only.

Reactions: Spookycat2002
I realize that some of you folks think that DH walks on water but personally, I believe WVU could do better than someone who is the breathing definition of mediocre. As HC at WVU DH has:

3. has led the team to his highest ranking in his tenure of 17th one time since the conference switch
5. is 2-4 in bowl games.

3rd on the list of most wins by a WVU coach with 57.

40-36 vs P5 schools. Basically what your saying is 29 games vs P5 schools are conference games so that is 11 OOC P5 wins. 27 of the losses against P5 schools are conference losses. This means 9 Losses vs OOC P5 schools. That's 11-9 OOC vs P5

Plays in a tougher conference than all the previous coaches.

Lot of coaches at WVU have a losing Bowl record.

Last edited:
Little Big XII History Lesson for WV fans.

Nebraska and A&M sucked in the Big XII because of what happened in 1999 and 2000.

Mike Leach went to OU and started the AirRaid.
Leach went to Tech and brought in Art Briles.
Texas' OC Greg Davis bought into the system and said UT was going to out Oklahoma Oklahoma.

The Big XII changed because it had to adjust to O

A&M didn't until 2003 and Nebraska till much later.

Why this is important?

Maybe you haven't noticed by certain schools are playing different.
Not saying the change will be as crazy as 1999 but the HUNH offense of DH will be put to bed.

Why get stuck with someone like DH and his HUNH offense when teams even Oklahoma are trying to become a lot more efficient and having the ability to control the ball.

If you get stuck with DH and the conference changes you are Nebraska and A&M without the talent

So years of 4-8 and not being able to compete

Points and yards are worthless if your D gives up the same amount

Not all TDs are equal.
Much rather have a long drive than an one play 86 yd TD.

Looks sexy but doesn't win football games.

5. is 2-4 in bowl games.

You're being to nice. The Fluffer hasn't beaten a team that finished ranked in the top 25 since 2014. He got curb stomped by a 6-6 pac 12 team from a conference that went 1-8 in bowl games last season. Wvu has put more players in the nfl than any other school except for Oklahoma since Big 12 membership but has failed to finish higher than 3rd in conference play. His biggest win came with another coach's players. He can't recruit a decent Qb out of high school. The Fluffer is known for his late season collapses and he is in position to repeat that annual feat again this year.

3rd on the list of most wins by a WVU coach with 57.

40-36 vs P5 schools. Basically what your saying is 29 games vs P5 schools are conference games so that is 11 OOC P5 wins. 27 of the losses against P5 schools are conference losses. This means 9 Losses vs OOC P5 schools. That's 11-9 OOC vs P5

Plays in a tougher conference than all the previous coaches.

Lot of coaches at WVU have a losing Bowl record.
Previous coaches were able to beat 6-6 pac 12 schools from conferences that go 1-8 in bowl games.

[QUOTE="Butler-eer, post: 2117879, member: 1332"]Top 10 program with the 32nd highest paid coach. Overpaid? Hmmmmmm....... Hopefully you just missed the burleywood.[/QUOTE]

so you're saying wvu is a top 10 program on an annual basis? They may be ranked in the top ten now but don't count on it come seasons end

Actually after looking at the list further there are 3 guys making $5 million annually that look way overpaid.

Lovie Smith
Scott Frost
Willie Taggart

Still Harbaugh by comparison is worse. A lot of hoopla but not results.

Actually after looking at the list further there are 3 guys making $5 million annually that look way overpaid.

Lovie Smith
Scott Frost
Willie Taggart

Still Harbaugh by comparison is worse. A lot of hoopla but not results.
It should also be noted that Dana would probably fall a few more spots if every school had to report their actual contract amounts. Several of the coaches are listed making far less than they actually do.

Reactions: 3xWVUenginEER
The name Dana itself is feminine.

Wonder why he plays fag football.

Some of you are just too stupid to see it.

Previous coaches were able to beat 6-6 pac 12 schools from conferences that go 1-8 in bowl games.

Cool! It's spookycat. I see you finally quit posting as a Texas troll and brought back this profile.

Bill Stewart lost bowls to a horrible 6-6 FSU team.
Fraud lost to a bad 7-5 UVA team.
Nehlen lost to a 6-5 South Carolina team. 6-5 Georgia Tech, 7-4 Missouri

Last 3 Previous coaches won a total of 8 Bowl games.in 28 years. Pretty terrible.

But today's football world is defined by CFP not bowl games.

[QUOTE="Butler-eer, post: 2117879, member: 1332"]Top 10 program with the 32nd highest paid coach. Overpaid? Hmmmmmm....... Hopefully you just missed the burleywood.

so you're saying wvu is a top 10 program on an annual basis? They may be ranked in the top ten now but don't count on it come seasons end[/QUOTE]
Don't be a jackwad. We are top 10 now. Have been top 10 at times in the past under DH.
If you just don't like DH, say so. Seems like all of your posts are critical of the program.
Go back to licking the boots of Billy Boy.

And since DH has been our only HC since the CFP began...how close has Coach Mediocre gotten the Mountaineers? Reread my stats I posted earlier for your answer.

The CFP teams 2014-14-2018
Alabama - 4
Clemson - 3
Ohio State - 2
Oklahoma - 2
Washington - 1
Georgia - 1
Michigan State - 1
FSU - 1
Oregon - 1

I guess the other 119 coaches should be fired as well.

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
Is Holgs making about $80,000 a week? That's about 3X more than most of the hard working folks in the Mountain state earn in a year!. It ain't right! Warez

Cool! It's spookycat. I see you finally quit posting as a Texas troll and brought back this profile.

Bill Stewart lost bowls to a horrible 6-6 FSU team.
Fraud lost to a bad 7-5 UVA team.
Nehlen lost to a 6-5 South Carolina team. 6-5 Georgia Tech, 7-4 Missouri

Last 3 Previous coaches won a total of 8 Bowl games.in 28 years. Pretty terrible.

But today's football world is defined by CFP not bowl games.
When is your messiah going to get us to the college football playoff? The loss to a 6-6 pac 12 team from a conference that went 1-8 in bowl games is much worse than anything you listed. You stated many times during the off season that this was make or break for the fluffer. Your words not mine. We have seen cracks in the Armour the last 2 games. Everyone has seen this scenario before at the end of the season you will be in hiding like always.

so you're saying wvu is a top 10 program on an annual basis? They may be ranked in the top ten now but don't count on it come seasons end
Don't be a jackwad. We are top 10 now. Have been top 10 at times in the past under DH.
If you just don't like DH, say so. Seems like all of your posts are critical of the program.
Go back to licking the boots of Billy Boy.[/QUOTE]
I doubt many people would classify wvu as a top ten program jackwad. Top ten programs are the ones who are annually there. When have we been in the top 10 in the past under DH jackwad? This team will fall apart at the end of the season jackwad.

You're being to nice. The Fluffer hasn't beaten a team that finished ranked in the top 25 since 2014. He got curb stomped by a 6-6 pac 12 team from a conference that went 1-8 in bowl games last season. Wvu has put more players in the nfl than any other school except for Oklahoma since Big 12 membership but has failed to finish higher than 3rd in conference play. His biggest win came with another coach's players. He can't recruit a decent Qb out of high school. The Fluffer is known for his late season collapses and he is in position to repeat that annual feat again this year.

You're just a ray of sunshine. Who's your team?

When is your messiah going to get us to the college football playoff? The loss to a 6-6 pac 12 team from a conference that went 1-8 in bowl games is much worse than anything you listed. You stated many times during the off season that this was make or break for the fluffer. Your words not mine. We have seen cracks in the Armour the last 2 games. Everyone has seen this scenario before at the end of the season you will be in hiding like always.

We know how you feel about DH. "fluffer" Really? And you fully supported Good Ol Bill? Your credibility is well below zero.

I have watched wvu football long before you sat in the crowd of the 1994 Wvu Boston college game. I really know you are a marshall fan.

Woah...that is wild because that is actually the first game I went to. :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

Who are you spooky?

Definitely not a Marshall fan.

Last edited:
Have been top 10 at times in the past under DH.

Ah yes...then comes the annual late season collapse. Since WVU entered the Big 12-2=10 DH has led the Mountaineers to one....that's one...finish in the Top 25 and that was 17th. Early season rankings are like ice cubes in the Arizona sun...they melt away.

Reactions: Spookycat2002
ADVERTISEMENT