ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU vs. Texas Tech

Theme of this game: TT can play defense without getting foul calls. WVU? Not so much.

I don't mind the way TT plays defense...it's just a weak sauce version of ours.

But damn...call the fouls both ways

I can't wait get these guys at home. Their fans should just stay on the range there in Lubbock.

If I were Huggs I would go grade school and box and 1 on Evans. They can't shoot worth a damn. Wait to draw charges. Man to man defense is leading to a parade to the foul line with these a-hole refs

Huggs needs to just start calling this shit out at his press conferences. By name.

We lost this when we switched (although briefly) to the 1-3-1......felt they handled it very well, and it took us out of it a bit.

Reactions: JWG66
Wow, how far will we fall in the ratings next week? It seems like every time TT drives to the basket there is a foul called. We get hammered and play on. Unbelievable!

9th or 10th. I'd be surprised to leave KU with a win and with a possible 2 game slide of loses probably totaling approx five points to two top ten teams....my guess is the pollsters will bust us down to 16th by next week.

Just peeked at their message board elsewhere. They actually had fans complaining about the refs. Wow.

An evenly called game and we win by 12. The ref bullshit practically forced us into a zone.

Reactions: Charleston Mountie
Wait.........I think I heard another whistle......yep, another foul on WVU (games been over with for 10 minutes)

9th or 10th. I'd be surprised to leave KU with a win and with a possible 2 game slide of loses probably totaling approx five points to two top ten teams....my guess is the pollsters will bust us down to 16th by next week.

Nope......bet we stay in top 5.....we just lost to the #8 team on the road.......how far did Nova drop after blowout to Butler? Duke after their loss to BC?

KU game is at home.......

We lost this when we switched (although briefly) to the 1-3-1......felt they handled it very well, and it took us out of it a bit.
The 2 - 3 zone was no better.... Who ever scouted TT did not get this right. Vs or zones, their shooting improved, their confidence improved, the crowd got even more fired up and momentum shifted big time. We would have been much better off staying in the man to man for sure.

The 2 - 3 zone was no better.... Who ever scouted TT did not get this right. Vs or zones, their shooting improved, their confidence improved, the crowd got even more fired up and momentum shifted big time. We would have been much better off staying in the man to man for sure.

I think the feeling was to perhaps save some fouls by going zone more than their shooting abilities. Regardless, if we get just a normal offensive game from Bolden, or Dax, or Allen.......we win by 10-12 points or more.

ADVERTISEMENT