ADVERTISEMENT

WVU first half effort against VT for an entire game beats OK

steeleer

All-Conference
Sep 19, 2005
That's it.
I'll die on that hill.

Problem?
That would require a killer instinct. Hopefully this team (and HC) show some tomorrow.

WVU becoming a force in the new Big 12 would get a huge bump with a W here.

Reactions: locustwv
So, you are saying WVU actually plays two half’s like we did the first half vs VT. So we score 48 points for the game and have no TOs. Agree that if we can find the intensity and focus to do this we will be in the game.

To actually get a W, I think we have to tackle better, eliminate the secondary coverage busts (Porter & Young) and get off the field on third downs. If the Sooners get within 5 yards of the end zone, I think they will score. The D has improved every game and could do this.

To me, the tall challenge will be for our offense to consistently move the chains and score on their home field against their level of talent for a whole game. There has been some improvement each game, but
  • JD shows issues under pressure (all D coordinators are going to see this)
  • Our OL is doing better on their run blocks but still is weak on edge pass protection
  • Our play calling if we get a lead is way too conservative and we lose momentum (kiss of death on the road)
  • We still don’t target ou TEs enough
In conclusion, while hope springs eternal, I just have to see our offense fix some serious weaknesses before I can believe we can actually get a W in their house.

That's it.
I'll die on that hill.

Problem?
That would require a killer instinct. Hopefully this team (and HC) show some tomorrow.

No turnovers!!!

That's it.
I'll die on that hill.

Problem?

You’re talking about the WVU team that lost to Maryland? That WVU team? Homers are adorable 😂.

Reactions: KingCoal
You’re talking about the WVU team that lost to Maryland? That WVU team? Homers are adorable 😂.
Says the guy who supposedly left for what, the 10th time.

You're talking about the WVU team that beat #15 VT.

How's Pitt after their embarrassing loss in an empty home stadium?

Did I reference the Maryland game? Can you read??!

Your friends at the Panty Lair are waiting. Please join them since your diva ass retired from this board for the second or third time this week.

Did I reference the Maryland game? Can you read??!

Your friends at the Panty Lair are waiting. Please join them since your diva ass retired from this board for the second or third time this week.

Wait! This is the same WVU team that started the season right? Not a great WVU team so even if they played a grear game they won’t beat a good Oklahoma team. If Oklahoma loses to WVU, no matter how WVU plays, they suck.

Wait! This is the same WVU team that started the season right? Not a great WVU team so even if they played a grear game they won’t beat a good Oklahoma team. If Oklahoma loses to WVU, no matter how WVU plays, they suck.
That's some great plot armor Greggy

If WVU loses: "WVU sucks...I told you so!"

If WVU wins: "OU sucks...I told you so!"

Serious piss off and use your weak shit on someone who is actually dumber than you. There are obviously several on here that qualify.

That's some great plot armor Greggy

If WVU loses: "WVU sucks...I told you so!"

If WVU wins: "OU sucks...I told you so!"

Serious piss off and use your weak shit on someone who is actually dumber than you. There are obviously several on here that qualify.

Homers are adorable 😍. Love them. Ummm no not what you said. More like a joke Maryland team handled WVU. That’s all I needed to see.

WVU is holding up to my prediction so far. We need this for 4 quarters!

Brown is actually using the entire playbook! Whodathunkit?

For a whopping 13 points through 3 quarters haha. Now you know this isn’t a good Oklahoma defense right? Super easy to see this Oklahoma team is going nowhere even if they get by WVU. Tulane scored 35 against them and lost by 5. They beat lowly BigTen doormat, Nebraska, by a TD haha. Man the Big12 is garbage again this year. No playoff win this year and chances are no playoff team again. What an embarrassment.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT