ADVERTISEMENT

WVU- VT highest rating show Thursday night

Funny, troll vorwhore was nowhere to be seen on these boards or paying any attention to WVU football while I was celebrating WVUs in game success and win over VT.

Seems his sole purpose here is to throw dirt on DH endlessly and tell people 5 wins is all they should expect from WVU football And they should blindly support a coach no matter what.

Bucky was gone for a few days after the wvu win. He was so upset that Nurse Ratchet had to tie him down to his bed to prevent him from harming himself or others.

• Haha
Reactions: WVUFanForever
Actually I was present during the game and after, while vorwhore dissappeared for several days while he concocted more derailing and trolling messages to distract WVU fans.

Evidence of the decline in popularity of WVUs brand since Brown arrived:

2017 WVU-VT: 4.645 million viewers

2022 WVU-VT: 1.60 million viewers

hmmm

No, it was not "an entire year". The 2017 game had 4.645 million viewers for the ONE game.

look at WEEK ONE

Liars are going to lie I guess. Just live in total fantasyland as they spread their b.s.

No, it was not "an entire year". The 2017 game had 4.645 million viewers for the ONE game.

look at WEEK ONE

Liars are going to lie I guess. Just live in total fantasyland as they spread their b.s.
Have to take in consideration the date and time; and the teams' success and/or perceived success at the time the game is played.

Evidence of the decline in popularity of WVUs brand since Brown arrived:

hmmm
The 2017 game against Virginia tech was played on a Sunday night during opening weekend fool. Its a big difference then a Thursday night in week 4. The people that did watch in 2017 witnessed another Holgorsen choke job. Holgorsens 2nd straight loss to an Acc team. They also witnessed Holgorsen get taken to school by a 2nd year coach that has since been fired. But that was Dana for you.

Have to take in consideration the date and time; and the teams' success and/or perceived success at the time the game is played.
Who is responsible for the “teams' success and/or perceived success at the time the game is played?” Kind of the entire point.

The 2017 game against Virginia tech was played on a Sunday night during opening weekend fool. Its a big difference then a Thursday night in week 4. The people that did watch in 2017 witnessed another Holgorsen choke job. Holgorsens 2nd straight loss to an Acc team. They also witnessed Holgorsen get taken to school by a 2nd year coach that has since been fired. But that was Dana for you.
Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. Time to deal with reality. The current game was an exclusive Thursday night event with no competition.

Less? With more?

Holgorsen won more games at WVU than anyone but Nehlen. Won a conference championship. Crushed Clemson in a major bowl. Had two ten win seasons which are rare in Morgantown. Many other accomplishments, all against the toughest schedules WVU has faced and with a depleted roster due to underrecruiting by the previous coach and derailment of his own recruiting by the AD.

Brown on the other hand inherited a team that had a top ten offense, was ranked in the playoff and other polls and was mere pts from playing in a BIG 12 CCG- and ran it into the ground.

Many other accomplishments, all against the toughest schedules WVU has faced and with a depleted roster due to underrecruiting by the previous coach and derailment of his own recruiting by the AD.
Sounds just like what Brown has occurred.

Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. Time to deal with reality. The current game was an exclusive Thursday night event with no competition.
The game in 2017 was exclusive to Sunday night with no competition on a holiday weekend when most where off work on Monday. The Virginia Tech fans tuned in more in 2017 because they knew wvu was coached by Holgorsen which meant an automatic win.

Reactions: CAK125
Brown on the other hand inherited a team that had a top ten offense, was ranked in the playoff and other polls and was mere pts from playing in a BIG 12 CCG- and ran it into the ground.
Top 10 offensive that put up 18 points vs Syracuse in the previous years bowl game, getting held to two field goal in the second half as Syracuse out scored that #10 offense 20-6..
Awesome display of fire power in the bowl game.

Last edited:
Less? With more?

Holgorsen won more games at WVU than anyone but Nehlen. Won a conference championship. Crushed Clemson in a major bowl. Had two ten win seasons which are rare in Morgantown. Many other accomplishments, all against the toughest schedules WVU has faced and with a depleted roster due to underrecruiting by the previous coach and derailment of his own recruiting by the AD.

You're Just a Troll spreading misinformation and lies.

Factual vidence of the decline in popularity of WVUs brand since Brown arrived:

these are facts, something the right wing liars around here don't like too much.

There is a difference of over 3 million viewers. That can't be accounted for for network, time/day etc. That is a huge difference for all to see (and some to try and spin lies away from to carry on their ridiculous lying agenda).

Factual vidence of the decline in popularity of WVUs brand since Brown arrived:

these are facts, something the right wing liars around here don't like too much.

There is a difference of over 3 million viewers. That can't be accounted for for network, time/day etc. That is a huge difference for all to see (and some to try and spin lies away from to carry on their ridiculous lying agenda).
4.4 million watched WVU lose.

This season WVU @ VT went up against NFL Thursday night game that had 11.3 million viewers.

Fact that with your spin stories.

Oh and WVU won this time in blowout fashion.

4.4 million watched WVU lose.

This season WVU @ VT went up against NFL Thursday night game that had 11.3 million viewers.

Fact that with your spin stories.

Oh and WVU won this time in blowout fashion.
Yeah, bucky's argument on this is totally skewered.

Reactions: Euell
It’s funny watching trolls running wild trying to excuse away proof of a serious decline. And that’s with just one rating for VT. In 2021 WVU-VT only made it to FS1 with .932 m viewers compared to nearly 5 mil in 2017.

Here are some more comparative tv ratings for WVU— from 2018 and 2021 to further illustrate the decline in popularity WVU football has suffered under Brown.

2018 rating Network 2021 Rating Network
OU 5.630 ESPN OU 4.502 ABC
TX 4.931 FOX TX 1.005 ESPN2
OSU 3.900 ABC OSU 1.140 ESPN
TCU .728 FS1 TCU .369 ESPNU
Baylor .577 FS1 Baylor .456 FS1
KU .731 ESPN2 KU .485 FS1
TTU 1.147 ESPN2 TTU .666 ESPN2
K STATE 1.241 ESPN K STATE .476 FS1
I STATE 1.323 FS1 I STATE N/A ESPN +
Bowl (Orlando- SU) 4.828 ESPN Bowl (Cactus-MN) 2.400 ESPN
OOC (TN) 2.647 CBS OOC (UMD) 1.350 ESPN

Last edited:
It’s funny watching trolls running wild trying to excuse away proof of a serious decline. And that’s with just one rating for VT. In 2021 WVU-VT only made it to FS1 with .932 m viewers compared to nearly 5 mil in 2017.

Here are some more comparative tv ratings for WVU— from 2018 and 2021 to further illustrate the decline in popularity WVU football has suffered under Brown.

Nobody is disputing the sufferings of WVU under Brown. Your empty head is just full of imaginations that aren't real. Notice who the team is that WVU is playing.

It’s mind boggling since Brown had that high powered offense returning that performed so well in that bowl game. They should of just allowed WVU to move up to the NFL since Holgersen left such a high powered machine.

The post above makes no sense whatsoever.
Guess you lack basic comprehension.

You have two sets of ratings.

One from the final year of the previous coach

2nd from the last full year of the current coach.

Looking at the data we see that in 2018 playing the same opponents, or the same level of game— out of conference or bowl, WVU had far higher ratings than for the same games in 2021. This is further evidence of the decline of the WVU football brand under Neal Browns watch.

You can see for example that the OU game in 2018, had many more viewers than did the 2021 version of the game, even though 2018 was on cable and 2021 ABC broadcast ( which typically delivers more viewers than the cable channel ESPN with its more limited audience). Or you can see games on the same network - I.e. FS1 with Baylor—. The viewership declined significantly between 2018 and 2021 for the same two teams.

in 0 instances did Brown rate better than the final year for DH. significantly less in fact.

Guess you lack basic comprehension.

You have two sets of ratings.

One from the final year of the previous coach

2nd from the last full year of the current coach.

Looking at the data we see that in 2018 playing the same opponents, or the same level of game— out of conference or bowl, WVU had far higher ratings than for the same games in 2021. This is further evidence of the decline of the WVU football brand under Neal Browns watch.

You can see for example that the OU game in 2018, had many more viewers than did the 2021 version of the game, even though 2018 was on cable and 2021 ABC broadcast ( which typically delivers more viewers than the cable channel ESPN with its more limited audience). Or you can see games on the same network - I.e. FS1 with Baylor—. The viewership declined significantly between 2018 and 2021 for the same two teams.

in 0 instances did Brown rate better than the final year for DH. significantly less in fact.
Uh, it is you who lacks basic comprehension. I was responding to a different poster's post (not yours at all). Go back and read my post. I accept your apology. Have a nice weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: WVUALLEN
Tulane says hold our beer Dana.
Same old Dana...his team had multiple penalties on their final drive...he became completely unhinged...pissed at the crowd for booing him taking a knee on the final play....just a total cluster****...Neal may not win enough but I am beyond happy we don't have to deal with that perpetual baby anymore...glad he is Houston's problem.

Who elects to receive the ball first in OT? Dana does.

You have a lot of time to invest in finding useless information to support an argument that I still can't figure out why either side is wasting time on.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT