ADVERTISEMENT

WVU bowl game has drawn the most viewers so far

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
West Virginia vs. Miami has drawn the most TV viewers of any bowl so far, 4.252 million viewers.

Ratings mean money to TV so that will help WVU get better bowls in the future.

Worst bowl viewership so far: Tulsa vs. Central Michigan, 794,000 viewers! Test pattern would draw better!

North Carolina State vs. Vanderbilt, 1.270 million.

Old Dominion vs. Eastern Michigan, 1.37 million.

New Mexico vs. Texas San Antonia, 1.48 million.

Memphis vs. Western Kentucky, 1.58 million.

Army vs. North Texas not much better, 1.615 million.

Louisiana Tech vs. Navy, 2.34 million.

Troy vs. Ohio University, 2.51 million.

That isn’t going to make much money for TV. But ESPN owns or operates more than a dozen of the bowls, so maybe ESPN can squeeze out a profit since it’s collecting on both ends and we’ll be suck with 6-6 teams playing each other.

Kansas State at Texas A&M did well, at 3.791 million.

Pitt and Northwestern didn’t draw much, as usual, 2.425 million.

Hopefully you realize that the higher viewership is due to the fact that Miami was playing and has nothing to do with WVU. Miami is always a big TV draw, which is why we tend to get better bowl selections. Looks like the RAB's decision to pass up VT, UNC and Pitt in order to take Miami really paid off for them.

Reactions: dunnfad1
But I see someone who is....[WVU]

Well played.

Really, well played??

You do realize this report is for the CLC clients. It is also a 2014 stat. In addition, I do not see Ohio State on that list (BTW, like UM, they are not a CLC client either). A reasonable person would have to believe that an Ohio State would certainly be in that list, right? So google can be your friend and can cause some issues when not properly used.

Congrats on being on the CLC client list though. But, I am not sure you can equate being on a CLC Client list as a valid reason for such a high viewership. WV had a good season, but to say the 4+ million watched was because of this list or WV is a massive stretch . Again, a reasonable person would have to believe that UM and it's history had a little to do with it as well.

But since we are making up our own facts to not support the original post... UM shares the spotlight in FL with at least 4 other quality programs and still does extremely well. Oh and that is in addition to numerous Pro teams that all fight for the money for games, apparel and memorabilia as well. BTW, while we are spewing reports, June 2016 report shows UM at #9 apparel deal while WV is at #19.

But to ops point. The game was watched by many and is always helpful in getting bowl bids. However, you must win the big games and have a decent strength of schedule as well as beat quality opponents to get the top tier bowl.

As far as Game attendance, 2016 UM avg 58,572 (+23% over 2015, WV 57,583 (+5% over 2015).

Until we meet again, GO CANES!

People who buy apparel are most likely to watch the games. You couldn't figure that how?

BTW, what's home game attendance like at Miami?

Good Lord, are you really that stupid? People who buy gear are typically fans. However, fans of the teams playing aren't the only ones who watch games on television. Miami has a national brand that has always attracted viewers from across the country and other fan bases.

Really, well played??

You do realize this report is for the CLC clients. It is also a 2014 stat. In addition, I do not see Ohio State on that list (BTW, like UM, they are not a CLC client either). A reasonable person would have to believe that an Ohio State would certainly be in that list, right? So google can be your friend and can cause some issues when not properly used.

Congrats on being on the CLC client list though. But, I am not sure you can equate being on a CLC Client list as a valid reason for such a high viewership. WV had a good season, but to say the 4+ million watched was because of this list or WV is a massive stretch . Again, a reasonable person would have to believe that UM and it's history had a little to do with it as well.

But since we are making up our own facts to not support the original post... UM shares the spotlight in FL with at least 4 other quality programs and still does extremely well. Oh and that is in addition to numerous Pro teams that all fight for the money for games, apparel and memorabilia as well. BTW, while we are spewing reports, June 2016 report shows UM at #9 apparel deal while WV is at #19.

But to ops point. The game was watched by many and is always helpful in getting bowl bids. However, you must win the big games and have a decent strength of schedule as well as beat quality opponents to get the top tier bowl.

As far as Game attendance, 2016 UM avg 58,572 (+23% over 2015, WV 57,583 (+5% over 2015).

Boom!!!

Good Lord, are you really that stupid? People who buy gear are typically fans. However, fans of the teams playing aren't the only ones who watch games on television. Miami has a national brand that has always attracted viewers from across the country and other fan bases.
You can't even draw 50,000 to a home game and you think people around the nation care?

Why are Miami fans still hanging around here???? Oh.....their 5 fans on their message board must be off the computer today.

Miami - 58,572

WVU - 57,583

Sorry buddy, but you are wrong.
You forgot the other part of the CBS article.

The Hurricanes' average of 58,572 was their best since 2004 (59,134) after spending many years over the past decade below 45,000.

Below 45,000? LMAO...who are you...Miami, Ohio?

Your place holds 65,000....ours 60,000 you figure it out who filled their stadium more.

You forgot the other part of the CBS article.

The Hurricanes' average of 58,572 was their best since 2004 (59,134) after spending many years over the past decade below 45,000.

Below 45,000? LMAO...who are you...Miami, Ohio?

Your place holds 65,000....ours 60,000 you figure it out who filled their stadium more.

LOL, we're talking about 2016 attendance, and it was better than yours.

Miami has a far better football team and a far better football program, and a far better athletic program in general.

LOL, we're talking about 2016 attendance, and it was better than yours.

Miami has a far better football team and a far better football program, and a far better athletic program in general.
Right...what part of....your stadium holds more...don't you get?

And its okay to admit your attendance wasn't much better than a MAC team the last 10 years.

Right...what part of....your stadium holds more...don't you get?

And its okay to admit your attendance wasn't much better than a MAC team the last 10 years.

Who cares if our stadium holds more? What does that matter? We had better attendance this year than WVU. Simple.

Also, why should I give a shit about attendance anyway? It's irrelevant. Miami's football program makes far more money than WVU's, and we just delittled you fools on national TV.

Who cares if our stadium holds more? What does that matter? We had better attendance this year than WVU. Simple.

Also, why should I give a shit about attendance anyway? It's irrelevant. Miami's football program makes far more money than WVU's, and we just delittled you fools on national TV.

Why are you here? Please, be gone!

Well...I know Canes fans aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer....but a larger stadium means more attendance....you always deflect when you are made to look stupid...plus you brought up the attendance dumbass.

And we? how many tackles did you make in the win?

The only simple thing around here is you skip! It is quite telling that your own fanbase message board 'friends' deride you at every opportunity. Be gone with you...

Well...I know Canes fans aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer....but a larger stadium means more attendance....you always deflect when you are made to look stupid...plus you brought up the attendance dumbass.

And we? how many tackles did you make in the win?

No CAJUNEER brought up attendance.

Yes, we. You get to say "we" when you donate money to your program.

The only simple thing around here is you skip! It is quite telling that your own fanbase message board 'friends' deride you at every opportunity. Be gone with you...

LOL, those home board turds? LOL, they get banned on the regular. I live rent free in their heads.

WVU athletics generated $90.5 million for the most recent fiscal year and showed a $4 million profit. Link I cannot find the athletic budget of Miami as it is a private school. Without getting into a fan pissing match over attendance or anything else, can you enlighten me regarding UM athletic finances? Pure curiosity.

Really, well played??

So a report from the same company is flawed and irrelevant in 2014 but relevant in 2016? Wow. Nice cherry picking.

Go fill your own stadium for a season before you go squawking your bullshit.

You can't even draw 50,000 to a home game and you think people around the nation care?

There are a few more things to do in Miami (which is 1/4 the enrollment of WVU and a private school) than to go to the local video poker machines between widget making shifts......LOL

Why are Miami fans still hanging around here???? Oh.....their 5 fans on their message board must be off the computer today.

Actually have 3k+ on The War Room right now, did you just make that up our of thin air? Canesport is a top 10 rivals netwrok, which I know to be a fact as I am a reseller of their brand out of Nashville.

So, you guys have been wrong about everything in this thread.......you also just got boat raced in Orlando after talking smack at a charity event for kids...........your coach looked like he just had his 4th bag of meth and it was only the 2nd quarter (Give him credit, it was a 21 pt and 200 yard quarter) and the only thing you have to show for it is maybe.......and just maybe a degree from a West Virginia State school that would get laughed out of the fugging room in Silicon Valley, New York, Boston, Miami, Europe or anywhere in the progressive world.

Did I miss anything?

"You sure got a pretty mouth"

The OP, God bless, him is delusional

Let's see if the mods on this site have the journalistic integrity to leave this thread up. Our 5 person site run by Gary Ferman would. We have not broken any of this boards rules....

Actually have 3k+ on The War Room right now, did you just make that up our of thin air? Canesport is a top 10 rivals netwrok, which I know to be a fact as I am a reseller of their brand out of Nashville.

So, you guys have been wrong about everything in this thread.......you also just got boat raced in Orlando after talking smack at a charity event for kids...........your coach looked like he just had his 4th bag of meth and it was only the 2nd quarter (Give him credit, it was a 21 pt and 200 yard quarter) and the only thing you have to show for it is maybe.......and just maybe a degree from a West Virginia State school that would get laughed out of the fugging room in Silicon Valley, New York, Boston, Miami, Europe or anywhere in the progressive world.

Did I miss anything?

Go back to Cuba.

Thanks, Canes interlopers, for reminding me how much classier the fans are in the Big 12 than in the Big East with Miami.

Makes me appreciate today better than the Big East days.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Like being on a wvu board huh? Beaches, surf, sun, t&a, but you are on the mountaineer board lol

There are a few more things to do in Miami (which is 1/4 the enrollment of WVU and a private school) than to go to the local video poker machines between widget making shifts......LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT