ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE WVU finishes No. 5 in the Rivals team recruiting rankings for the Big 12

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
Link: https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018/big12/football

5a7b95710560f-zlatest.jpg

What is the story of Tavis Lee and Jayce Rogers?

Did they sign today.
I know sometimes a player commits but because of other issues is not able to sign.

What is the story of Tavis Lee and Jayce Rogers?

Did they sign today.
I know sometimes a player commits but because of other issues is not able to sign.
Both have signed but they have some issues that need to be addressed before they can actually join the WVU class. Both are really good players so hopefully it works out for them and WVU.

Reactions: PeterDragon 1970
I like WVU’s class.

I really like Oklahoma’s

Think that TCU and Oklahoma State’s were overrated

Texas class has the potential to be a lot better than many think.
Especially considering that Texas has 3 quality players as PWO.
Herman is putting a full effort into the walk on program.

Watch out for Joseph Ossai and Keaontay Ingram.

Deep East Texas and RBs go together and Ingram is a burner.

Do not think WVU has seen a real good UT RB yet.
I haven’t seen one myself in 10 years.

They are returning.....

Decent classes for a few schools.

Does it change anything is the real question. Recruiting creates momentum and momentum creates wins.

According to my limited 49 years of watching football these are the rankings of the Big XII schools going into 2018.
This is not how they will finish. Mind you.

10. Texas Tech- Time to fire Coach Bro and move on.

9. Kansas-A couple of decent Louisiana players but nothing behind them. Looks like another horrible season. I do like their young QB

8. West Virginia- Not recruiting to thier potential and how last season ended it looks like another let down in MoTown.
Their best chance to win the Big XII is this year and now that is looking like a long shot more and more everyday.

7. Baylor- Moving up the rankings and could have a Big year. Very impress by the overall quality of their recruits

6. Iowa State- May not ever be able to move any higher than this spot but Campbell did steal a couple of great pieces.
Look for Purdy with Campbell to develop into something special. Matt Campbell may be the best young coach in CFB bar none

5. Kansas State- With how they finished they should be higher but horrible recruiting dropped them down. May be the last season for a long time they are this high

4. TCU- Struck out on many top recruits. Needs to prove they can challenge Texas and Aggy for the hearts and minds of recruits.
Did get a great QB who is one to watch in Rogers

3. Texas- Has slowly moved up but may not ever get any higher if they do not just show a RevoUTion in recruiting but on the field as well. Could be number 1 next year.
Love thier new arrogrant attitude. These new recruits want to win every NC for Texas for the next 4 years

2. Oklahoma State- With their OLine and RB many thought Gundy would change his offense.
Instead they got a steal in a grad transfer from Hawaii.
They are now one of the favorites to play in Jerry’s World.
Plus they have CJ Moore. Who might be at the end of his career the best WR ever in Stillwater

1. Oklahoma- Depth at OL, DL.
To go with a senior QB, three great RB and great WR’s.
Need to improve on D and OLine but are the a quiet NC contender next year.

Texas and Oklahoma have 34 4 and 5 star players entering their talent pool

The rest of the Big XII has 21.

Texas by itself has 18. Almost more than the other 8 schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT