ADVERTISEMENT

WVU chances of college football playoff

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
With Ohio State losing to Purdue tonight perhaps WVU path just got back open. Nobody from Big 10 will be undefeated and Ohio State and Michigan may end up with 2 loses which eliminates Big 10. Ohio State still has Michigan State at home and at Michigan on schedule plus a Big 10 title. They barely beat a down TCU team and Bosa is done. Michigan still has OSU and at Penn State plus a potential Big 10 title. They lose 1 more.

I think Notre Dame slips up and loses to FSU or at USC. Notre Dame had no business barely beating Pitt recently. They are suspect and beatable.

Clemson won’t lose to anybody in terrible ACC. Their in. I think best scenario would be for Alabama to go undefeated and eliminate the rest of SEC with 2 loses or more. A 1 loss Big 12 champion will be 3 in. 4th could end up with 2 losses possibly or Notre Dame. That would put an 11-1 Big 12 Champion WVU in 4 team playoff. Either way Big 12 champ with 1 loss guaranteed in.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
PassionateCompassionateIvorybackedwoodswallow-size_restricted.gif

Texas will have probably 6 out of the top 10 players from the 2020 class as well as some key recruits for the 2019 class in Austin against West Virginia.

WV has to stop Sam Ehlinger from running the ball
This is easier said than done because of the size and ability of Texas' WRs WV will have to put the Safeties back over the top of the WR.

That leaves Will Grier having to face 6 DBs again, delayed blitzes and more importantly a physical DL that is 2 deep.

Last edited:
Reactions: lenny4wvu
We have to win all of our games before we can even be considered. We may need another team to lose also.....a more proven 2 loss team would get chosen above us I fear...

About as much of a chance as me and Keaton exchanging Xmas cards

With Ohio State losing to Purdue tonight perhaps WVU path just got back open. Nobody from Big 10 will be undefeated and Ohio State and Michigan may end up with 2 loses which eliminates Big 10. Ohio State still has Michigan State at home and at Michigan on schedule plus a Big 10 title. They barely beat a down TCU team and Bosa is done. Michigan still has OSU and at Penn State plus a potential Big 10 title. They lose 1 more.

I think Notre Dame slips up and loses to FSU or at USC. Notre Dame had no business barely beating Pitt recently. They are suspect and beatable.

Clemson won’t lose to anybody in terrible ACC. Their in. I think best scenario would be for Alabama to go undefeated and eliminate the rest of SEC with 2 loses or more. A 1 loss Big 12 champion will be 3 in. 4th could end up with 2 losses possibly or Notre Dame. That would put an 11-1 Big 12 Champion WVU in 4 team playoff. Either way Big 12 champ with 1 loss guaranteed in.
Barely beat TCU by 12 points, and took a knee deep in TCU territory late, so as to not run up the score? Ohio State plays AT Michigan State and home to the Skunk Weasels of Annie Arbor. As usual, facts escape you.

Ohio State gets Michigan at home and at Michigan State that’s correct. Either way they won’t run table. Ohio State will lose another. They got killed by a lousy team last night. TCU is a Big 12 bottom team this year. They are down this year. Ohio State had to work hard for that one.

Barely beat TCU by 12 points, and took a knee deep in TCU territory late, so as to not run up the score? Ohio State plays AT Michigan State and home to the Skunk Weasels of Annie Arbor. As usual, facts
Barely beat TCU by 12 points, and took a knee deep in TCU territory late, so as to not run up the score? Ohio State plays AT Michigan State and home to the Skunk Weasels of Annie Arbor. As usual, facts escape you.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe the whole B10 sucks this year and that OSU and UM might just be the least sucky of those teams? Michigan State is bad this year. Same for Wisconsin.

Reactions: countryroads89
It's not "if" we win out, it's "how" we win out. If somehow we look dominating the rest of the games, then timing will be on our side. BUT, I'm sorry, don't see us winning out after the last 3 game performance.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe the whole B10 sucks this year and that OSU and UM might just be the least sucky of those teams? Michigan State is bad this year. Same for Wisconsin.
"Bad" Michigan State won at Penn State. What's WVU's record in Happy Valley? I'll wait for your answer.

"Bad" Michigan State won at Penn State. What's WVU's record in Happy Valley? I'll wait for your answer.

You mean Penn State that had to struggle to beat Appalachian State...at Happy Valley?

By the way, I was actually waiting for that exact response. Thanks for not disappointing me.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
Iowa State at Ames at night >> Purdue
You're spinning like a top. Happy Valley's night time atmosphere blows Ames' away, but losing in Ames is more impressive than beating Penn State at night, in front of more than 100,000 screaming, white-clad fans? #Delusional

You're spinning like a top. Happy Valley's night time atmosphere blows Ames' away, but losing in Ames is more impressive than beating Penn State at night, in front of more than 100,000 screaming, white-clad fans? #Delusional

You quoted me in a post that I never mentioned PSU and yet made it about Happy Valley.

Re-read the post you quoted and then comment on that post. It’s not that hard.

Ohio State beat TCU, and TCU beat Iowa State, if you want to play that game.

P.S. Purdue's offense has been on fire since Blough replaced Sindelar at QB, so your obsession with Purdue's losses before Blough became Purdue's starting QB is idiotic.

P.S. Purdue's offense has been on fire since Blough replaced Sindelar at QB, so your obsession with Purdue's losses before Blough became Purdue's starting QB is idiotic.

You can say the same thing about Iowa State with Purdy.

Ditto for Purdy at ISU...keep reaching for that star kid.

BTW...good wins and bad losses to compare teams is hardly a new thing. The NCAA tourney and CFP committee do exactly that. Your transitive property argument is the tool of the weak minded.

Last edited:

The only reason ohio state beat TCU is because TCU self destructed. TCU was up by 5 and controlling the game. Then they gave ohio state two quick, back-to-back TDs.

LOL at TCU's allegedly giving Ohio State two TDs after having taken a five-point lead. Your memory is failing you, Country. The second TD allegedly gifted to tOSU after TCU had taken a five-point was the last of eight plays of a 75-yard drive by tOSU. Moreover, Ohio State had a first and goal with almost two minutes left in the game, and took a knee, so as to avoid scoring another touchdown, and winning by 19 points.

You can say the same thing about Iowa State with Purdy.
You're missing the point: I was responding to Steeler's obsession with Purdue's bad early season loss, which occurred with a different/inferior QB. Disregarding the difference that Blough has made in Purdue's offense is tantamount to saying that WVU's offense in 2017 was as good with Chugunov as it had been with Grier.

LOL at TCU's allegedly giving Ohio State two TDs after having taken a five-point lead. Your memory is failing you, Country. The second TD allegedly gifted to tOSU after TCU had taken a five-point was the last of eight plays of a 75-yard drive by tOSU. Moreover, Ohio State had a first and goal with almost two minutes left in the game, and took a knee, so as to avoid scoring another touchdown, and winning by 19 points.

Wrong.

TCU fumbled the snap on a punt deep in their own territory giving osu their first TD.
TCU handed a shuffle pass to the defensive end for osu inside their own 20 yard line for the second TD.

You're the only one with memory problems. Steal some more internet so you can watch a replay to freshen your memory.

Reactions: WVpride304
Wrong again, CountryTard. You posted, and I quote, "The only reason ohio state beat TCU is because TCU self destructed. TCU was up by 5 and controlling the game. Then they gave ohio state two quick, back-to-back TDs." TCU was never ahead by 5 points, but it was up by 8 points before it "gave" (stupid talk) Ohio State a 63-yard passing TD. See below:

i

TD
10:43
Darius Anderson 16 Yd Run (Jonathan Song Kick)
3 plays, 52 yards, 0:53
13 21
i

TD
6:58
Parris Campbell 63 Yd pass from Dwayne Haskins (Two-Point Pass Conversion Failed)
2 plays, 63 yards, 0:16
19 21
i

TD
5:54
Dre'Mont Jones 28 Yd Interception Return (Sean Nuernberger Kick)
3 plays, 5 yards, 1:04
26 21
i

TD
2:57
K.J. Hill 24 Yd pass from Dwayne Haskins (Sean Nuernberger Kick)
2 plays, 25 yards, 0:25
33 21

You mean Penn State that had to struggle to beat Appalachian State...at Happy Valley?

By the way, I was actually waiting for that exact response. Thanks for not disappointing me.
Toolbox isn't very smart or creative. We just accept that about him.

Last edited:
Wrong again, CountryTard. You posted, and I quote, "The only reason ohio state beat TCU is because TCU self destructed. TCU was up by 5 and controlling the game. Then they gave ohio state two quick, back-to-back TDs." TCU was never ahead by 5 points, but it was up by 8 points before it "gave" (stupid talk) Ohio State a 63-yard passing TD. See below:

i

TD
10:43
Darius Anderson 16 Yd Run (Jonathan Song Kick)
3 plays, 52 yards, 0:53
13 21
i

TD
6:58
Parris Campbell 63 Yd pass from Dwayne Haskins (Two-Point Pass Conversion Failed)
2 plays, 63 yards, 0:16
19 21
i

TD
5:54
Dre'Mont Jones 28 Yd Interception Return (Sean Nuernberger Kick)
3 plays, 5 yards, 1:04
26 21
i

TD
2:57
K.J. Hill 24 Yd pass from Dwayne Haskins (Sean Nuernberger Kick)
2 plays, 25 yards, 0:25
33 21

Thanks for proving my point. TCU self destructed after dominating the game with an 8-point lead.

Overrated.

It's not "if" we win out or "how" we win out, it's we aren't winning out.
Well you did cut out the last sentence of my post that pretty much says the same as you:

"BUT, I'm sorry, don't see us winning out after the last 3 game performance."

ADVERTISEMENT