ADVERTISEMENT

WVU declines to release information related to Koenning’s exit.

I'm not suggesting that Brown should not have caved, but without knowing the contents of the report, I can't say that he should have, either. It's possible that Brown went to bat for Koenning, and was told that it was either Koenning or him, in which case, caving would have been the only logical thing for him to do. However, we don't know that this happened, and it would be "fanboyish" to assume that it did.

Yes, we don't know but that hasn't stopped you guys from blaming Brown.

Morals...

Your principles aren't the principles of everyone at WVU.

I don't even know how morality is involved here. How is this even a moral question.

Schools have a rep. Just like businesses. If you damage their rep you are gone most of the time unless you have power....

Vic didn't have any power.

Even Jerry Falwell Jr was pushed aside at Liberty because he was hurting them.
Not just the football team but the university itself

None of these schools think the same as you.
They aren't going to draw a line in the sand and say we want the world to think of us as a bunch of people who are Straight White Christian Males. Anyone who isn't can go to hell.

Well hopefully WVU just purges themselves of any white people so this terrible injustice never happens again....

But hey...like you said, they dont want white people to be fans. Well unless you are antifa or openly hate cops, or just self-loathe yourself...

Well hopefully WVU just purges themselves of any white people so this terrible injustice never happens again....

But hey...like you said, they dont want white people to be fans. Well unless you are antifa or openly hate cops, or just self-loathe yourself...

Sad that your mind is filled with so much shit that you see this as some sort of white vs minority battle

Sad that your mind is filled with so much shit that you see this as some sort of white vs minority battle

Umm...read the thread, that's the exact reason which was provided. A white coach offended a black player and got fired for it.

I will mention that you were the one who turned this conversation about race, and was the one making racist comments.

Umm...read the thread, that's the exact reason which was provided. A white coach offended a black player and got fired for it.

You pick what side is right.

Your morality says the white man is right

Shows where you are at. You said this is a "morality" issue

You pick what side is right.

Your morality says the white man is right

Shows where you are at. You said this is a "morality" issue

Yes - its silly to fire someone (and then pay them big $$$) over a minor issue. Especially considering Brown supposedly thinks highly and is a friend of Vic. I think its morally wrong to do someone dirty like that.

Especially considering Kneel Brown openly spouts politics in the workplace and encourages his players to do the same.

He is a hypocrite...just like Gordon Gee.

But to your point - Gee, Lyons, and Brown are all white and I think they handled this all wrong.

You're the one obsessed with race, to be clear.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Funny how you spend so much time on a WVU athletics board telling people athletics aren't important

TownesVanZandt
All-Conference
Messages6,471Reaction score637Points153
Joined Aug 19, 2018
FollowIgnore

I don’t obsess over recruiting like you and could not care less about how many stars a recruit has. I care about the state of WV and I root for WVU to do good in all sports. If they don’t win, my life is not affected like it seems to affect yours. I’m not an obsessed fan.

If you cared about WV then you should know that people already have a stereotypical view of the state and the university

Some of you are crying that WVU didn't prove it to be true

The leaders and the university are trying to change it.

If you cared about WV then you should know that people already have a stereotypical view of the state and the university

Some of you are crying that WVU didn't prove it to be true

The leaders and the university are trying to change it.

Perhaps West Virginians don't feel they need to change, and those leaders aren't even from WV. No one elected them or asked them to do any such duty....it just displays typical arrogance of those in higher education that they think are given that type of responsibility - they arent.

Most of the WVU leadership are carpetbaggers who will be gone in a couple years.

But to address your point..yes, the leadership at WVU does hate actual West Virginians.

TownesVanZandt
All-Conference
Messages6,471Reaction score637Points153
Joined Aug 19, 2018
FollowIgnore

I don’t obsess over recruiting like you and could not care less about how many stars a recruit has. I care about the state of WV and I root for WVU to do good in all sports. If they don’t win, my life is not affected like it seems to affect yours. I’m not an obsessed fan.

Yet you are on a site for WVU recruiting

So yes on here recruiting is important. Specifically WVU recruiting.

Your opinions don't change what this site is for.

Perhaps West Virginians don't feel they need to change, and those leaders aren't even from WV. No one elected them or asked them to do any such duty....it just displays typical arrogance of those in higher education that they think are given that type of responsibility - they arent.

Most of the WVU leadership are carpetbaggers who will be gone in a couple years.

But to address your point..yes, the leadership at WVU does hate actual West Virginians.

Change?

Who said people needed to change

I said that people perceive the state in a stereotypical way

You want the state to maintain this image.

But very few people in WV wants their state to look like a bunch of bigots
At least people in power

I don't think you will find anywhere in this country who wants their state to look that way

Yes, we don't know but that hasn't stopped you guys from blaming Brown.
What doesn't stop is your lying, Teach. I don't have enough information upon which to blame Brown, but please keep being a blind fanboy, and assuming things not in evidence. If you were able to read anything other than your Indiana Teachers' Union manual, then you would have seen in my prior post that I conceded the possibility that Brown was given no reasonable option to allowing Koenning to leave. Now, buzz off, Teach.

Change?

Who said people needed to change

I said that people perceive the state in a stereotypical way

You want the state to maintain this image.

But very few people in WV wants their state to look like a bunch of bigots
At least people in power

I don't think you will find anywhere in this country who wants their state to look that way

People in WV really dont care what other people think about them and if you ever actually visited the state you'd know they are about the friendliest people in the country.

West Virginians don't need to appease anyone just to feel accepted.

The leadership at WVU hate the people in the state. They only want you as a fan if you are a progressive weirdo who hates cops (people like you).

Who said they weren't...

Perception matters in this world.

You want WV to be perceived as the friendliest people in the world ..
Reason why you said that

It matters even to you.

Who said they weren't...

Perception matters in this world.

You want WV to be perceived as the friendliest people in the world ..
Reason why you said that

It matters even to you.

Ok...lets fire all the white people at the university to prove how friendly we are!

The pinheads who have no rational argument left desperately scream, "you're a racist," and hope to shame you into surrendering.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
Ok...lets fire all the white people at the university to prove how friendly we are!

You keep believing you are under attack...

Just sad
Reason why I brought up false narratives
You want to play the victim. Don't victimize an entire group of people because your life sucks

What doesn't stop is your lying, Teach. I don't have enough information upon which to blame Brown, but please keep being a blind fanboy, and assuming things not in evidence. If you were able to read anything other than your Indiana Teachers' Union manual, then you would have seen in my prior post that I conceded the possibility that Brown was given no reasonable option to allowing Koenning to leave. Now, buzz off, Teach.

If you are going to accuse me of being a teacher, at least get the state right in your fake accusation. Gee whiz. [laughing]

You keep believing you are under attack...

Just sad
Reason why I brought up false narratives
You want to play the victim. Don't victimize an entire group of people because your life sucks

No one was a victim in this situation...well maybe Vic, he got his reputation smeared, but I guess he is getting paid for the privilege.

No one was a victim in this situation...well maybe Vic, he got his reputation smeared, but I guess he is getting paid for the privilege.

He will be getting paid more than 99% of WV residents/workers this year. Also, he will have a job this time next year making as much or more than he's making to not coach at WVU. Tough life.

He will be getting paid more than 99% of WV residents/workers this year. Also, he will have a job this time next year making as much or more than he's making to not coach at WVU. Tough life.

Perhaps he will join the police department and defund himself....problem solved.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Yeah, poor Vic. Getting $500,000/year.

Well that's the money they owed him...WVU gave him the contract and then agreed to the settlement, so talk to them....

I guess you wont be happy until he his shaking a can on High Street? Vic the Sombrero Man.

Perhaps we can tar and feather him and toss him into a BLM mosh pit?

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Well that's the money they owed him...WVU gave him the contract and then agreed to the settlement, so talk to them....

I guess you wont be happy until he his shaking a can on High Street? Vic the Sombrero Man.

Perhaps we can tar and feather him and toss him into a BLM mosh pit?

Nope. I never once spoke out against him. Funny that you have him on a pedestal, have admitted that nobody knows exactly what went down, and have openly blamed Coach Brown for all of this. Personally, I don't care. It's not my decision to make. And I don't know anything about what went down to know if he did/did not do anything or did/did not deserve to be relieved of duties. It's really that simple.

Nope. I never once spoke out against him. Funny that you have him on a pedestal, have admitted that nobody knows exactly what went down, and have openly blamed Coach Brown for all of this. Personally, I don't care. It's not my decision to make. And I don't know anything about what went down to know if he did/did not do anything or did/did not deserve to be relieved of duties. It's really that simple.

If WVU wants to avoid speculation, they can be transparent.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
Martin's feelings got hurt

He wasn't that good

Koenning was trying to coach him up

Martin did like any other kid today, took it to twitter

Martin wanted to shame the program into kissing his rear end

He was following not leading by doing the trendy thing, claim racism

His teammates said to him WTF?

He tried to backpedal

It was too late

Brown and Lyons had a PR nightmare on their hands because of the timing

They acted swiftly and without hesitation

They didn't get their ducks in a row

They thought the woke community would praise them

The next "issue" in America came around

This "issue" was forgotten

A disgruntled player isn't playing

A good coach isn't coaching

WVU isn't talking

Whole thing could have been avoided if Martin acted like a man instead of a child and talked to people instead of throwing it out to the outrage mob.

See ya. Good Luck Vic

Reactions: WVUALLEN
The truth will make us look bad so its better to not know truth.....that seems to be WVU's position.

Someone inside is being protected. There was obviously an internal force on this and they don't want to be publicly known as the casaul agent.

I have my suspicions who that person was, but I will keep those suspicions private.

Does it rhyme with Bee? He likes to look good to his liberal education peers, so he would use this as an example as to how far our little redneck trash university has “evolved.”

You are blaming everyone except Vic Koenning

People who want to blame others for things that go wrong won't ever get anything done.

I continue to hear blame for everyone except for Vic.

I’m not blaming Vic because no one ever made a racist accusation against him. The main accuser is a proven liar and made racist complaints about his HS coach as well. After all that he then decides to sit the season out. Not exactly a high character kind of guy.

The truth is, Vic is a victim of the election year craziness and the racial division that Democrats and their commie followers started to take Trump down. This is not about sports, or even racism. Its about taking Trump down, and taking America down and turning it into a communist country and of course silencing their opposition. BLM is not a real organic black movement. Its a marxist movement and has more LGBTQ in its ranks than regular black folks living in poor communites. Ive watched so many videos of the riots and protests, and its often way more white college liberals than real black folks starting the problems.

Welcome to election year 2020. Anyone with half a brain can see right through this. Vic got caught up in it because of a whiny big mouth kid who is brainwashed and took to his twitter to show how emotionally weak he is. The left is emotionally unhinged. They started all of this.

He is the HC and VK was his subordinate, so yes - I put the blame on the person who is in charge. There is nothing blind about that.

Person in charge is the AD. Especially in these situations.

But here is Browns actual words.

“After speaking with Kerry, I took immediate action. Along with [Director of Athletics] Shane [Lyons] and his team, we launched an independent investigation. I spoke with all parties involved, the defense as a unit and the team as a whole,” Brown continued. “I again emphasized to our team that our program culture will be one of acceptance, respect, tolerance, and positive relationships. I stressed to our team and staff that we will be open and transparent throughout the University process.”

He further indicated that the statement would be his last until the investigation was complete.

“I ask everyone to be patient as we work through this process as quickly as possible,” he concluded. “We will listen, learn and grow from this together, as a family, to become even more united.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT