ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Recruiting 2017

Pitt4Life34

All-American
Nov 5, 2002
What on earth is going on? Team recruiting ranking is horrible right now. Ranked in the mid 50s. That's bad but what's worse is WVU is currently like 8th or 9th in Big12. Anyone concerned about the class right now or is it still to early to worry about it?

Thoughts.......

What on earth is going on? Team recruiting ranking is horrible right now. Ranked in the mid 50s. That's bad but what's worse is WVU is currently like 8th or 9th in Big12. Anyone concerned about the class right now or is it still to early to worry about it?

Thoughts.......
Overall I am very optimistic about our recruiting now and in the future. We typically end up in the 30s overall for recruiting and I believe that our coaching staff typically out-performs the ranking by coaching up the recruits or finding diamonds in the rough. I don't know how JUCO or transfers play into the ranking system but I like our potential offense a lot and our defense should surprise people.

Right now we have:
-two former 4* QBs (Grier and Allison)
-4* RB (Leddie Brown)
-3* O'Laughlin, Gmitner, Allen, and Williams

Our future looks bright for recruiting this year and beyond. The guys listed below have not yet committed, but we are in their final cuts or are considered by many recruiting sites as leaning towards WVU:

- 4* Stills, Raines
-3* Lowe, James, Ivy, Ezedzu, Porter, and (5) 3* corners

Doug Belk has been putting us into the Georgia hotbed of recruiting which we have never been into before. That area is loaded with talent. Although we lost some momentum in Florida when Seider left, we still have offers there. Holgs has the rest of the recruiters covering the major areas such as Western PA, Columbus, Florida, and the DMV.

Recruiting rankings are a nice start IMO to figure out trends but I prefer to look at wins and losses after the season. 10 was nothing to scoff at, let's make it 11+ this year. LGM

Thoughts.......
I think we will end up right about where we usually do, we are in the running for some big name kids, but we usually don't win those battles!!

Overall I am very optimistic about our recruiting now and in the future. We typically end up in the 30s overall for recruiting and I believe that our coaching staff typically out-performs the ranking by coaching up the recruits or finding diamonds in the rough. I don't know how JUCO or transfers play into the ranking system but I like our potential offense a lot and our defense should surprise people.

Right now we have:
-two former 4* QBs (Grier and Allison)
-4* RB (Leddie Brown)
-3* O'Laughlin, Gmitner, Allen, and Williams

Our future looks bright for recruiting this year and beyond. The guys listed below have not yet committed, but we are in their final cuts or are considered by many recruiting sites as leaning towards WVU:

- 4* Stills, Raines
-3* Lowe, James, Ivy, Ezedzu, Porter, and (5) 3* corners

Doug Belk has been putting us into the Georgia hotbed of recruiting which we have never been into before. That area is loaded with talent. Although we lost some momentum in Florida when Seider left, we still have offers there. Holgs has the rest of the recruiters covering the major areas such as Western PA, Columbus, Florida, and the DMV.

Recruiting rankings are a nice start IMO to figure out trends but I prefer to look at wins and losses after the season. 10 was nothing to scoff at, let's make it 11+ this year. LGM

Raines is going to Pitt or Penn State. Though Florida is a growing threat. WVU is not a factor. Just stroking the Henry's.

It's definitely really early. But we are in on some real gems. There are several guys rated three stars that we are after who could be rated way higher. Sam James and Tyrese Ross are two guys that should be four star guys IMO. Patrick Jolly is another diamond in the rough I think we have a good shot at. If any of those guys were in the state of West Virginia or the Midwest they would be four star easy.

Greggypoo gots some 'splainin to do

Well played...well played

Are you guys rookies? Recruiting can be tough to predict. Why aren't you guys happy you got a highly regarded S? Gibson did a great job getting the Henry’s involved. Like any recruiting class ya never know what you got until a kid proves he can play at the next level. Right now Holgy and staff have a very good class. Great news for WVU.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
🤡

Same 4 things everytime with Greggy

1) WVU cannot recruit
2) Big 12 sucks
3) I am a 1% wage earner
4) I am an expert on football

Get better, Greggy

🤡

Same 4 things everytime with Greggy

1) WVU cannot recruit
2) Big 12 sucks
3) I am a 1% wage earner
4) I am an expert on football

Get better, Greggy

Hmmmm. Provide the post for this handle when I said WVU cannot recruit ever in the last, say, 3 months, Show me the post that I said Big 12 (hoops) sucks in the several months. Of course Big 12 football sucks and underachieves Nationally. I Actually posted IMO Big Ten hoops and Big 12 hoops were two best conferences in my opinion. #3 and #4 are true so deal with it.

Hmmmm. Provide the post for this handle when I said WVU cannot recruit ever in the last, say, 3 months, Show me the post that I said Big 12 (hoops) sucks in the several months. Of course Big 12 football sucks and underachieves Nationally. I Actually posted IMO Big Ten hoops and Big 12 hoops were two best conferences in my opinion. #3 and #4 are true so deal with it.

You are a homer..
Funny that you think it is alright for you to be a homer on here but not anyone for WVU.

Big 12 went undefeated in the bowl season this year.
Big 12 and SEC have been the best conferences in major sports this year.
Football, Basketball and Baseball
F

You are a homer..
Funny that you think it is alright for you to be a homer on here but not anyone for WVU.

Big 12 went undefeated in the bowl season this year.
Big 12 and SEC have been the best conferences in major sports this year.
Football, Basketball and Baseball
F

Last year.........yeah first month of the season was hilarious 😂. Who was the Big 12 playoff rep last year again? Do you think this is the year Oklahoma gets the ever elusive first playoff win for the Big 12. Of course that’s the only program that can get into playoffs haha. Every year its one and done with Texas’ big brother Oklahoma being the only program with a chance. I mean the Big 12 is the only P5 Conference without a win. Kinda embarrassing to any non homer. Haha at having to bring baseball into discussion. What’s next? Riffle?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT