ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE WVU signee Trey Doomes with another big game

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
Doomes' University School team beat Booker T. Washington last night in the Florida 5-A regional final. University is now 29-1 and ranked at the nation's No. 3 team. They move on to the state's final four tournament, games start Monday and run through next Saturday.

The top WV high school teams, players look more skilled than Doomes teammates down in big school Florida level. McCabe is day 1 impact. I see Doomes needing a prep year but I don’t think we have enough bodies to take that chance unless Huggs can recruit a good JUCO guard still. Doomes doesn’t shoot well and needs work. I think Huggs thinks he can defend and will hustle. He may end up being a scrappy Press Virginia guy. He may surprise you just never can tell. Hell he may turn out to be great. I don’t see it yet but he may be a steal.

Last edited:
The top WV high school teams, players look more skilled than Doomes teammates down in big school Florida level. McCabe is day 1 impact. I see Doomes needing a prep year but I don’t think we have enough bodies to take that chance unless Huggs can recruit a good JUCO guard still. Doomes doesn’t shoot well and needs work. I think Huggs thinks he can defend and will hustle. He may end up being a scrappy Press Virginia guy. He may surprise you just never can tell. Hell he may turn out to be great. I don’t see it yet but he may be a steal.

Quit drinking.

It's obvious you can't see.

Reactions: wvweatherman
WVUallen you obviously don’t get out to watch high school ball in America. Get a clue.

If you matched up Fairmont Senior vs Chapmanville here this late in year the gym would be packed, loud and the players would be impressive on video and in person. Same thing if you matched University vs Fairmont Senior or University vs Chapmanville or Martinsburg at University or Fairmont Senior vs Huntington....the best teams in WV, the very best in AA and AAA would play in front of packed gyms that are loud and intense. You have no idea. Could you imagine the build up if Chapmanville Regional came up to play Fairmont Senior or University or vice versa? It would be the talk of the state or town. I guess they have other things to do in south Florida. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT