ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release WVU Women's Soccer: Izzo-Brown Announces Seifert as Assistant Coach

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (July 22, 2024) – West Virginia University women’s soccer coach Nikki Izzo-Brown has announced the hiring of Liesa Seifert as an assistant coach on the Mountaineer women’s soccer staff.

Seifert, who spent time as a graduate assistant on WVU’s staff from 2020-23, will assist with the team’s daily training sessions and game preparations.

“We are so happy to have Liesa back in Morgantown to work with the team,” Izzo-Brown said. “She was so impactful during her three years here and was instrumental in helping this team win a Big 12 Championship in 2022. I’m excited for her to help our program continue to win championships.”

“I am extremely honored to join the Mountaineer family once again,” Seifert said. “I would like to express my gratitude to Nikki, her staff and the administration for their continued trust and support. My time in Colorado with the Rapids and the Colorado Storm was invaluable, and I appreciate the opportunity to grow and develop as a coach. I am excited to bring my experiences back to Morgantown and contribute to the success of our team.”

Prior to returning to Morgantown, Seifert coached the Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club in Castle Rock, Colorado, for one year. While there, she was the head coach for two elite teams and one regional select team. She designed and implemented age-appropriate training sessions for the teams, aligned with the Colorado Rapids Player Development Plan. Seifert also represented the Colorado Storm, which finished as a national runner-up in the USL W League.

Before her time in Colorado, Seifert completed her graduate assistantship with the Mountaineers, where she was a member of the staff for three seasons. Seifert took on both coaching and team operations responsibilities during this time, as she assisted in daily training sessions and managed team equipment and gear at practice, in competition and on the road.

Additionally, Seifert handled the team’s live coding systems at competitions and during practices using Sportscode, Spiideo and SBG Focus. She also created individualized post-game video analysis for players.

Seifert’s coaching career began at her alma mater, the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, where she served as an assistant coach for one season. Her responsibilities included daily coaching duties, travel planning and logistics coordination. She was instrumental in drafting team scouting reports, presentations and managing TITAN GPS tracking software.

As a player, Seifert spent time on the U-17, U-19 and U-20 German Youth National Teams, as well as 1. FFC Turbine Potsdam in Germany, appearing in over 100 matches. Seifert then played Division I college soccer at UA Little Rock from 2017-19, where she helped the team to a Sun Belt Conference Championship and was a First Team All-Sun Belt honoree in 2018. She also was recognized on the United Soccer Coaches All-Southeast Region Third Team that year, before being honored as the 2019 WPSL Defensive Player of the Year in the south region.

Seifert graduated from UA Little Rock with a Bachelor of Business Administration in 2019, before earning her Master of Science in Sport Management and Coaching & Sports Education from WVU in 2023. Seifert holds a USSF “D” license and a UEFA “B” license.

For more information on the Mountaineers, follow @WVUWomensSoccer on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT