ADVERTISEMENT

WVU pitchers........just not very good

MountaineerWV

All-American
Sep 18, 2007
Walk in two runs in bottom of the 4th to give TCU a 2-1 lead........then reliever comes in and goes 3-0 and then gives up 2-run double for a 4-1 TCU lead........

What are your expectations for the baseball program? I ask because I'm not even sure what I think is realistic.

Hiring Mazey made my expectations go up a lot. He's a very well respected baseball man. I felt that this year's team should have achieved what last year's team did, at least get to a regional.

Hiring Mazey made my expectations go up a lot. He's a very well respected baseball man. I felt that this year's team should have achieved what last year's team did, at least get to a regional.
I worry his medical problems may be making the job more difficult on him. I would think Lyons will want to see improvement over the next two seasons.

I worry his medical problems may be making the job more difficult on him. I would think Lyons will want to see improvement over the next two seasons.

If Lyons gets rid of Mazey, then no coach on campus other than Huggins will ever be able to keep their job. Mazey made baseball relevant for the first time in a lifetime.

Reactions: bfeld35
Seems like college baseball and college softball are on the rise with interest growing. I’m enjoying all the women’s college softball. Some hot chicks playing. My TV stays on SEC Network and ESPN U so I don’t have to hear about all the pointless, small talk irrelevant pro sports crap.

WVU baseball is on the rise. The ball park is awesome and we compete very well.

We finished over 500. Last years freshmen ace pitcher from Wheeling missed entire season. He was blow to pitching staff. If he was 100% pitching this year we’re probably playing beyond Big 12 tourney.

Has anybody followed women’s college softball? It’s a shame WVU doesn’t have softball. It shouldn’t have come to that with all this arms race spending where sports are dropped. It hasn’t helped.

As far as women’s college softball, the best teams are from the milder climates of the SEC and PAC 12. Lots of attractive women with talent.

Wheeling pitcher would have made this team 7-10 games better easy. He was an ace before injury late last season.

Program has facilities and Big 12 baseball with another winning record to market and continue building. They will be fine.

WVU needs softball. It’s an entertaining, growing popularity sport at the college level. I think many would love to see the babes in gold and blue.

Mazey definitely has some serious back issues. It took him quite some time to get out to home plate to contest a call against Texas. Its a no-brainer to assume its affecting his coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT