ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU vs. Iowa State

flag football versus the real thing. maybe the november collapse is coming a little early. way to prepare the team DH....again.

Hope you guys pull it out, a lot of teams had closer than expected results today, you all should be in good shape if you can pull the W off here.

It was only a matter of time before this team was exposed with this clown coaching staff

Purdy is the better QB tonight. Typical WVU team under Holgorsen. Look good at times and then start playing undisciplined ball, but still win against chumps. Ultimately get beat by a disciplined team that shouldn't win.

I hate to say it, but unless this team regroups, there are no guarantees this team becomes bowl eligible. OSU appears in a spiral but no gimees.

my soul cries for this team...texas is going to lay a major league ass whuppin on us and these gutless wonders won't fight back. they aren't fighting back against isu. first sign of adversity and we crumble. this has an all-to-familiar ring to it...like i've seen it before.

Reactions: Rootmaster
I guess spatival doesnt know what work mean. Why didn’t he go to short working gains? Spat is a div iii wantabee.

Did we practice at all this week? Did we watch film at all this week? Iowa State used the same defensive and offensive scheme they have used all year.

I hate to say it, but unless this team regroups, there are no guarantees this team becomes bowl eligible. OSU appears in a spiral but no gimees.
It depends who spirals down the quickest. we have been under performing, but tonight we just crashed and burned. as someone else pointed out, our offensive line has big problems, our LB corps is thin, and the secondary just looks like they don't know where the ball is half the time. It will be interesting to see how we come out of the bye week. If we end up with one or maybe two more wins, I think it's time to look at some staff changes. Also don't forget that this is Grier's last year...the future may not be so bright.

Our offensive line couldn't block Clay-Battelle's defense.

Folks, this isn't on the offensive line. When ISU literally did the same thing all night long and we don't adjust accordingly, that's on the coordinator or the QB. Why no throw to the flat? No throws to the tight end? No underneath crossing routes? No wide receiver screens?

All these can get you chunks of yardage which keeps drives alive. You can't just run 15 yard dig routes and posts with safety help over the top all night long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT