ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU vs. Penn State - Opening Game 2024

Yes. But that is mostly used when games are blowouts (ex. 45-3) and there's not any hope for the other team to come back and win. With it being a 2 TD game, I'd say that calling the game with a determined final score would be an option that would be difficult to make.
This game is on the verge of a blow out and I suspect HCNB would like to avoid that. And remember, PSU gets the ball to start the 2nd half......

This game is on the verge of a blow out and I suspect HCNB would like to avoid that. And remember, PSU gets the ball to start the 2nd half......
If Brown "gives up" without any argument, then he can pack his bags and get out of town. No player/fan would respect him for that.

Reactions: xWVU2010x
That start for PSU in 2nd half will determine blowout or not. We went into this game needing to play mistake free on both sides and we have not.

Today? No. But this team was clearly playing better late in the season last year than they were early in the season. I think we will be lucky to get 6 wins but for those who are more optimistic, I think a team can get better each week and we do not have another Penn State on our schedule.
Idk we got drilled last year and they surprised after that. We had every chance to make this game competitive, we just went like 0/4 with those chances.

If Brown "gives up" without any argument, then he can pack his bags and get out of town. No player/fan would respect him for that.
Well, we wanted to play the game, but the weather just wasn't cooperating....and we're just thankful to get out of the game without major injuries and looking forward to next week

You cannot give up down 2 TDs and survive. Idc if PSU rolls us, make them go out and execute, let our guys size themselves up at bare minimum. Next week is a scrimmage, they won’t play a serious game for another 14 days.

Well, we wanted to play the game, but the weather just wasn't cooperating....and we're just thankful to get out of the game without major injuries and looking forward to next week
White possibly seriously injured.

If you look (and trust) the radar/future radar, once this storm rolls through (around 3:15 pm), another is set to arrive around 5:00 PM and it looks to be much stronger. Very small window to play, unless they resume at 7:30 PM, which is not likely.
I was hoping it all would stay away until about 4:00. Doesn’t look good but neither does or football team. We had some good chances though.

I was hoping it all would stay away until about 4:00. Doesn’t look good but neither does or football team. We had some good chances though.
Yeah, until our coaches decided to run motion WR behind the center, in front of the QB, right at the snap THREE times.......and not take points on 4th down.......and play cover 0 with 32 seconds remaining in the half..........but yeah, we had our chances. :joy: :joy: :joy:

Yeah, until our coaches decided to run motion WR behind the center, in front of the QB, right at the snap THREE times.......and not take points on 4th down.......and play cover 0 with 32 seconds remaining in the half..........but yeah, we had our chances. :joy: :joy: :joy:

I think their point is same as yours, which is WVU is behind 2 TD's more so due to poor play on WVU's part than PSU dominating the game. Sometimes the other team is just stacked and too good to overcome. Think Miami in 2002 where they won that game with superior athletes rather than WVU giving away the game on that last drive. Here, PSU is playing just so-so and taking advantage of our screw ups.

Reactions: locustwv
I mean we had the chances and what you are saying blew them. But that doesn’t deny the fact that the chances were there. A 1 yard conversion and minus even just the 1 fumbled snap right after initial PSU turnover and this game is probably tied.

Reactions: locustwv
That would be a great season with this staff. I hope White is ok.

I think it matters how it shakes out. If WVU wins 9 even, but those wins are mostly .500 and under teams while getting dominated by the 9+ win teams on the schedule, then I don't think that is good enough. WVU won 8 regular season games last year because the best of those teams we beat was a 6-6 TTU team. So unless we at least start competing with at least some of the good teams on the schedule, I don't care how many average teams we edge out for the win.

tumblr_lssstbW5Sd1qe6mn3o1_500.gif

First conversion we rushed 4 and dropped 7. QB scrambles for easy first down. Second time we rushed 5 and dropped 6. QB scrambled for easy first down. At this point why not bring the house on every third down?
He is not nearly as dangerous feeling pressure. And if he can make a play with heat on him, then good for him. I don’t think he can.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT