ADVERTISEMENT

WVU closes out the regular season ranked No. 18 in the AP Top 25 poll

VERY, very nice run for WVU hoops when you combine Beilein's 5 seasons and Huggy's 11 seasons. For the most part, very well done gentlemen!!!!!
Agreed. It is in fact news when we are not ranked or miss the dance.

Fans should let that sink in.

Remember when we hoped to make it in the bracket?

VERY, very nice run for WVU hoops when you combine Beilein's 5 seasons and Huggy's 11 seasons. For the most part, very well done gentlemen!!!!!
Especially if you remember the Catlett years. Not throwing him under the bus, but the NCAA's came around just once in his last 10 years from 1992-2002.

Now we are a tournament regular.

Especially if you remember the Catlett years. Not throwing him under the bus, but the NCAA's came around just once in his last 10 years from 1992-2002.

Now we are a tournament regular.

As long as the leather sports coat stays in those years, I'll be happy. I came into WVU during the Catlett years. My first game was versus Villanova when they had Kerry Kittles and Jason Lawson. Think Lappas was their coach.

As long as the leather sports coat stays in those years, I'll be happy. I came into WVU during the Catlett years. My first game was versus Villanova when they had Kerry Kittles and Jason Lawson. Think Lappas was their coach.
I think Rollie and Lappas coached those players. Rollie retired in 92, so Kitties may have been a freshman that year. Rollie is one of my all time favorites.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
I think Rollie and Lappas coached those players. Rollie retired in 92, so Kitties may have been a freshman that year. Rollie is one of my all time favorites.

Met Rollie at the old Pittsburgh Hilton where Zova was staying. The Pitt team that had Charles Smith and Jerome Lane whacked Nova that afternoon by over 20 points. Pinckney was off and the game got out of hand. Rollie couldn’t have been nicer. Great guy and conversed with us even though he had to be pissed about his teams play. 3 weeks later Zova was National Champs!

Even more impressive: WVU is #18 with TWO seniors! How many teams above WVU in the rankings have only two senior? Granted, Jevon Carter is super. But that's still a young team. The upside is heavenward!

Now, let's win the Big 12 and maybe even March Madness. This is the zaniest year in my memory for college basketball so this may be the time to win it all, something even Jerry West couldn't do. After all, tons of teams already are in March Madness for the first time in 6 years! I love it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT