ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM WVU football schedule announced

I was looking at that earlier, like three minutes ago, and surprised that WVU is playing all four of the new teams.

Was disappointed they put Houston as an away game on a Thursday night though. Was looking forward to the reception Dana would have gotten in Morgantown.

2023 WVU football schedule
Sept. 2 at Penn State for the first time since 1991.
Sept. 9 Duquesne at WVU
Sept. 16 Pitt at WVU
Sept. 23 Texas Tech at WVU
Sept. 30 WVU at TCU
Next week – Idle
Oct. 12, a Thursday – WVU at Houston (1st meeting in history between the 2 football teams)
Oct. 21 – Oklahoma State at WVU
Oct. 28 – WVU at Central Florida (1st year in Big 12)
Nov. 4 – BYU (1st year in Big 12) at WVU
Nov. 11 – WVU at Oklahoma
Nov. 18 – Cincinnati (1st year in Big 12) at WVU
Nov. 25 – WVU at Baylor

With 12 teams, WVU will not play Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas and Texas unless they meet in the Big 12 title game, which is unlikely with Neal Brown, worst coach in 43 years, still running the show.

I will miss not having Texas or Oklahoma in Morgantown every year.

But having Pitt in Morgantown for the Backyard Brawl makes up for it. And starting with Penn State.

Trading Oklahoma and Texas for Penn State and Pitt is great with me!

Ok. If we win more than 4 games next year it will be because our schedule is backloaded with expansion teams. They likely will be beat up by that time they play us.

This statement is what I was speaking of.. There was no connection between the fact that Penn State and Pitt games were a trade off or had anything to do with Oklahoma, Texas or the Big 12 Conference.

2023 WVU football schedule
Sept. 2 at Penn State for the first time since 1991.
Sept. 9 Duquesne at WVU
Sept. 16 Pitt at WVU
Sept. 23 Texas Tech at WVU
Sept. 30 WVU at TCU
Next week – Idle
Oct. 12, a Thursday – WVU at Houston (1st meeting in history between the 2 football teams)
Oct. 21 – Oklahoma State at WVU
Oct. 28 – WVU at Central Florida (1st year in Big 12)
Nov. 4 – BYU (1st year in Big 12) at WVU
Nov. 11 – WVU at Oklahoma
Nov. 18 – Cincinnati (1st year in Big 12) at WVU
Nov. 25 – WVU at Baylor

With 12 teams, WVU will not play Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas and Texas unless they meet in the Big 12 title game, which is unlikely with Neal Brown, worst coach in 43 years, still running the show.

I will miss not having Texas or Oklahoma in Morgantown every year.

But having Pitt in Morgantown for the Backyard Brawl makes up for it. And starting with Penn State.

You do realize WVU is @ Oklahoma Nov 11?

Reactions: Rootmaster
I was looking at that earlier, like three minutes ago, and surprised that WVU is playing all four of the new teams.

Was disappointed they put Houston as an away game on a Thursday night though. Was looking forward to the reception Dana would have gotten in Morgantown.
I stated long ago if we can get all the new teams who would have a better shot of going bowl eligible. The schedule is extremely friendly to us. We may be 2 1/2 point favorites in seven games this year.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
5-7 or less here comes Brown

Losses
@PSU
Texas Tech ( never beaten them)
@TCU
@Oklahoma
OK State
@UCF
@Baylor

possible wins
Pitt
@Houston
Cincinnati
BYU

Sure win
Duquesne

Losses
@PSU
@TCU
@Oklahoma
OK State
@UCF
@Baylor

possible wins
Pitt
@Houston
Cincinnati
BYU

Sure win
Duquesne

Sept. 2 at Penn State - Loss
Sept. 9 Duquesne - Win (Shouldn't even be playing)
Sept. 16 Pitt at WVU - Win
Sept. 23 Texas Tech at WVU - Win
Sept. 30 WVU at TCU - Loss
Next week – Idle
Oct. 12, a Thursday – WVU at Houston - Win
Oct. 21 – Oklahoma State at WVU - Win
Oct. 28 – WVU at Central Florida - Loss
Nov. 4 – BYU - Win
Nov. 11 – WVU at Oklahoma - Loss
Nov. 18 – Cincinnati - Win
Nov. 25 – WVU at Baylor - Loss

Should be 7-5 with that schedule, possibly 8-4 with a win at UCF or Oklahoma or Baylor

Anything less than 7-5 should be unacceptable imo.

