ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM WVU stays undefeated at home, beat UAB 81-70

81-70 against UAB is an outstanding job.

Walker held to 19, mainly by Johnson, who had 17, high scorer for WVU. Matthews, Toussaint and Mitchell also were in double digits, 16, 14 and 13.

44 personal fouls called in physical game. Bell and Stevenson had 4, Wague fouled out.
For UAB, Gaines fouled out, starters Buffen and Jemison each had 4.

WVU shot 88% at free throw line, 22-25. 1 miss (of 7) by Stevenson and 2 misses (of 3) by Okonkwo.

Rebounding close, 32 UAB, 30 WVU.

UAB had 19 turnovers to 12 for WVU. Major factor for WVU.

Mountaineers are 8-2, perhaps toughest opponent they have beaten so far, with Buffalo (Sunday) and Stony Brook (next Thursday) left before the Big 12 slaughterhouse begins.

Held to 19? He was 2-8 in first half with 6 points. He pulled UAB into lead after being down by 11. Then they finally remembered they had to guard him.

These 7 strangers via the transfer portal are still feeling each other out but there's plenty of talent here for a 20 wins or better season and a run in March Madness. We'll know more after Big 12 games begin. I'm hopeful. And there's Huggins, another bonus.

81-70 against UAB is an outstanding job.

Walker held to 19, mainly by Johnson, who had 17, high scorer for WVU. Matthews, Toussaint and Mitchell also were in double digits, 16, 14 and 13.

44 personal fouls called in physical game. Bell and Stevenson had 4, Wague fouled out.
For UAB, Gaines fouled out, starters Buffen and Jemison each had 4.

WVU shot 88% at free throw line, 22-25. 1 miss (of 7) by Stevenson and 2 misses (of 3) by Okonkwo.

Rebounding close, 32 UAB, 30 WVU.

UAB had 19 turnovers to 12 for WVU. Major factor for WVU.

Mountaineers are 8-2, perhaps toughest opponent they have beaten so far, with Buffalo (Sunday) and Stony Brook (next Thursday) left before the Big 12 slaughterhouse begins.

These 7 strangers via the transfer portal are still feeling each other out but there's plenty of talent here for a 20 wins or better season and a run in March Madness. We'll know more after Big 12 games begin. I'm hopeful. And there's Huggins, another bonus.
Please stop the fake sportswriter reporting in what we watched... and/or has already been reported. You are not posting to a news site...you are posting to a forum. Insufferable . Really Tallmadgeer.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
It's basketball not a church function.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Well not only did we not win by such a margin that it wiped the UAB program from history, but the program didn't at least shut down in embarrassment after the game. WVU has got to do better.
We were only favored by 6. UAB is really good team and the leading scorer in college basketball plays for them.

Well not only did we not win by such a margin that it wiped the UAB program from history, but the program didn't at least shut down in embarrassment after the game. WVU has got to do better.

WVU IS RANKED IN TOP 25 BY CBS THIS WEEK AND YOU ACT LIKE THEY ARE A STAGGERING TEAM.

Latest CBS rankings:
1. Purdue
6. Texas
11. Baylor
16. Kansas
22. Texas Tech
24. Xavier
25. West Virginia

Only Mountaineers losses are to top 25 teams. Something to praise, not to piss on!

WVU IS RANKED IN TOP 25 BY CBS THIS WEEK AND YOU ACT LIKE THEY ARE A STAGGERING TEAM.

Latest CBS rankings:
1. Purdue
6. Texas
11. Baylor
16. Kansas
22. Texas Tech
24. Xavier
25. West Virginia

Only Mountaineers losses are to top 25 teams. Something to praise, not to piss on!

Go to bed old man. The entire point is lost on you. Must be that 6 figure portfolio and local newspaper sports writing acumen.

Please tell me you will not be driving yourself to the bank. That would just be reckless.

AH, AGEISM REARS ITS UGLY HEAD! YOU ASSUME THAT, AT 90, I (AND EVERY 90-YEAR-OLD) SHOULD CRAWL IN A HOLE AND WAIT TO DIE. TELL THAT TO THE GUYS IN THEIR 70s THAT I BEAT REGULARLY IN GOLF THAT I PLAYED FOR 55 ROUNDS THIS YEAR. EVEN MY DOCTORS ARE AMAZED AT MY PHYSICAL CONDITION AT THE AGE OF 90. DON'T ASSUME THAT EVERYONE IS THE SAME AT THE SAME AGE. DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. SOME IN WHEELCHAIRS. SOME DRIVE WITHOUT INCIDENT AND DON'T NEED A CANE, A WALKER OR A WHEELCHAIR. SUCH AGEISM IS A POOR REFLECTION ON YOU, AND OTHERS WHO THINK THAT WAY. YOU DO SENIOR CITIZENS A DISSERVICE WITH THAT. WE ALL FALL APART PHYSICALLY AND/OR MENTALLY AT DIFFERENT AGES. SOME AT YOUR AGE.

AH, AGEISM REARS ITS UGLY HEAD! YOU ASSUME THAT, AT 90, I (AND EVERY 90-YEAR-OLD) SHOULD CRAWL IN A HOLE AND WAIT TO DIE. TELL THAT TO THE GUYS IN THEIR 70s THAT I BEAT REGULARLY IN GOLF THAT I PLAYED FOR 55 ROUNDS THIS YEAR. EVEN MY DOCTORS ARE AMAZED AT MY PHYSICAL CONDITION AT THE AGE OF 90. DON'T ASSUME THAT EVERYONE IS THE SAME AT THE SAME AGE. DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. SOME IN WHEELCHAIRS. SOME DRIVE WITHOUT INCIDENT AND DON'T NEED A CANE, A WALKER OR A WHEELCHAIR. SUCH AGEISM IS A POOR REFLECTION ON YOU, AND OTHERS WHO THINK THAT WAY. YOU DO SENIOR CITIZENS A DISSERVICE WITH THAT. WE ALL FALL APART PHYSICALLY AND/OR MENTALLY AT DIFFERENT AGES. SOME AT YOUR AGE.

It is not ageism. If a 20 year old made the inane, nonsensical ramblings you do on this site I would say they lack the intelligence to navigate driving in traffic safely. And whenever you lack the intellectual ability to defend any rebuttals to a statement you have made, you fall back on credentialism and irrelevant boasting about your "6 figure portfolio." All that tells me is that people pay far more for my professional opinion than anyone ever did for yours, but that too is irrelevant as articulating facts and deductions plainly is what matters.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT