ADVERTISEMENT

WVU LB core

I doubt he’s a Dorian Etheridge. Big choke not getting that WV star. Grantham from Martinsburg will be a stud at WVU. He gets after it.

LB is such a hard position to play now because you have to be very athletic with size now
Before you could get away with LBs that played with heart and size but not talent.

There is a PWO at Texas right now who is trying to play LB.
His daddy was a first rd pick in the 90's from UT but unless he moves to TE or H Back he will never see the field

It is nothing personal it is about winning football games.

Who from the south has really been great talent at WVU recently? There isn’t many. Florida has dried up. The GA thing hasn’t showed it yet. Hopefully in time it will. NC recruiting hasn’t delivered big yet. McCoy is only one helping big. I don’t consider VA real south. Gary Jennings is from northern VA which is basically WV-MD greater DC-Eastern Panhandle. Grier is a lucky transfer cause of a issue he had.

Sills is from MD, Sims from MD, Pettaway from Detroit, Kenny Robinson and Dravon Henry are from Pittsburgh area, David Long from OH, Tonkery, Pitts, Stills boys, Donahue, Wesco, the new kicker from WV. The border states and WV are the bread and butter for WVU.

Guys drafted are tough northern boys like Rasoul Douglas from NJ, Smallwood from Delaware, Shelton Gibson from OH, Worley from PA.

Florida has dried up badly for WVU. Sinkfield will be good but other than that it’s not helping WVU much nowadays.

Who from the south has really been great talent at WVU recently? There isn’t many. Florida has dried up. The GA thing hasn’t showed it yet. Hopefully in time it will. NC recruiting hasn’t delivered big yet. McCoy is only one helping big. I don’t consider VA real south. Gary Jennings is from northern VA which is basically WV-MD greater DC-Eastern Panhandle. Grier is a lucky transfer cause of a issue he had.

Sills is from MD, Sims from MD, Pettaway from Detroit, Kenny Robinson and Dravon Henry are from Pittsburgh area, David Long from OH, Tonkery, Pitts, Stills boys, Donahue, Wesco, the new kicker from WV. The border states and WV are the bread and butter for WVU.

Guys drafted are tough northern boys like Rasoul Douglas from NJ, Smallwood from Delaware, Shelton Gibson from OH, Worley from PA.

Florida has dried up badly for WVU. Sinkfield will be good but other than that it’s not helping WVU much nowadays.

Name them....

We get some low quality down south last couple years. Things have really dried up for WVU in the south. Outside of Sinkfield we have nothing from Florida worth a damn anymore.

WV, MD, OH, PA, VA is where the best WVU players mostly come from. Reality.

2 great out of state linebackers in the 2019 class who will likely show up and compete for starting positions........

add in the Alabama transfer is a future NFL player

great recruiting, coaches!

Reactions: Phil and WVUALLEN
WTF! Ever been close to the field junior?

You have certain players who at 6-3 220 can run a decent 40 time.
Doesn't have to be 4.6.
When these players add 20 pounds they lose speed.
Sometimes it is genetic other times it is the strength coach.

WVU wants athletes who can get bigger and actually more explosive.

Not being racist or anything but these are usually blacks.

But not all Blacks are created the same.
Certain areas of the country have better athletes because they purchased better property and bred them.

A lot of slavery was genetic engineering.

WVU wants athletes who can get bigger and actually more explosive.

Not being racist or anything but these are usually blacks.

But not all Blacks are created the same.
Certain areas of the country have better athletes because they purchased better property and bred them.

A lot of slavery was genetic engineering.

Dude...this whole train of logic should get you banned. Really. Would be no different than those idiots who say blacks aren't smart enough to be QB. If you really believe this racist crap I almost feel sorry for you. Besides that you never answered my question and are clueless about football.

Dude...this whole train of logic should get you banned. Really. Would be no different than those idiots who say blacks aren't smart enough to be QB. If you really believe this racist crap I almost feel sorry for you. Besides that you never answered my question and are clueless about football.

Totally false
Saying blacks have lower IQs would be racist.

You should conduct a little research.
There are groups of whites that are more athletically inclined because of years of forced labor.
Especially in Eastern Europe.

Of course it would...the same as what you said about whites and linebackers. You are a total moron. And, you are some tool that doesn't have a clue about anything he writes. Goodbye jackass.

You are taking offense to this.
It is the same thing about whites playing RB or CB.
Not saying no one can do it but genetically the majority of people who are white cannot become more explosive while adding size.

Brian Urlacher is one.
He was a S in college. Added size and remained quick.

For the most part Urlacher didn't become more explosive but he maintained his speed

We know Long is a star if healthy. We know home state Bridgeport star Tonkery is another starter and is older and more experienced now. Who will #3 and who are the top 3 backups? I’m a little concerned about the LB depth and finding a 3rd starter. Benton is a top candidate but who knows what he will do? We know Long and Tonkery but who else? Campbell, Hensley, Sandwich....????????

The rest of team is quite loaded. Cornerbacks I think is the other ?????? DL and safety spots in good shape surprisingly. LB core depth is concern.

Offense is loaded with talent and depth.
The DL will help the LB a lot this season. I think we will have a Nose that will give the LBs a chance. Depth might be the concern for me as well at LB .....makes you wonder if we do see a 4th DL in certain games. Gotta put the best 11 on the field. Also we have some safeties that will help the LB’s.

Your talking about unproven recruits for 2019 class that are 3 star or less. What good recruits from the south has WVU landed last 6 years. It’s terrible. Hardly any in 6 years. Karl Joseph was class of 2012. Been a while. Who has done anything? Lol....the south has been dry for WVU.

WV, PA, VA, MD, OH is WVU bread and butter. Reality.

Can’t answer that huh??? Last 6 years the south went dry since Florida went dry for WVU. We are trying to establish GA now and NC but outside of Kennedy McCoy it’s been low quality mostly. Hopefully it gets better. Most of our good player are from WV, PA, OH, MD, VA.

Lee Kpogba Parkland (Winston Salem, NC)
Winston Wright Memorial Day School (Savannah, GA)
La'Darius Henry Gibbs (Saint Petersburg, FL)
Nicktroy Fortune Central Gwinnett (Lawrenceville, GA)
Deshon Stoudemire Stephenson (Stone Mountain, GA)
Jared Bartlett Collins Hill (Suwanee, GA)

Oyenmwen Uzebu Alpharetta (Alpharetta, GA)
Woodrow Lowe III Central (Bolivar, TN)
Bryce Wheaton Holly Springs (Holly Springs, NC)
Sam James Richmond Hill (Richmond Hill, GA)
Briason Mays Central (Bolivar, TN)
Jayce Rogers Valdosta (Valdosta, GA)

Lamonte McDougle Deerfield Beach (Deerfield Beach, FL) - has left
Eugene Brown Stephenson (Stone Mountain, GA)
Alec Sinkfield American Heritage B/D (Delray Beach, FL)
Tyler Thurmond Buford (Buford, GA)

Cody Saunders Arnold (Panama City Beach, FL) - retired from football
Jonn Young Davie County (Mocksville, NC)

2015..5 from Florida
2014..5 from Florida and 1 NC
2013..4 from Florida
2012..10 from Florida
2011..6 from Florida

Yeah have dried up in the south. The only thing changed is we have added Georgia and NC to our table. That is because a coach that is really hot right now...Doug Belk native of Valdosta, Georgia, This guy needs to be paid to stay guy.

304 a joke.

Reactions: Phil
Damn....who was the QB and WR from Florida that owns all those records? Think they even played HS together? They must have sucked cuz I forget who they were...

The Kpogba kid is a monster. A college weight room and nutrition plan will get him to 230+ in a hurry. Watch his film he can cover the pass and can come off the edge.

Reactions: drumeer
WVUallen a joke. What has anybody done from those years listed? Last 6 years very few have contributed from the south. GA, NC is still new and unproven for us. You couldn’t name 2013, 2014, 2015. You see how bad 2016, 2017 are except 1 guy Sinkfield who is good. He’s about the only thing we got from the south in years although he hadn’t shown it yet in a real game. McCoy is only other guy really. 2-3 guys in 5-6 years helped. Not good. WVUallen a joke.

WVUallen a joke.

2012 had 10 from Florida. Lol how many helped? A bunch of low quality scrubs. Name the amount out of 10 that helped. Wasted scholarships.

We stopped getting quality from Florida.

2012 had 10 from Florida. Lol how many helped? A bunch of low quality scrubs. Name the amount out of 10 that helped. Wasted scholarships.

We stopped getting quality from Florida.

Doesn't matter where a player comes come from just as long as he can play

It is a fact that the majority of football players come from the South. GA, TX and FL having the highest number

If you look at percentage based on population you have LA, MS and SC.

Why wouldn't you want to recruit the area.

Good players come from north and south. I like recruiting anywhere but we have dried up bad in Florida. Go pull up last 6 years in Florida. It’s sad. Bunch of low quality busts. Karl Joseph from 2012 class was great but the rest of those Florida recruits we got sucked at a 90% ratio. That’s bad. Look it up.

NC has never delivered anything until McCoy unless you remember Jolla the WR who was average at best a decade ago. GA is mostly new territory. Hasn’t produced much yet. Unproven still.

WVU gets best players from border states and WV mostly. Florida pipeline went dry.

Geno and Steadman were from 2009 class. Dried up in years after that. UCF, USF, Florida Atlantic contributed to that. Not much left over anymore.

Not getting any QBs from WV, I know that

White - Bama
Brown - FL
Smith - FL
Trickett - FL
Howard - TX
Grier - NC/FL

Crest - Maryland
Rawlins - PA

Good players come from north and south. I like recruiting anywhere but we have dried up bad in Florida. Go pull up last 6 years in Florida. It’s sad. Bunch of low quality busts. Karl Joseph from 2012 class was great but the rest of those Florida recruits we got sucked at a 90% ratio. That’s bad. Look it up.

NC has never delivered anything until McCoy unless you remember Jolla the WR who was average at best a decade ago. GA is mostly new territory. Hasn’t produced much yet. Unproven still.

WVU gets best players from border states and WV mostly. Florida pipeline went dry.

Totally untrue.
Penn St and Ohio St figured this out.

You have to go position by position and say recruit QBs from CA or TX.
RBs are now GA and LA. DBs from FL and TX.

Some of this changes as PA use to be QBs and LBs.
They still produce LBs and RBs but not as many before.
Texas use to be RBs. The QBs coming from TX have replaced RBs.

Saquan Barkley from PA. Top RB in USA.

Keatoncorner look at all the terrible Florida recruits last 7-8 recruiting classes for WVU. We just now are recruiting GA so it’s unproven for us. Hopefully that helps. NC delivered McCoy but nothing else so far. We need better quality from down south. Dravon Henry, Kenny Robinson, David Long are studs from PA, OH. Florida doesn’t deliver to WVU

Majority of good players at WVU are from WV plus border states PA, OH, VA, MD and transfers from anywhere. Florida dried up last 6-7 years for WVU badly.

Not getting any QBs from WV, I know that

White - Bama
Brown - FL
Smith - FL
Trickett - FL
Howard - TX
Grier - NC/FL

Crest - Maryland
Rawlins - PA

Saquon Barkley was born in the Bronx

That “liberal scum” of New York that WVUUSA5 was railing against

Saquan Barkley from PA. Top RB in USA.

Keatoncorner look at all the terrible Florida recruits last 7-8 recruiting classes for WVU. We just now are recruiting GA so it’s unproven for us. Hopefully that helps. NC delivered McCoy but nothing else so far. We need better quality from down south. Dravon Henry, Kenny Robinson, David Long are studs from PA, OH. Florida doesn’t deliver to WVU

Majority of good players at WVU are from WV plus border states PA, OH, VA, MD and transfers from anywhere. Florida dried up last 6-7 years for WVU badly.

I said that PA is not producing RBs like before
You go back to the early 90's and prior you would see the difference.

You are speaking about one player like if they determine where you go for backs.

Unproven for us?

They have did studies position by position of players who play in the NFL.

If a state like Georgia produces 11 great backs.
UGA, Auburn and Tennessee only can get half of them at the most
SC produces enough usually for their schools to stay home
Same as Florida
You then have 5-6 backs who go elsewhere
That is where WV steps in.

Same with TX and WR and DBs

Texas has I believe around 20 4 star and above WRs this year.

Difference makers David Long, David Sills, Kenny Robinson, Dravon Henry from Ohio, PA, MD. Stills boys, Tonkery, Pitts, Donahue all good from WV on our defense.

Look up Florida last 7 years we get hardly nothing. It’s 2-3 that turned out in a long period. Wow. I win as usual.

GA and NC are new and unproven for us. Are we getting quality or bad leftovers? McCoy is only solid one so far from NC. Time will tell. It’s closer to WV than Florida. It makes sense.

WV best players will typically come from border states OH, PA, MD, VA and WV. Other than that transfers. After that a small portion from south.

Going forward recruiting the state of WV will be a bigger priority than before.

Just wait next year till this defense has older Dante Stills, Darius Stills, Tonkery, Donahue, Pitts, Shea Campbell, Tavis Lee, Grantham (Martinsburg) boys and Kerry Martin, Amir Richardson on roster. In 2 years all mentioned still here except Donahue. Wow. You will then see the muscle.

Throw in PA studs Kenny Robinson, Raines, Gmiter......Chandler from OH....bunch of head busters from WV, PA, OH....damn!!!!!

Difference makers David Long, David Sills, Kenny Robinson, Dravon Henry from Ohio, PA, MD. Stills boys, Tonkery, Pitts, Donahue all good from WV on our defense.

Look up Florida last 7 years we get hardly nothing. It’s 2-3 that turned out in a long period. Wow. I win as usual.

You've been banned 7 times. You lose...

ADVERTISEMENT