• Angry
Reactions: RantingRedRaider
Brown has never beaten Texas Tech even when they were down and they are getting better.

OK State-they should be improved this year. Brown is 1-3 vs. OK State and pre season projections have this years version of the Cowboys better than WVU.

Two likely losses.

Brown isn't going to beat all of the newcomers. Those teams have been good to very good lately.
They have experience playing against and beating P5 teams.
Since 2019:

Cincinnati has defeated Indiana 2X, Notre Dame, UCLA, Boston College and has a 3 pt loss to Georgia in the 2020 Peach Bowl

BYU defeated Baylor, Arizona, Utah, Arizona State, Washington State, Virginia, USC 2X, Tennessee

UCF defeated Georgia Tech 2X, Florida, Stanford

Houston defeated Auburn

None of these schools is going to be a pushover for a Neal Brown coached WVU. UCF is getting alot of pre season hype as well. Probably a split with these schools, it isn't likely going to be a sweep.

Losses
@PSU
@TCU
@Oklahoma
OK State
@UCF
@Baylor

possible wins
Pitt
@Houston
Cincinnati
BYU

Sure win
Duquesne
You should'nt talk to your imaginary friends.

Brown has never beaten Texas Tech even when they were down and they are getting better.

OK State-they should be improved this year. Brown is 1-3 vs. OK State and pre season projections have this years version of the Cowboys better than WVU.

Two likely losses.

Brown isn't going to beat all of the newcomers. Those teams have been good to very good lately.
They have experience playing against and beating P5 teams.
Since 2019:

Cincinnati has defeated Indiana 2X, Notre Dame, UCLA, Boston College and has a 3 pt loss to Georgia in the 2020 Peach Bowl

BYU defeated Baylor, Arizona, Utah, Arizona State, Washington State, Virginia, USC 2X, Tennessee

UCF defeated Georgia Tech 2X, Florida, Stanford

Houston defeated Auburn

None of these schools is going to be a pushover for a Neal Brown coached WVU. UCF is getting alot of pre season hype as well. Probably a split with these schools, it isn't likely going to be a sweep.
You're funny. Had never beaten OU and Okie State until last year. Tech is a win this year and no they are not getting better. Your hatred for WVU is showing. Pick a profile and stay with it.

I know some people dont like facts but really, maybe just don't comment if you are so uneducated:

The Red Raiders, who were 6-1 at home this past season, closed the 2022 campaign at 8-5 overall with four-consecutive victories, including a 42-25 win over Ole Miss in the TaxAct Texas Bowl.

With 16 starters and the slew of upperclassmen set to return next fall, the online prognosticators are already eyeing the Red Raiders as a potential preseason top-25 team and Big 12 contender heading into the Sept. 2 opener at Wyoming. Texas Tech was ranked as high as No. 14 in the "way too early" preseason top-25 polls compiled already by the likes of ESPN, The Athletic, Yahoo and the Action Network.

This statement is what I was speaking of.. There was no connection between the fact that Penn State and Pitt games were a trade off or had anything to do with Oklahoma, Texas or the Big 12 Conference.

THE CONNECTION IS OBVIOUS TO INTELLIGENT PEOPLE. BUT I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU DIDN'T GET IT. I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO EXPLAIN MY WORDS IN MORE DETAIL TO YOU WHEN I POST.

I know some people dont like facts but really, maybe just don't comment if you are so uneducated:

The Red Raiders, who were 6-1 at home this past season, closed the 2022 campaign at 8-5 overall with four-consecutive victories, including a 42-25 win over Ole Miss in the TaxAct Texas Bowl.

With 16 starters and the slew of upperclassmen set to return next fall, the online prognosticators are already eyeing the Red Raiders as a potential preseason top-25 team and Big 12 contender heading into the Sept. 2 opener at Wyoming. Texas Tech was ranked as high as No. 14 in the "way too early" preseason top-25 polls compiled already by the likes of ESPN, The Athletic, Yahoo and the Action Network.

Predictions are for fat slobs that lay on their couches. The facts are the final score of the game played. What's next? You declaring Texas Tech as national champs?

Let me know when a writer wins a game.

THE CONNECTION IS OBVIOUS TO INTELLIGENT PEOPLE. BUT I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU DIDN'T GET IT. I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO EXPLAIN MY WORDS IN MORE DETAIL TO YOU WHEN I POST.
So in your world two conference schools and the conference itself controls who West Virginia plays in their non-conference games. I guess everyone owes Joe Manchin an apology for getting WVU tied up to a series with Marshall. It was actually the fault of Boston College and Rutgers with help from the Big East.

Got it.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I see this schedule as Brown's swan song. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see more than five wins.

I SADLY HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU. I AM AMAZED, EVEN WITH THE HUGE BUYOUT, THAT WVU LET NEAL STAY A 5TH YEAR. I MEAN, WORST CAREER COACHING PERCENTAGE AT WVU IN 43 YEARS AND 4TH WORST IN HISTORY! SOMEBODY ABOVE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR THE NUMBERS. AFTER DUQUESNE, IT'S PITT (WHICH GOOD WVU COACHES HAVE BEATEN), 3RD IN 2022 TEXAS TECH, 2022 CHAMP TCU, NEW AND TOUGH MEMBER HOUSTON. FOR STARTERS.

THAT LOOKS LIKE 1-4 OR, AT BEST, 2-3 START.

LATER, CENTRAL FLORIDA AND CINCINNATI, BOTH TIED FOR 2ND IN AAC STANDINGS IN 2022; BYU, 8-5 IN 2022.

SINCE NEAL HAS NEVER HAD A WINNING BIG 12 RECORD AT WVU AND NEVER FINISHED HIGHER THAN 5TH AND HIS BEST SEASON RECORD IS 6-4, HIS ONLY NON-LOSING SEASON FOR WVU, THE NUMBERS DON'T GIVE ME MUCH HOPE.

I WISH HE WOULD GO 12-0 AND WIN THE BIG 12 BECAUSE IT'S MY BELOVED ALMA MATER, BUT . . . BROWN IS WORST WVU COACH IN MY 30+ YEARS OF BUYING SEASON TICKETS TO MOUNTAINEER FIELD! NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU. I AM AMAZED, EVEN WITH THE HUGE BUYOUT, THAT WVU LET NEAL STAY A 5TH YEAR. I MEAN, WORST CAREER COACHING PERCENTAGE AT WVU IN 43 YEARS AND 4TH WORST IN HISTORY! SOMEBODY ABOVE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR THE NUMBERS. AFTER DUQUESNE, IT'S PITT (WHICH GOOD WVU COACHES HAVE BEATEN), 3RD IN 2022 TEXAS TECH, 2022 CHAMP TCU, NEW AND TOUGH MEMBER HOUSTON. FOR STARTERS.

LATER, CENTRAL FLORIDA AND CINCINNATI, BOTH TIED FOR 2ND IN AAC STANDINGS IN 2022; BYU, 8-5 IN 2022.

SINCE NEAL HAS NEVER HAD A WINNING BIG 12 RECORD AT WVU AND NEVER FINISHED HIGHER THAN 5TH AND HIS BEST SEASON RECORD IS 6-4, HIS ONLY NON-LOSING SEASON FOR WVU, THE NUMBERS DON'T GIVE ME MUCH HOPE.

I WISH HE WOULD GO 12-0 AND WIN THE BIG 12 BECAUSE IT'S MY BELOVED ALMA MATER, BUT . . . BROWN IS WORST WVU COACH IN MY 30+ YEARS OF BUYING SEASON TICKETS TO MOUNTAINEER FIELD! NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I see this schedule as Brown's swan song. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see more than five wins.
If he wins 5 this year he should be in the hall of fame for those that recover poor seasons a little to late.

I SADLY HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU. I AM AMAZED, EVEN WITH THE HUGE BUYOUT, THAT WVU LET NEAL STAY A 5TH YEAR. I MEAN, WORST CAREER COACHING PERCENTAGE AT WVU IN 43 YEARS AND 4TH WORST IN HISTORY! SOMEBODY ABOVE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR THE NUMBERS. AFTER DUQUESNE, IT'S PITT (WHICH GOOD WVU COACHES HAVE BEATEN), 3RD IN 2022 TEXAS TECH, 2022 CHAMP TCU, NEW AND TOUGH MEMBER HOUSTON. FOR STARTERS.

So, by your own age pronouncements, you are 90 you now admit you were 60 before you bought season tickets. Wow not a good look for you CFE.

ADVERTISEMENT