ATHLON SPORTS – Camping World - NC State vs.West Virginia

CBS SPORTS – Alamo Bowl - West Virginia vs. Washington

SB NATION – LIBERTY BOWL – West Virginia vs. Auburn

SPORTING NEWS – Texas Bowl - West Virginia vs. Arizona

ESPNTEXAS BOWL – West Virginia vs. South Carolina

LIBERTY BOWL West Virginia vs. Mississippi State

SPORTS ILL. – LIBERTY BOWL – West Virginia vs. Kentucky

CFB NEWS: - LIBERTY BOWL – West Virginia vs. Auburn
Hmmmmm...6 out of 8 predict us vs. an $EC team...our odds against $ECTEAMS are pretty good...but I think we can do better than this... The next 3 games are gonna be VERY,VERY decisive. .in our future.

I'd like to see us kick some B10 arse .... but It doesn't look like a B12 - B1G matchup may be in the cards.

I would hate to see you match against a SEC West school.

When this conference plays anyone in the SEC West we have to win.

Much rather see WVU play an ACC school or SEC East school.

Throwing darts at names on the board would be as accurate as this stage. With 5 games left in the crazy Big 12 no one would bet the house on being right about WVU's bowl game and opponent.

Better to just enjoy the next 5 games although this does help while away the long, long hours till the Oklahoma State kickoff in Mountaineer Field. I'll be there as usual. Got my "Country Roads" voice warmed up for the post-victory singing.

M istakes by special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss
to Virginia Tech, 31
O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20
U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16
N ot sharp but beat Kansas, 56-34
T ops statistically but tough loss to TCU, 31-24
A mbushed Texas Tech, 46-35, with 20:49 minute goose egg
I nvincible to inept, nipped Baylor, 38-36
N ullify Oklahoma State
E rectile dysfunction Iowa State
E masculate Kansas State
R eam Texas
S hock Oklahoma

Throwing darts at names on the board would be as accurate as this stage. With 5 games left in the crazy Big 12 no one would bet the house on being right about WVU's bowl game and opponent.

Better to just enjoy the next 5 games although this does help while away the long, long hours till the Oklahoma State kickoff in Mountaineer Field. I'll be there as usual. Got my "Country Roads" voice warmed up for the post-victory singing.

M istakes by special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss
to Virginia Tech, 31
O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20
N ullify Oklahoma State
E masculate Kansas State
R eam Texas
S hock Oklahoma

I think WVU needs to play an ACC school like a Virgina.
When they beat them people in Virginia will know and West Virgina can establish a recruiting footprint there.
Even Kentucky would be good as well. If West Virginia can steal some Kentucky recruits it would be good for this conference

When we lose the next two....those bowls won't look as good.
Wash your computer out with soap. It's the Big 12. No one knows who will win or lose games this season. WVU could be 7-2 or 5-4 and I wouldn't be surprised either way. I'd be elated at 7-2 because Oklahoma State is formidable and Iowa State is having a miracle season. I would be disappointed if my alma mater lost both homes games, though.

If WVU loses both games, I'm blaming ye of little faith.

M istakes by special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 31-24

O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20:sunglasses:

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Why not NC State? Great top 20 match up! WVU is 0-1 against the ACC. Be good to even the record to
1-1 no?
We’re already playing NC State next September, it would be a waste of the bowl. I wouldn’t want to face Tennessee for the same reason.

We’re already playing NC State next September, it would be a waste of the bowl. I wouldn’t want to face Tennessee for the same reason.

Fair but that game this year would be really good. A lot could happen between this year and next. Like QB going pro.

That's a good point and I agree. I'd like to see the Mountaineers play against either a PAC 12 or SEC in a Bowl game. There are very few ACC opponents that would interest me outside of FSU.

But all this prediction and speculation is all for not if The Mountaineers don't finish the season strong.

Big 12 CFP Contract Bowl Qualifier - The Big 12 champion will earn the Conference's automatic berth for its CFP contract bowl slot. (The Big 12 is contracted to the Sugar Bowl for its Champion, unless the Sugar is a CFP Semi-final game, which it is this year. So the Big 12 Champion may/may not get the Sugar Bowl this year if a Big 12 team is not selected for the final four.)

Additional Big 12 Teams in the CFP

If a Big 12 team(s) is rated in the top four of the CFP, it will play in one of the semifinals. This does not affect the Big 12 designee being placed in a CFP New Year's Bowl if it is not one of the top four teams. There is not a limit on the number of teams from one conference that can be placed in CFP bowls. Additional Big 12 teams may be selected for other CFP New Year's bowls based on their ranking in the final CFP Poll. (The most likely scenario is that if a Big 12 team is in the final four, then the CCG runner-up could get a NYD bowl; most likely the Peach or Fiesta this year. Although, if the Big 12 is shut out again this year the slot would go to the Conference Champion.)

Big 12 Bowl Partners

Once the CFP has filled its bowl slots, Big 12 bowl partners will make selections from the remaining bowl eligible teams. Following is the order of selection. A bowl may pick from any available teams when it reaches its spot in the selection order.
Valero Alamo (Pac12)
Camping World (ACC)
AdvoCare V100 Texas (SEC)
AutoZone Liberty (SEC)
Cactus (Pac12)
Zaxby's Heart of Dallas (B10)

(Unless a Big 12 team is a Conference Champion and/or selected for a Semi-final or NYD game the other Big 12 Bowls select teams based on the above order and against a team from the opposing conference. So the projections from the media assume that the next best team record gets the best slot in the picking order. Those picking WVU for the Alamo or Camping World bowls are bullish on the Mountaineers, those selecting Texas, Liberty or Cactus bowls for WVU see at least 2-3 additional losses this season.)

Don't have to worry about that, Tennessee isn't making a bowl this year. I wouldn't mind playing Florida in a bowl game. Grier would want to kick their ass and I think Florida sucks.

Don't have to worry about that, Tennessee isn't making a bowl this year. I wouldn't mind playing Florida in a bowl game. Grier would want to kick their ass and I think Florida sucks.
I hadn't thought about them, Numbers. That might be a good call, Florida is a team I think we could beat. Of course, they may not be a sure thing for bowl season, either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT