ADVERTISEMENT

WVU basketball legit Final 4 team. My breakdown after scrimmage.

This kid was a beast in the US camp this summer.
Probably will be a Top 10 pick in the NBA draft in June

JC is being replaced with 2 that have higher offensive skill. He will be replaced much easier than you think. We easily upgrade over Dax.

Miles would have been on bench as 6th man if Knapper were healthy last year.

I know talent and can evaluate cause I played and have been around the game and WVU my whole life.
eU6cpGv.gif

Senior Jevon Carter would have punked freshman Jevon Carter.

I am sure freshman Jevon Carter would have punked freshman Jordan McCabe.

Reactions: mountainear
McCabe had more turnovers than assists in the scrimmage 4:5.
McCabe also shot 2 for 9 from the field.

Both Knapper and McCabe are the chink in the armor for WV so far if all the reports are accurate.

WVUallen apparently you haven’t seen the new additions on top of all the excellent returning players and don’t follow hoops much! Best WVU team in many years. Deeper, more talent, better scoring.

WVUALLEN you will be a very happy WVU fan when you see us top 5 most of season. This is legit Final 4 team. WVU will win Big 12 next 2 years.

You need to hold your horse and keep your panties on tight. You don't just replace the top 2 players on your team and expect to be top 5 right off the bat. I'm saying you need to be patient with these guys and don't over hype the product. By Feb. this team will be on a roll.

Preseason Big 12 Basketball poll
Picked by the coaches
Team (first place votes) total points

1. Kansas (9)* 81
2. K-State 72
3. West Virginia 61
4 (tie). TCU 54
4 (tie). Texas 54
6. Iowa State 41
7. Texas Tech 36
8. Oklahoma 21
9. Baylor 20
10. Oklahoma State 10

* — Unanimous Selection

Airport Friday night don’t mean shit. I’m not going off that. Only jokes like you go off unorganized, glorified scrimmages. I know talent and can evaluate cause I played and have been around the game and WVU my whole life. This team is absolutely stacked. Never seen the roster so deep. Huggins has a special group lined up next 2 years. This is going to be special run, window.

Playing in a seven year old summer league does not make you a talent scout. Whole life? What is that? Like 15 years.

Dax scored 1,311 points. FACT.
Dax was a 4 year starter. FACT.
Dax had 177 steals. FACT.
Dax had 2:1 assist : TO ratio. FACT.
Dax scored 181 3s.
Go ask our coach if he was average. A true mountaineer who played his heart out here.

Your BS opinion is contradicted by actual facts. Keep making a fool of yourself. Or you can shut your trap.

Dax was an average player that every eye ball on WVU hoops often complained about. C’mon stop acting like he was some bigtime shooting guard. He couldn’t shoot and was a 6-1 shooting guard. He’s replaced already.

JC said it himself that Knapper was the toughest defender he played against. McCabe and Knapper are very good right now. They are going to be fun to watch and both can shoot the lights out. Beetle is a good rotation guard that is older and better than he was last year. Haley is a tall, talented JUCO guard added to the mix. We are very good at the 1-2 right now in October. We’re way deeper and better at the 3-4-5 than last year.

Townvandtsant you are right about the bracket with Villanova. If WVU was in the other brackets they would have made Final 4. I said that last March. Other than that the rest of your talk is just your own BS. You are just making your own crap up. It’s just your bad opinion. I’ve seen this a long time and this WVU team is going to be better than last years team. Konate has more help down low and we have good guards.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Dax started 4 years cause we didn’t recruit any good shooting guards and we couldn’t get past sweet 16 because of it. Dax was just an average player. Your delusional.

JC as a freshmen was not better than McCabe. Who fed you this bull shit? You can’t believe what you here by some claiming to act like they know. I know the real deal.

Last year we were not as loaded cause Knapper got hurt, Macon was gone and Esa was out 16 games. This year we are much better.

Also JC and Dax were not the best 2 players. The best 2 players were JC and Konate. Period. Knapper was going to take minutes from Dax if never injured.

Chill with this Dax was so great shit. He was average. I’m not running him down but he wasn’t the answer at shooting guard. The ones who argue with me on here are just delusional non athlete losers. They don’t know anything.

Playing basketball doesn't give you any insight into the game.

I have played basketball with people who claimed they have and can play and they have zero feel for the game. Meaning moving without the ball and spacing.

Things that don't show up in the stats.
Then you try to explain things to them about moving the ball fast and hitting the cutter they get upset because of their ego.

That is just half the game. What about the other half.
Defense.

I can already tell you think the best player on the court is the one shooting and scoring the ball..
That tells me all I need to know about your basketball IQ.

I'll put my football, basketball and baseball IQ up against yours any day of the week

Reactions: GetWithTheTimesMan
Didnt want to start a new thread, but Jevon Carter is demoted to G league for now. I thought for sure he was going to stick to the roster but he's going to have to keep imroving his game to actually play in the real NBA.

I recently talked with a member of the staff and it’s funny we both felt the same way about all of this. Stick with me if you want to know something. This is a way better team this year. Hands down. Period.

JC got owned by Brunson in that sweet 16 game. We needed points, scoring from JC and he couldn’t deliver. Can’t finish. I’d be shocked if he last in NBA past 2 years. He also must stay healthy. He had a offseason full of injuries. He can’t afford any setbacks.

WVU will replace him much quicker than you think. WVU needs better offense to get to Final 4. Huggs has recruited better offense and it’s going to happen now. The roster is stacked and Dax has been upgraded, replaced already. McCabe, Knapper, Beetle, Haley will be very good. The rest of the team is way more loaded. Guards have lots of help they didn’t have before. Not like this. You’ll see.

McCabe will not be Big XII Freshman of the Year....

Didn't you say the same thing about Dante Stills

Not attacking any of them. Stills will eventually be a beast but McCabe has nothing on some of these top recruits brought in elsewhere.

I am unfortunately needing to agree. McCabe will not be playing much until he can learn to play Huggins level of defense. By the time he’s a junior, he will be great.

I recently talked with a member of the staff and it’s funny we both felt the same way about all of this. Stick with me if you want to know something. This is a way better team this year. Hands down. Period.

You really need to stop. There are actually some intelligent posters on here and you make us look bad.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
While I'm excited about the continued success and future of our basketball team this thread is very nauseating to read. Were going to have a few bumps this year with all the new guys. The first game against Buffalo will be a buzz saw

Didnt want to start a new thread, but Jevon Carter is demoted to G league for now. I thought for sure he was going to stick to the roster but he's going to have to keep imroving his game to actually play in the real NBA.

He wasn't "demoted" to the G League.

Jevon made the 15 man Grizzlies roster. He did not make the 13-man dress roster, meaning he was in street clothes to start the season. Being that, the Grizzlies sent him to work out in the G-League affiliate team's training camp to stay in shape since he's not dressing for them at the moment.

I think people believe NBA teams conduct a lot of practice during the season............. they don't. It's all walk throughs for the scouting report and getting shots up.

If you're not playing, it's tough to keep your cardio. For a guy like Jevon, that's a must.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
That team got breaks and then played an inexperienced but talented Kentucky squad. Before UK they played double digit seeds.

If WV is matched up against a team like Nevada in the tournament in won't be pretty.

To say the Final 4 is happening without seeing how much Carter and Miles will be missed is outrageous.

What NCAA doesn't getbreaks on their way to final 4. That is how it happens for everyone.

You mean the 35-3 UK team #2 in rankings and a #1 seed in the tourney was inexperienced? John Wall The #1 pick in the draft by the Wizzard in 2010. Patrick Patterson, Demarcus Cousins, The UK team that had 8 NBA players drafted. No I don't think so.

WVU match up against Nevada would be a W for WVU. Nevada got their proverbial butts kicked Sunday in an exhibition game by Washington.

https://nevadawolfpack.com/news/201...a-drops-exhibition-contest-to-washington.aspx

WVU may not be a final 4 as of yet. But it's a long season. Time will tell.

He wasn't "demoted" to the G League.

Jevon made the 15 man Grizzlies roster. He did not make the 13-man dress roster, meaning he was in street clothes to start the season. Being that, the Grizzlies sent him to work out in the G-League affiliate team's training camp to stay in shape since he's not dressing for them at the moment.

I think people believe NBA teams conduct a lot of practice during the season............. they don't. It's all walk throughs for the scouting report and getting shots up.

If you're not playing, it's tough to keep your cardio. For a guy like Jevon, that's a must.

Most on here have no idea what the G League is or what it's for.

If Dax is 6-3 then Sags is legit 6-8 or 6-9.

Mounty99 not sure how much you follow but McCabe is not a year away from anything. He’s very good now and may start at some point. He’s going to play at a pretty high level for a freshmen. Also Knapper is a older redshirt freshmen. He’s going to impact now. He’s good now.

Beetle, Haley are also pretty good guards now. Harler improved a lot. We are loaded and the guards have big support from dominant 3-4-5 spots. Down low we are stacked which helps the guards.

I follow very close that's how I know this year is going to be a learning experience for him. He will have some moments this year but physically isn't ready.

What NCAA doesn't getbreaks on their way to final 4. That is how it happens for everyone.

You mean the 35-3 UK team #2 in rankings and a #1 seed in the tourney was inexperienced? John Wall The #1 pick in the draft by the Wizzard in 2010. Patrick Patterson, Demarcus Cousins, The UK team that had 8 NBA players drafted. No I don't think so.

WVU match up against Nevada would be a W for WVU. Nevada got their proverbial butts kicked Sunday in an exhibition game by Washington.

https://nevadawolfpack.com/news/201...a-drops-exhibition-contest-to-washington.aspx

WVU may not be a final 4 as of yet. But it's a long season. Time will tell.

Do you understand inexperienced but talented.
Wall and Cousins were freshman.
Great players. Top 5 picks but 18-19 year olds.
Besides that year with Anthony Davis Calipari and his super freshman teams have not won.
There is something to that.
You need some grown men on the court.

Scrimmage.....

tenor.gif

Nevada is very good. They can rotate defensively 1-5.
They can rotate offensively 1-5. All can dribble, pass, run the court and shoot.

Plus they added some height.
They are a NBA style team in CBB.

I disagree about McCabe. I’ve seen him against high level recently as late summer and the other night. He’s going to be pretty damn good as a freshmen. You’ll see.

Dax started 4 years cause we didn’t recruit any good shooting guards and we couldn’t get past sweet 16 because of it. Dax was just an average player. Your delusional.

JC as a freshmen was not better than McCabe. Who fed you this bull shit? You can’t believe what you here by some claiming to act like they know. I know the real deal.

Last year we were not as loaded cause Knapper got hurt, Macon was gone and Esa was out 16 games. This year we are much better.

Also JC and Dax were not the best 2 players. The best 2 players were JC and Konate. Period. Knapper was going to take minutes from Dax if never injured.

You are certifiable dude. If we are lucky, our guard play is 90% if what is was last year come B12 tournament time. Good senior guards are money in the bank.

Do you understand inexperienced but talented.
Wall and Cousins were freshman.
Great players. Top 5 picks but 18-19 year olds.
Besides that year with Anthony Davis Calipari and his super freshman teams have not won.
There is something to that.
You need some grown men on the court.

Scrimmage.....

tenor.gif

Nevada is very good. They can rotate defensively 1-5.
They can rotate offensively 1-5. All can dribble, pass, run the court and shoot.

Plus they added some height.
They are a NBA style team in CBB.

Let me know when your new super favorite team Nevada actually wins something.

Let me know when your new super favorite team Nevada actually wins something.

They are a Sweet 16 team from last with everyone back.
Last year's run wasn't some fluke thing.
They are a legitimate Final 4 team.

Like I said they are not a team anyone wants to play in the Sweet 16.
I would rather play a team with a bunch of 5 star freshman than Nevada

Sweet sixteen where Loyola–Chicago said you're not that good Nevada. Can't be the best unless you beat the best, and Nevada ain't the best.

Nevada is so experienced only 1 senior on the team gave any production at all.

Let me know if they can repeat that sweet 16 again. I'm thinking they don't. They will be so legitimate they will watch the final 4 from home. Their a one time pretender like Loyola.

Sweet sixteen where Loyola–Chicago said you're not that good Nevada. Can't be the best unless you beat the best, and Nevada ain't the best.

Nevada is so experienced only 1 senior on the team gave any production at all.

Let me know if they can repeat that sweet 16 again. I'm thinking they don't. They will be so legitimate they will watch the final 4 from home. Their a one time pretender like Loyola.

What are you talking about...
They have both of the Martins back
Jordan Caroline
Lindsey Drew
They added size with two players.

Caroline and the Martin twins are probably 3 of the best 10-15 players in college basketball right now.

Point is the last two years WV had better teams than this year's team but had horrible Sweet 16 matchups.

Gonzaga in 17
Villanova in 18

I don't think WV is as good this year so like I said it will be all about how the bracket lines up.

If teams like Nevada and Gonzaga are the matchup in the Sweet 16 I think WV could fall.

Or like in 16 with young guards they could fall early if they have a tough matchup in the first Two rounds.

If you have WV as anything more than a Sweet 16 ceiling until you see them you have unreasonable expectations

Dude WVU is better this year then the previous couple years but you are correct that they got in hardest bracket playing a very good Gonzaga team 2 years ago out west and then Nova last year. Still though this WVU team is much better and deeper. Talent is way better.

Last years team got screwed when Macon didn’t return and Esa got suspended 16 games along with Knapper being out with knee injury. Those were big blows. With a healthy Knapper and Macon returning they would have been legit Final 4.

Dude WVU is better this year then the previous couple years but you are correct that they got in hardest bracket playing a very good Gonzaga team 2 years ago out west and then Nova last year. Still though this WVU team is much better and deeper. Talent is way better.

Last years team got screwed when Macon didn’t return and Esa got suspended 16 games along with Knapper being out with knee injury. Those were big blows. With a healthy Knapper and Macon returning they would have been legit Final 4.

I will give you credit you are persistent.

You are like one of those Mormon missionaries going house to house but no one opens the door.

tenor.gif

Reactions: WVUFanForever
Ok. Just wait and see how the team turns out. They will be much better than the previous 2 years easy. This is best team since Final 4 team. Next 2 years are Final 4 caliber. Oscar and roster will be stacked next year as well. Put your seatbelt on.

WV should be good in the future but a lot of other Big XII schools are recruiting at a high level for 2019 commits.
Both Oklahoma schools and TCU are bringing in Top 15 classes.
So to say that WV is clearly the cream of the crop is untrue.
Basketball is harder to win than Football in this conference.

Let’s agree the Big 12 is a damn good basketball conference in the modern day high level D1 that has been watered down the last 20 years with early entry crap.

With WVU, Kansas loaded and KSU returning all 5 starters this will be fun.

ADVERTISEMENT