ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU vs. Utah: Heart of Dallas Bowl

They're playing man off the ball. Bubbles and slants aren't going to be open much. The problem is they're stuffing our run game with one fewer men than we have in the box.

Just like every other team, you trust your skill players can defeat the DB's off the line of scrimmage and get them the ball on the slants and crossing routes. We just chuck it deep....and hope and prey.

Just like every other team, you trust your skill players can defeat the DB's off the line of scrimmage and get them the ball on the slants and crossing routes. We just chuck it deep....and hope and prey.

Our LG is doing much better this drive. Someone lit a fire under him.

What's up with a Mountaineer letting a punt hit him on the shoulder? Has he never played the game previously? Does he not know the rules? That's the way games are won............and lost! Warez

Man a Rich Rod offense would look good right now.

Our offensive genius and his protege OC look like beginners out there..

Reactions: RAK
If your the punt returner and your receiving a punt that is punted directly at you, why do you try to get out of the way instead of try to catch it?

58-yard TD run right up the gut, punt returner doesn't try to catch a punt that hits him on the shoulder, CB gets spun around on 3rd-and-6 and gets beats for 39 yards, offense linemen getting manhandled by Utah's DL, QB can't throw the ball within 5 yards of a WR ... adds up to a long embarassing day.

58-yard TD run right up the gut, punt returner doesn't try to catch a punt that hits him on the shoulder, CB gets spun around on 3rd-and-6 and gets beats for 39 yards, offense linemen getting manhandled by Utah's DL, QB can't throw the ball within 5 yards of a WR ... adds up to a long embarassing day.

The Big 12 is just a joke of a football conference. Sad reality of things.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Truthfully, I am beginning to feel sorry for the Mountaineers today. The Utes are so much better and the Mountaineers have been unable to execute even the simpliest of plays. Warez

WIDE OPEN Simms.........cannot complete it. ALL this falls on one person.....and his complete lack of recruiting a solid QB.

Utah should have called the time out....no doubt they would have at least scored a fg prior to the half.

If we continue with Holgorsen, his bowl record may end up worse than Nehlen.

Here's a big difference......these Dana nut-huggers won't see that as anything other than "bad players not executing". Just look at the facts......what is Holgerson's record after losing Stewart's players? What is Holgerson's records against top 25 teams?

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
WV Paper gave me the greatest advice. Just accept the fact that Dana has transformed us into a basketball school. Lower your expectations of our program and if we find a way to win a game against a 6-6 team, enjoy the upset.

I am a die hard fan but why did WVU accept a Bowl Bid with as many injuries and op outs as we have. This game is embarrassing. Tony Gibson and his bend and break defense needs to go. I am glad that I didn’t waste any money going to this bowl. We need a football coach like Huggs, someone who can make changes when things are going bad. The QB for Utah has all night while our poor QB is getting hammered. Are the Offensive Linemen for WVU really that weak. They got punched in the face by Texas and Oklahoma and now Utah.

Rumor from the sidelines at the Cotton Bowl is that we're going to attempt to make a block on a Utah DL in the second half.

The most positive result from today may be that the team got an extra month of practice.

Defense wins championships and playing this 3-3-5 gimmick defense will never win us a championship. I thought when Holgorson was appointed HC things would get better especially after we crushed Clemson. Clemson went out and recruited athletes and won a National Championship while we play in bowls against 6-6 teams and get our asses handed to us. This kind of football reminds me of the Cignetti days in the late 70’s.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Only at WVU can we not have a third-string qb without burning a red-shirt. Talk about no depth.

Should have never hired Wickline and let Crook leave due to having to share duties.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT