ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU vs. Oklahoma State

Yes. The reason why JC was given a scholarship was because he was spotted alone in the gym busting his ass when blue-chippers were still in bed. I take that as a testament to his work ethnic that would have resulted in success wherever he went. Credit to Huggins for giving him a shot, but that was five years ago and nothing since as shown me that Huggins is same coach that he once was.

Wow. Team wins = players did it. Team loses = coach sucks.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
So, Harris and Ahmad don't play at all. Doomes and Mathews, did they get five minutes PT or was it less? I liked the little bit I saw of them. At least their minutes weren't spent jacking up missed threes.

Wow. Team wins = players did it. Team loses = coach sucks.
I never blamed Huggins for losses to good teams that were simply better. I do blame him for fielding a team that is not likely to win a B12 game.

The writing was on the wall years ago. You cannot objectively say that the recruiting classes after Carter and Miles gave you any reason to be hopeful. That's on him.

I never blamed Huggins for losses to good teams that were simply better. I do blame him for fielding a team that is not likely to win a B12 game.

The writing was on the wall years ago. You cannot objectively say that the recruiting classes after Carter and Miles gave you any reason to be hopeful. That's on him.

Esa was a 4-star recruit
Konate is a lot like JC...unknown and diamond in the rough
McCabe was a 4-star recruit
Bolden has proven to be a very adequate scorer

Hard to recruit a future PG when you have JC for 3 years as the starter. No top high school recruit is going to come and ride the bench for a year when they can go somewhere else.

Now, Huggs substitution and starting lineups......I'll agree with anyone who criticizes those this year. Been head scratching.

I agree that recruiting can be a crapshoot, but what standard are we supposed this hold apparent HOF coach? Is WVU a top 15 program with a HOF coach? If it is, these recruiting classes are simply unacceptable and the performance of this team should bring a lot of heat down on his decision-making.

If what is occurring now should be expected, then those who are saying "we're young," "it'll be fixed," "it happens," etc etc, should acknowledge that Huggins is just an average coach at a middle of the road program. Why else be so accepting of truly terrible output every 4 to 5 years?

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
I agree that recruiting can be a crapshoot, but what standard are we supposed this hold apparent HOF coach? Is WVU a top 15 program with a HOF coach? If it is, these recruiting classes are simply unacceptable and the performance of this team should bring a lot of heat down on his decision-making.

If what is occurring now should be expected, then those who are saying "we're young," "it'll be fixed," "it happens," etc etc, should acknowledge that Huggins is just an average coach at a middle of the road program. Why else be so accepting of truly terrible output every 4 to 5 years?

I just posted some of his 4-star recruits. Esa hasn't panned out. Jordan hasn't had the impact everyone anticipated either. You criticized Huggs for not recruiting a PG. He got McCabe. A 4-star recruit. He's just not been the impact everyone was hoping for.

And I'm saying that getting one 4* recruit every two years is not acceptable if Huggins is held up to the lofty standards that a HOF coach.

Simply put, if Huggins was viewed as a run of the mill coach at a school happy to make a Sweet 16 every five years, all this would be OK and the last few years would be an aberration and a glory run.

But he's not. The WVU community and WV in general worship him. His words are gospel and he treated in a way that we are flatly in awe that he chooses to grace with school with his presence. If he is a great as so many says he is, his "down" years should not be embarrassing.

And I'm saying that getting one 4* recruit every two years is not acceptable if Huggins is held up to the lofty standards that a HOF coach.

Simply put, if Huggins was viewed as a run of the mill coach at a school happy to make a Sweet 16 every five years, all this would be OK and the last few years would be an aberration and a glory run.

But he's not. The WVU community and WV in general worship him. His words are gospel and he treated in a way that we are flatly in awe that he chooses to grace with school with his presence. If he is a great as so many says he is, his "down" years should not be embarrassing.

How many 4-star recruits did Beilein have while at WVU? How many has he had since going to Michigan? Sometimes the name of the team is the biggest recruiting method for coaches.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Yes, I agree. But if you say it's hard to get top players at WVU then you have to admit that WVU is not a big draw school and Huggins doesn't have the clout to pull them in, which is fine.

It's those who claim Huggins is a HOF coach at a premier school who then say years like this should be expected that are the issue/annoyance.

Essentially, if Huggins is awesome, then he's awesome, and a team like this should not be acceptable.

Or...Huggins is pretty OK, WVU's program is pretty OK, therefore, a terrible team every four years should be expected.

You can't have it both ways.

Worst coach in Big 12 this year is over the hill Huggs. Time to retire. Get a younger coach that can recruit better, smarter and work harder. He gets people to pay for practice facility and still can’t recruit guards. Belien is way better coach period. We pay Huggs $4 million a year for this crap.

Michigan is looking for new fans. You can go there and post your support for them and leave here forever.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
I don't like Huggins? Freaking retard.......Look at my posts. I've defended Huggins 100% prior to this year.

Frustration can be considered a problem–response behavior and can have a number of effects, depending on the mental health of the individual. In positive cases, this frustration will build until a level that is too great for the individual to contain or allow to continue, and thus produce action directed at solving the inherent problem in a disposition that does not cause social or physical harm. In negative cases, however, the individual may perceive the source of frustration to be outside their control, and thus the frustration will continue to build, leading eventually to further problematic behavior, violent reaction against perceived oppressors or enemies.

Stubborn refusal to respond to new conditions affecting the goal, such as removal or modification of the barrier, sometimes occurs.

Time to retire Huggs. He can’t recruit and his coaching is worst in D1 this year. Don’t argue cause it’s true. He never capitalized off Belien handing him excellent program and Final 4, practice facility. How does Huggins struggle so bad recruiting the last 7-8 years. This is bad. Time to retire. We’re right back to Huggs fix it years. We have top practice facility in America and a Huggs can’t capitalize. His staff is terrible. Fire Harrison and Martin dumb and dumber. If not retire.

Also McCabe is overatted unfortunatly. He isn’t the answer and won’t be next year either. He needs to transfer to low D1. He peaked in high school being older than everyone after his dad held him back in 8th grade which made him 18 as a high school junior and 19 as a high school senior. He’s too small and slow.

Also McCabe is overatted unfortunatly. He isn’t the answer and won’t be next year either. He needs to transfer to low D1. He peaked in high school being older than everyone after his dad held him back in 8th grade which made him 18 as a high school junior and 19 as a high school senior. He’s too small and slow.

Just 2 weeks ago you said that Knapper was the next coming........and he's a turnover machine. You raved about McCabe back in November......now you changed your mind........

Final Four team.

Time to retire Huggs. He can’t recruit and his coaching is worst in D1 this year. Don’t argue cause it’s true. He never capitalized off Belien handing him excellent program and Final 4, practice facility. How does Huggins struggle so bad recruiting the last 7-8 years. This is bad. Time to retire. We’re right back to Huggs fix it years. We have top practice facility in America and a Huggs can’t capitalize. His staff is terrible. Fire Harrison and Martin dumb and dumber. If not retire.

Beilein handed him a team that had just went to the NIT.....stupid.

Michigan is looking for new fans. You can go there and post your support for them and leave here forever.

It's hard to deny that Beilein is looking pretty good and may end up with a better overall resume than Huggins. He did take his team to a National Title game and turned around WVU basketball and Michigan basketball.

Beilein handed him a team that had just went to the NIT.....stupid.

Ehhh. They won the NIT and had nice players. Huggins inherited a nice squad, and then did a fine job adding to the roster and developing it....but that was a good unit when he arrived.

Belien fixed Catlett mess and made WVU consistently good. Belien then handed Huggins a fixed, excellent winning program. Huggs has been too inconsistent and is not a better coach than Belien. Period.

I could do a better job at coaching than Huggs. I coached a team on my XBox that won the championship.

Belien fixed Catlett mess and made WVU consistently good. Belien then handed Huggins a fixed, excellent winning program. Huggs has been too inconsistent and is not a better coach than Belien. Period.

JB 40-40 in Big East. / 104-60
Huggins 54-36 in Big East / 120-56

Huggins Better than Beilien in BIG EAST.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
I could do a better job at coaching than Huggs. I coached a team on my XBox that won the championship.
Worst coach in Big 12 this year is over the hill Huggs. Time to retire. Get a younger coach that can recruit better, smarter and work harder. He gets people to pay for practice facility and still can’t recruit guards. Belien is way better coach period. We pay Huggs $4 million a year for this crap.

Will dominate Big 12. Horton will prove he's a super star and dominate.

It's hard to deny that Beilein is looking pretty good and may end up with a better overall resume than Huggins. He did take his team to a National Title game and turned around WVU basketball and Michigan basketball.

Huggins had a better conference record and overall record than JB had while at WVU.

Put Huggins at Michigan. What would Happen?

Huggins had a better conference record and overall record than JB had while at WVU.

Put Huggins at Michigan. What would Happen?

Beilein has overachieved at Michigan and WVU while Huggins seemed to underachieve at Cincinnati based on his team talent. Then again, he hardly played anyone in that conference. Huggins has a lot of his early success at WVU in part thanks to the foundation that Beilein left behind when the basketball program was in shambles.

Is Huggins a good coach, yes... But Beilein deserves a lot more praise for helping our program out.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
Beilein has overachieved at Michigan and WVU while Huggins seemed to underachieve at Cincinnati based on his team talent. Then again, he hardly played anyone in that conference. Huggins has a lot of his early success at WVU in part thanks to the foundation that Beilein left behind when the basketball program was in shambles.

Is Huggins a good coach, yes... But Beilein deserves a lot more praise for helping our program out.

Seriously? Huggins Final Four team was primarily his players.......and ask Desean who made him the player he became......(*hint: it's not Beilein)

Actually 2 National title games. He's a great coach.

Frustration can be considered a problem–response behavior and can have a number of effects, depending on the mental health of the individual. In positive cases, this frustration will build until a level that is too great for the individual to contain or allow to continue, and thus produce action directed at solving the inherent problem in a disposition that does not cause social or physical harm. In negative cases, however, the individual may perceive the source of frustration to be outside their control, and thus the frustration will continue to build, leading eventually to further problematic behavior, violent reaction against perceived oppressors or enemies.

Stubborn refusal to respond to new conditions affecting the goal, such as removal or modification of the barrier, sometimes occurs.

His brain popped.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT