ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU vs. Utah: Heart of Dallas Bowl

See we're playing two-hand touch defense again.

Bet we've set a some kind of record for missed tackles in a season.

Guess we didn't practice against the zone-read play much the past 4 weeks.........oh well, bring on 2018 season.........

Utes scored.......on their longest run of the season. Against the Mountaineers! These WVU boys need a defense coach. Santa Claus didn't bring them one. And these three and outs won't cut it. How did you like that 1st quarter? Warez

Last edited:
Utes scored.......on their longest run of the season. Against the Mountaineers! These WVU boys need a defense coach. Santa Claus didn't bring them one. And these three and outs won't cut it. Warez

Two three-and-outs......let's blame defense. Got it.

I don't get why our offense is centered around deep routes and out routes.....yet you see every other team run underneath routes and get first downs. I guess our "offensive geniuses" know more.....

I don't blame Dana as much as I simply don't think Chuggy is a college QB.
Who recruited Chuigunov? Who recruited all of the guys on this team? Who has the job of developing these talents?

Chuggs is an equal to his coach and neither are skilled enough to play at this level.

Reactions: RAK
Looks like it's time for the wildcat. Difficult to understand how the offense could be this bad.

I know what you mean, but it's really not. We are predictable on every play we run. We challenge the middle of the field very little. We throw deep sideline routes or quick outs. We run zone reads with a QB that cannot outrun me. We have skilled players........we have great recruits coming in.......don't matter though unless we do some philosophical changes on offense and defense.

Reactions: RAK
In addition to Grier, we're missing Bosch. LG is getting blowed up almost every play. They're playing cover 2 with some blitzes, runs should be open but are not. If we can't get a few balls downfield, we're done. Chugs hobbling around isn't a good sign for long balls.

Does our playbook consist of only 5 plays? Serious question. Our WR route tree must have only 2 branches on it.

Ok, understand. Then why are we using the more DIFFICULT pass routes than the easier ones?

They're playing man off the ball. Bubbles and slants aren't going to be open much. The problem is they're stuffing our run game with one fewer men than we have in the box.

I know what you mean, but it's really not. We are predictable on every play we run. We challenge the middle of the field very little. We throw deep sideline routes or quick outs. We run zone reads with a QB that cannot outrun me. We have skilled players........we have great recruits coming in.......don't matter though unless we do some philosophical changes on offense and defense.
Yea, but what do we do about our whiny fans, crying like somebody took their lunch money?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT