ADVERTISEMENT

WVU's Bob Huggins on the Marty Smith show

I have to tell you I don't do talk radio, it's just not something I'm interested in but boy I can't get enough of Bob Huggins. You should always take the time to listen/watch Bob's interviews. I can't tell you that you'll learn a lot about basketball when you listen but you'll learn a lot about love of the game, about the importance of family and friends, appreciation for what we learn as we grow older and loyalty to those around you and to the the things you love most -- in Huggs' case that would be the state of West Virginia and West Virginia University.

Sorry to be a bit dramatic but West Virginia is really lucky to have Bob Huggins and sometimes that really hits you when you're listening to him.

I've been fortunate to have been able to meet Coach Huggins twice and they remarkable thing about him is how approachable and laid back he is. Earlier this year at a Coaches' Caravan event in Martinsburg a friend and I got some photos taken with him and I mentioned Teddy Allen. He and I had a good discussion about "Teddy Buckets" that lasted about 5 minutes. He is very open and candid and hasn't let his fame go to his head. We are fortunate to have a great coach like Huggs.

I have to tell you I don't do talk radio, it's just not something I'm interested in but boy I can't get enough of Bob Huggins. You should always take the time to listen/watch Bob's interviews. I can't tell you that you'll learn a lot about basketball when you listen but you'll learn a lot about love of the game, about the importance of family and friends, appreciation for what we learn as we grow older and loyalty to those around you and to the the things you love most -- in Huggs' case that would be the state of West Virginia and West Virginia University.

Sorry to be a bit dramatic but West Virginia is really lucky to have Bob Huggins and sometimes that really hits you when you're listening to him.

You got that right...Bob is entertaining...along with being a hall of fame basketball coach. Enjoy every minute of his time at WVU!!!

Reactions: CAJUNEER and Vernon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT