ADVERTISEMENT

WVU basketball team is at a crossroads. Up or down from here?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
I’M REALLY DISAPPOINTED IN WVU’S PERFORMANCE AGAINST XAVIER. NOT THAT THEY LOST BUT THAT THEY CONTINUED THEIR CARELESS BALL-HANDLING AND PASSING THAT WASN’T ENOUGH TO COST THEM VICTORIES AGAINST LESSER TEAMS.

AND IN THE BIG 12 AND FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON, WVU WILL NOT BE PLAYING LESSER TEAMS.

IF THIS ISN’T A WAKEUP CALL FOR THIS COLLECTION OF 7 TRANSFERS TO MORGANTOWN FROM OTHER COLLEGES, I DON’T KNOW WHAT WOULD BE.

IT’S UP TO THE PLAYERS TO GET THEIR HEADS ON STRAIGHT, PLAY AS A TEAM, PASS BETTER, HANDLE THE BALL BETTER, STOP ALLOWING LAYUPS. WHAT LOOKED LIKE A PROMISING SEASON COULD FIZZLE.

I’M SURE HUGGINS WILL DO ALL HE CAN TO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN. BUT THE PLAYERS, AS TALENTED AS THEY ARE INDIVIDUALLY, HAVE TO COME TOGETHER AS ONE UNIT, KEEP THEIR HEADS ON STRAIGHT. PASS AFTER PASS THAT GOES TO THE OTHER TEAM, WITHOUT BEING FORCED, IS INEXCUSABLE!

THE SEASON STILL CAN BE BRIGHT, OR DIM. IT’S UP TO THE PLAYERS WHO HAVE THE ABILITY BUT HAVE TO PLAY AND THINK SMARTER.

How many times do you plan on cutting and pasting this same babble of words under new posts? TOS doesn't count Tallmadgeer.

I’m predicting an up and down year. Finishing middle of big 12 and being a bubble team. I’ll take it to be honest.

I’M REALLY DISAPPOINTED IN WVU’S PERFORMANCE AGAINST XAVIER. NOT THAT THEY LOST BUT THAT THEY CONTINUED THEIR CARELESS BALL-HANDLING AND PASSING THAT WASN’T ENOUGH TO COST THEM VICTORIES AGAINST LESSER TEAMS.

AND IN THE BIG 12 AND FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON, WVU WILL NOT BE PLAYING LESSER TEAMS.

IF THIS ISN’T A WAKEUP CALL FOR THIS COLLECTION OF 7 TRANSFERS TO MORGANTOWN FROM OTHER COLLEGES, I DON’T KNOW WHAT WOULD BE.

IT’S UP TO THE PLAYERS TO GET THEIR HEADS ON STRAIGHT, PLAY AS A TEAM, PASS BETTER, HANDLE THE BALL BETTER, STOP ALLOWING LAYUPS. WHAT LOOKED LIKE A PROMISING SEASON COULD FIZZLE.

I’M SURE HUGGINS WILL DO ALL HE CAN TO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN. BUT THE PLAYERS, AS TALENTED AS THEY ARE INDIVIDUALLY, HAVE TO COME TOGETHER AS ONE UNIT, KEEP THEIR HEADS ON STRAIGHT. PASS AFTER PASS THAT GOES TO THE OTHER TEAM, WITHOUT BEING FORCED, IS INEXCUSABLE!

THE SEASON STILL CAN BE BRIGHT, OR DIM. IT’S UP TO THE PLAYERS WHO HAVE THE ABILITY BUT HAVE TO PLAY AND THINK SMARTER.
Are you really this stupid? Xavier was favored to win. Xavier wins 84% of games in their building. Little early for wakeup calls. There are 5 pansies left and then Auburn in Jan. For OOC. All 6 at home. Could be 12-2 in OOC games that leaves the ability to finish 8-10 in conference play. That's NCAA eligible an probably a 6 to 8 seed.

No one, including me, knows whether it will be up or down. I do see it more likely to be up. 7 strangers need time to become a family and work as the tenacles of one octopus. We all hope Huggins pulls off a national title, finally, right?

I predict 8-10 in Big 12 and a 6 to 8 seed in tournament.
If we finish 8-10 in the Big 12, that probably would mean 19-12 going in to the Big 12 tourney (correct?).........and I don't think that it a 6 seed, but possibly an 8 or 9 seed. I'll take it.

If we finish 8-10 in the Big 12, that probably would mean 19-12 going in to the Big 12 tourney (correct?).........and I don't think that it a 6 seed, but possibly an 8 or 9 seed. I'll take it.

AFTER ONE BAD PERFORMANCE I HAVEN'T GIVEN UP ON 20 TO 25 VICTORIES YET. IF WE GET MORE PURDUES AND FEWER XAVIERS FROM OUR PLAYS WE'LL GET THERE. LONG WAY TO MARCH MADNESS.

No one, including me, knows whether it will be up or down. I do see it more likely to be up. 7 strangers need time to become a family and work as the tenacles of one octopus. We all hope Huggins pulls off a national title, finally, right?
Kentucky did it for years when their players would play 1 year and go to the NBA and have to do it again with 7 new guys.

This new 7 guys have been together all summer. They have 2 losses to two very good teams in #5 Purdue and a favored Xavier team on their home floor where they win 84% of their games.

An octopus has eight appendages, each of which has rows of suckers running its length. But these are not tentacles. In strict anatomical terms, they are arms. A tentacle has suckers only on its pad shaped ending. Squid and cuttlefish have arms, but also tentacles. (look it up mr I'm a writer)

Reactions: Rootmaster

Thank you Skippy Bayless for that report.

Huggins has to stop throwing his players under the bus post-game. That serves no constructive purpose. He's had those tendencies in the past, and he just needs to do the ass chewing and criticisms during practices. Putting a barrier between coach and players is the first step toward disaster. Coach during games, get in the face during practices.

Too, get that stool over to the bench and not in the appearance area of aloofness from the team. Assume the position of head coach, if there is a drift to be gotten here.

This team has talent...keep putting those building blocks together. It has has a chance at being something special.

Reactions: WVU-SE
Huggins wants to know what happened to your 5000-dollar check that you say you send in on an annual basis.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Huggins wants to know what happened to your 5000-dollar check that you say you send in on an annual basis.

BET $10 GRAND THAT I DIDN'T DO IT. WHEN I SHOW YOU THE COPY OF THE DEPOSITED CHECK THEN WVU WILL HAVE TWICE AS MUCH MONEY. HOW MUCH HAVE YOU CONTRIBUTED TO WVU IN THE PAST 40 YEARS?

Kentucky did it for years when their players would play 1 year and go to the NBA and have to do it again with 7 new guys.

This new 7 guys have been together all summer. They have 2 losses to two very good teams in #5 Purdue and a favored Xavier team on their home floor where they win 84% of their games.

An octopus has eight appendages, each of which has rows of suckers running its length. But these are not tentacles. In strict anatomical terms, they are arms. A tentacle has suckers only on its pad shaped ending. Squid and cuttlefish have arms, but also tentacles. (look it up mr I'm a writer)
The difference is Kentucky replaces seven 5-stars with seven more 5-stars. WV doesn't start with any 5 stars and they don't replace those that leave with 5 stars.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Methinks all y'all WV fans need to take a deep breath. You can do that a whole lot easier if you remove your nose from tHuggs' you know what. The season is young, but if they can keep up the wins against real competition in the B12 then you've got something to crow about.

The difference is Kentucky replaces seven 5-stars with seven more 5-stars. WV doesn't start with any 5 stars and they don't replace those that leave with 5 stars.
Shouldn't you read the entire thread so you don't come off so stupid.

Methinks all y'all WV fans need to take a deep breath. You can do that a whole lot easier if you remove your nose from tHuggs' you know what. The season is young, but if they can keep up the wins against real competition in the B12 then you've got something to crow about.
I think you should jump off a high bridge with no shoot. WVU 8-10 conference record.

BET $10 GRAND THAT I DIDN'T DO IT. WHEN I SHOW YOU THE COPY OF THE DEPOSITED CHECK THEN WVU WILL HAVE TWICE AS MUCH MONEY. HOW MUCH HAVE YOU CONTRIBUTED TO WVU IN THE PAST 40 YEARS?
I have donated my fair share and will continue to do so unlike yourself who is going around saying no more.

ADVERTISEMENT