ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Head Coach Job : Desirable ?

HerdChemist89

Sophomore
Jul 13, 2002
Yes ?

No ?

I am firmly in the "NO" camp. Might be a good stepping stone to a G5 program ( lol ! ) but other that why would an up-and-coming, or even a Major Named Coach wanna be there ?

Discuss.
:pimp:

Yes ?

No ?

I am firmly in the "NO" camp. Might be a good stepping stone to a G5 program ( lol ! ) but other that why would an up-and-coming, or even a Major Named Coach wanna be there ?

Discuss.
if WVU's job is a "no" then what does that make the marshla job seeing as you are 0-12 against a "no" program.......and btw that was some basketball game yesterday.......for 6 minutes.[banana][banana]:basketball::middlefinger:..I was there....the best thing for you to do is crawl back to mommy's basement and chill......we appreciate your concern (NOT!)....but we will be just fine, and you will continue to be the red headed stepchild of West Virginia in perpituity.....such is your fate

I'll start.

Let's talk about the The Ear Fanbase; one who has a reputation for quickly turning sour on Head Coaches.

Let's name a single coach that left WVU to become a revered, "statue-outside-the-stadium" worthy figure after departing the program.

WVU has no Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes, Ara Parseghian or even a Frank Beamer in its history....and no National Title to show either....

Coincidence ? ...I think not.

EVERY. SINGLE. HEAD COACH. EVER. has been run outta town after a few middling 6 or 7 or 8 win seasons.

In the Circles of Coach Talk and in the off-season golf games the word gets out: The WVU job is a "get it while you can" job of shorter duration...( No wonder Holgerson took years to finally buy a house )... just a mid-level temporary stop for some Big Contract Cash and a cup of coffee...then quickly pack your shit and get the hell outta town before The Fanbase kills your pets and burns your house down.

Now thats the UGLY reputation that WVU has grown...sure, youse people will find a guy..no doubt...but whoever accepts the job will always be looking for the next move up...even if its to a G5 school. ( rotflmao ! )

There will never be a Head Coach statue of ANYONE outside Mountaineer Field.

Signed,
Reality.

Last edited:
I'll start.

Lets talk about the fanbase; one who has a reputation for turning sour on Head Coaches.

In fact, lets name a single coach that left WVU to become a revered, "statue-outside-the-stadium" worthy figure after departing the program.

WVU has no Bear Bryant, Knute Rockne, or even a Frank Beamer in its history....and no National Title to show either....

EVERY. SINGLE. HEAD COACH. EVER. has been run outta town after a few middling 6 or 7 or 8 win seasons.

In the Circles of Coach Talk and in the off-season golf games the word gets out: The WVU job is a "get it while you can" job of shorter duration...( No wonder Holgerson took years to finally buy a house )... just a mid-level temporary stop for some Big Contract Cash and a cup of coffee...then quickly pack your shit and get the hell outta town before The Fanbase kills your pets and burns your house down.

Now thats the UGLY reputation that WVU has grown...sure, youse people will find a guy..no doubt...but whoever accepts the job will always be looking for the next move up...even if its to a G5 school. ( rotflmao ! )

Signed,
Reality.
Don Nehlen...........and coming from a guy whose coach is a WVU grad and would kill the entire population of cabell county to become WVU's head coach that's pretty rich. Face it.. your jealousy knows no bounds...you need to lay off the chemicals you say you associate with

Yea Houston gave applewhite 2 whole years. Would never turn on their coach.

It must really sting the beagle fvckers knowing that their HC opted out for a G5 school.

Don Nehlen...........and coming from a guy whose coach is a WVU grad and would kill the entire population of cabell county to become WVU's head coach that's pretty rich. Face it.. your jealousy knows no bounds...you need to lay off the chemicals you say you associate with

Jealous? Houston tried to poach our HC 15 years before they actually did poach yours. Holgs has the same chance to reach the playoff as he did at WVU, ZERO!

WVU just saved themselves 7 million dollars. Thank you Holgs for leaving for a million. This million dollars gives us buyout money for Gibson.

I'll start.

Let's talk about the The Ear Fanbase; one who has a reputation for quickly turning sour on Head Coaches.

Let's name a single coach that left WVU to become a revered, "statue-outside-the-stadium" worthy figure after departing the program.

WVU has no Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes, Ara Parseghian or even a Frank Beamer in its history....and no National Title to show either....

Signed,
Reality.

I didn’t read all the bullshit in your post except something about WVU fans souring on coaches.

How many times have you dumbasses wanted to fire Doc?

LMAO!

Sure you did, Slow Head. Every Power 5 program desires to be abandoned by its head coach. HolgyDrunk realized that he has as much chance to win the National Title at Houston as he does at WVU, which is 0 percent.

Sure you did, Slow Head. Every Power 5 program desires to be abandoned by its head coach. HolgyDrunk realized that he has as much chance to win the National Title at Houston as he does at WVU, which is 0 percent.
how did ahia state do this year?....if you didn't win it you are no better than us...." if you are not the lead dog then the view is the same"

Yes ?

No ?

Discuss.
Obviously you speak only from bias and fail to consider any of he multitude of pertinent, positive facts. Opinions from folks like you are worthless or worse. But, I realize it is very difficult to overcome "stupid".

how did ahia state do this year?....if you didn't win it you are no better than us...." if you are not the lead dog then the view is the same"
Your first idiotic post of 2019, Slow Head. If Ohio State's 13-1 record, conference championship, Rose Bowl championship, and Top 5 finish is meaningless, then WVU's entire football history is NOTHING. The Old Fold & Blew has never won 13 games in a season or finished a season ranked higher than No. 5 in the Country.

Reading your stuff does lower my IQ....

It’s unfortunate I have to dumb things down for you and get on your level so you can understand things. It’s simple, WVU is no better than a G5 school which is why Holgs left and he knew this.

It’s simple, WVU is no better than a G5 school which is why Holgs left and he knew this.

Yeup.

Can't wait till they renegotiate TV deals across the board in the next coupla years.

News Flash Ear Peoples : College sports; and all sports in general ( especially Football ) are undergoing tectonic shifts in demographics and viewership.

The up-and-coming Millenials don't give a shit about football; sure some do, but nowhere near the traditional numbers. TV money is going down. College kids would rather watch video game tournaments and schools are now offering scholarships, etc for this bullshit.

So while you Ear Dumbasses on here brag about your "wealth by association" in the Big 12 the day is coming soon where you won't be cashing in like you are expecting....the money is drying up.

Anyhow, the P5 will prolly shed 20-30 teams that don't contribute to the bottom line and are geographical outliers. As a middling, B12 punching bag who lives two time zones away from the rest of Texas and Oklahoma, you are prolly gonna get the axe.

Timing couldn't be worse for PigPen to bail on the WVU program; he's leaving the cupboard bare and you are gonna get your asses killed over the next 3-5 years...compounding the problem even more... ( playing WVU is no help to the conference, they suck and all they do is take money, looky over there at UCF aren't they pretty ? Orlando is a nice place and gives the Big 12 a FL presence plus we can cut the deadweight losers from WV who are sucking us dry.. )

The End of WVU Football as we know it is almost at hand, give it another 3-5 years and you'll be in a totally different situation...the AAC ( or some variant ) isn't out of the question either....

One thing is for sure, when the Big Dogs do the next cut and get rid of the "n'er do wells", chances are very good you will wake up one morning and be on the outside looking in.

Signed,
#Temple'd

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Your first idiotic post of 2019, Slow Head. If Ohio State's 13-1 record, conference championship, Rose Bowl championship, and Top 5 finish is meaningless, then WVU's entire football history is NOTHING. The Old Fold & Blew has never won 13 games in a season or finished a season ranked higher than No. 5 in the Country.
If you aren't the lead dog the view is still the same.....you are looking at the asses of Alabama or Clemson just like we are......

Reactions: old buzzard
Marshall fans. HAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It’s unfortunate I have to dumb things down for you and get on your level so you can understand things. It’s simple, WVU is no better than a G5 school which is why Holgs left and he knew this.
LMAO...is that your take?

Because everything you said in that post is wrong.

Big Things are coming.....to be continued......

giphy.gif

ROTFLOL !!!

I'll tell ya, the last couple of days over here have been hilarious..

Just watching these Zombies over here try and spin the loss of Holgerson to a G5 into some kind of "positive" as far as the image of WVU goes......phucking has me laughing out loud !!!!

Quick question for the Yeller Piss Drinkers...: When was the last time a P5 HC VOLUNTARILY quit his job to step down and take a HC position at a middle-of-the-pack G5 program ?

Holgerson made you people look like FOOLS.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, YOU DUMBASSES

Signed,
Reality

giphy.gif

ROTFLOL !!!

I'll tell ya, the last couple of days over here have been hilarious..

Just watching these Zombies over here try and spin the loss of Holgerson to a G5 into some kind of "positive" as far as the image of WVU goes......phucking has me laughing out loud !!!!

Quick question for the Yeller Piss Drinkers...: When was the last time a P5 HC VOLUNTARILY quit his job to step down and take a HC position at a middle-of-the-pack G5 program ?

Holgerson made you people look like FOOLS.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, YOU DUMBASSES

Signed,
Reality
the herd athletic dept and specially YOU have cornered the market on making yourselves look like fools....and the fact remains that you haven't and can't beat us in ANY sport that counts.... and because of your stupid coaches you may never get the chance...so who are the REAL fools here.......hint....find a mirror......and eabboswhan

the herd athletic dept and specially YOU have cornered the market on making yourselves look like fools....and the fact remains that you haven't and can't beat us in ANY sport that counts.... and because of your stupid coaches you may never get the chance...so who are the REAL fools here.......hint....find a mirror......and eabboswhan

That last word? Is that Ebonics?

That last word? Is that Ebonics?
no....it's an old saying from the 70's....Eat A Big Bag Of Shit With Honey And Nuts......usually said to people who talk out their ass and don't know of what they speak......herd chemist and most herd fans (and a certain ahia state fan) fall into this category.......however you Tony and Humptod do not....btw love love love my new G400 driver

Marshall fans trying to explain stuff about college football and coaching and conferences and G5 and P5 and TV Deals and money and success and on and on. HAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
We can't beat you in any sport because you boys won't walk on to the gridiron/court with us with the scoreboard turned.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Stop being a hypocrite. Your answer to every one of my recent posts is that no school but Alabama or Clemson matters, so STFU about WVU's meaningless wins over Marshall. The Old Fold & Blew remain 0 for history when it comes to NCAA football and basketball national championships. Know your place.

no....it's an old saying from the 70's....Eat A Big Bag Of Shit With Honey And Nuts......usually said to people who talk out their ass and don't know of what they speak......herd chemist and most herd fans (and a certain ahia state fan) fall into this category.......however you Tony and Humptod do not....btw love love love my new G400 driver

That’s a long acronym for someone of your age to remember. Did you write it down before you posted?

Wrong he left because his contract would not be guaranteed if fired. He wanted a higher buyout on the school's end and Lyons said no. Houston said yes and the rest is history.

Lyons will finally get to make his own hire.

ADVERTISEMENT