ADVERTISEMENT

WVU basketball legit Final 4 team. My breakdown after scrimmage.

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
I was blown away with how loaded we are from top to bottom. We literally have 15 players that could contribute. Deepest team in decades. Like Bob said we got a chance. I agree. Legit Final 4, National title contender.

Konate—Older, better, added better offense
Logan Routt—Bigger, stronger, better, experienced. He will play.
Derek Culver—Bigtime talent and NBA future. Athletic and legit 6-10. Dunk machine. He’s going to help us.
Andrew Gordon—Very athletic big man. If knee stays healthy he’s instant impact help in rotation.
Esa—Older, smarter, better. His best year will be as a senior. He’s in best shape of life.
Wes Harris—He’s older, better. His offense is developing. A good rotation player that will start many games. He will hit 3s betters. He’s improved.
Lamont West—He looks better overall. He’s healthier. He’s going to be a starter or top bench player.
Emmit Mathews—has upside, talent and next year will be very good. Just needs to get stronger. He is legit 6-7 or taller and long arms. Should be a breakout player next year.
Jermaine Haley—Legit 6-6 to 6-7 and can handle the ball like he’s 6-1. Very talented, tall ball handler that can drive coast to coast with the dribble. He’s going to help us right now. Tall guard to throw at teams. Legit ball handler at that size wow. Good instant help JUCO recruit.
Trey Doomes—Athletic kid that can defend and play in Press Virginia. He has lots of work to do on shooting and overall offense plus getting stronger but next year will help us more. He is not going to play much this year unless it’s in the press. This will be a good development year for Trey. Should be much improved for next year. Redshirt???
Taevon Horton—He’s a little ahead of Doomes because he’s strong already and can shoot the ball. Horton could give us minutes now in the Press Virginia. He’s a strong, athletic guard and a true Press Virginia guy like Doomes. He could get minutes or redshirt. Actually a redshirt would be great for Doomes and Horton. They have potential and will help us win games here. Redshirt is win win for both Horton, Doomes. They will be good down the road. Although Huggins May turn up the pressure with all the depth and play everybody. The roster is stacked like never before. This will be fun.
Beetle Bolden—He’s older and become a great leader as a redshirt junior. Beetle is going to be even better. He can defend and shoot the lights out.
Chase Harler—Could be most improved player. I’m glad he stuck it out cause he will help us more now. He literally is flat out older, better. He must have worked his ass off.
Brandon Knapper—A really good guard that can play point guard or shooting guard. He’s an older redshirt freshmen that is finally healthy. If Knapper can stay healthy he will be a starter. He can dribble, shoot, defend. He’s good in half court or in the full court. We literally have 4-5 guards that are good enough to start. Turn up the pressure. Press Virginia is going to be even better.
Jordon McCabe—Mature, talented freshmen that plays older. The kid is all what he’s cracked up to be. Big recruit is living up to the billing. It’s going to be hard to keep him out of starting lineup he’s that good. A true point guard that can pass it but can shoot the lights out. He is teams best ball handler now already. He should be a top freshmen nationally. Special young player. Instant impact folks. Real deal. Get ready.

Overall 15 deep. I’m highly impressed with Chase Harler improvement. He’s going to help us more. Knapper and McCabe are instant impacts. We have replaced JC, Dax with talent and better depth. Plus the big guys are way better. This is a legit Final 4 team and may win the whole damn thing. This may be the year. Stacked roster like never before.

Don’t be worried about hoops. This years team is absolutely loaded. They got a chance to win the whole damn thing.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
After that Iowa State game, I have reached the 12th stage of loss. We will not win a NC in football.

That being said, this team has a legit chance if our guards can do 90% of what last years team did in terms of offense, ball handling and leadership...although I think Sags is now the Alpha on this team.

Leadership in the backcourt is better to have once you get to the Sweet 16.

Think WV is a Sweet 16 team.

The Kansas schools are the only legit Final 4 teams.

I have an idea ...... Why not try to win the regular season title, then try to finally finish the deal in the conference tournament first?

Just a thought.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Townsvansandt apparently you don’t know the situation. WVU is stacked. Even Kansas probably won’t be lucky enough to beat this loaded WVU roster.

Good players are coming to WVU because it’s a every year sweet 16 power that makes a Big 12 titles. They now are ready to take things to a higher level. WVU and Kansas are 1-2 in Big 12. This year WVU wins.

Townsvansandt apparently you don’t know the situation. WVU is stacked. Even Kansas probably won’t be lucky enough to beat this loaded WVU roster.

Good players are coming to WVU because it’s a every year sweet 16 power that makes a Big 12 titles. They now are ready to take things to a higher level. WVU and Kansas are 1-2 in Big 12. This year WVU wins.

You actually think you are clever is the funny thing.
Setting the bar high to only come in later and beat down WV for not reaching these delusional expectations.

No WV is not a for sure Final 4 team like they were never a for sure CFP team.

Things could break their way like they did Loyola Chicago last year but in all reality they are a Sweet 16 team without the backcourt leadership to get them any further.

You don't just replace a Jevon Carter.

JC is being replaced with 2 that have higher offensive skill. He will be replaced much easier than you think. We easily upgrade over Dax.

The rest of the roster is older, better and more depth, talent. WVU basketball is better than WVU football. We are becoming elite. This year we win the Big 12 and make the Final 4.

In football we got dippy Dana. In basketball we got Huggs building something special. It’s built now. WVU may win Big 12 two years in a row.

JC is being replaced with 2 that have higher offensive skill. He will be replaced much easier than you think. We easily upgrade over Dax.

The rest of the roster is older, better and more depth, talent. WVU basketball is better than WVU football. We are becoming elite. This year we win the Big 12 and make the Final 4.

You are clueless.

Carter 37 games
Avg points 17.3
RBS 4.6
AST 6.6
Steals 3
FG% 42
3 Pt% 39.3
FT% 80
TO 1.8

Miles
APT 12.9
RB 2.8
AST 3.1
STL 1.3
FG% 44.7
3 PT% 34
FT% 74
TO 1.1

The 2 will be missed often.

Our last Final 4 team’s Alpha definitely wasn’t a guard.

That team got breaks and then played an inexperienced but talented Kentucky squad.
Before UK they played double digit seeds.

If WV is matched up against a team like Nevada in the tournament in won't be pretty.

To say the Final 4 is happening without seeing how much Carter and Miles will be missed is outrageous.

That team got breaks and then played an inexperienced but talented Kentucky squad.
Before UK they played double digit seeds.

If WV is matched up against a team like Nevada in the tournament in won't be pretty.

To say the Final 4 is happening without seeing how much Carter and Miles will be missed is outrageous.

You mean the one with John Wall and Boogie Cousins.

Here’s your sign. Make sure the side saying “clueless troll” is facing out.

I’m not saying we’re a final four team, but if we can get some surprise production from the guards we can. This front line will be considerably better than last year.

You mean the one with John Wall and Boogie Cousins.

Here’s your sign. Make sure the side saying “clueless troll” is facing out.

I’m not saying we’re a final four team, but if we can get some surprise production from the guards we can. This front line will be considerably better than last year.

Like I said talented but inexperienced.

Freshman PGs may have all the skill in the world but they are not Jalen Brunson or Jevon Carter

I would take a junior or senior 3 or 4 year starter at PG over a 5 star freshman PG every day of the week..

Miles would have been on bench as 6th man if Knapper were healthy last year. JC was up and down offensively. We are better with more options this year. We have more offensive weapons. Down low we have more plus Konate is better, older.

Townsvansandt do you follow WVU and the great additions and returning players??? It sure doesn’t seem so. We are loaded.

Miles would have been on bench as 6th man if Knapper were healthy last year. JC was up and down offensively. We are better with more options this year. We have more offensive weapons. Down low we have more plus Konate is better, older.

Townsvansandt do you follow WVU and the great additions and returning players??? It sure doesn’t seem so. We are loaded.

Not.

How'd knapper dominate Friday night? You are about the most clueless person I have ever responded too.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
WVUallen apparently you haven’t seen the new additions on top of all the excellent returning players and don’t follow hoops much! Best WVU team in many years. Deeper, more talent, better scoring.

WVUALLEN you will be a very happy WVU fan when you see us top 5 most of season. This is legit Final 4 team. WVU will win Big 12 next 2 years.

WVUallen apparently you haven’t seen the new additions on top of all the excellent returning players and don’t follow hoops much! Best WVU team in many years. Deeper, more talent, better scoring.

WVUALLEN you will be a very happy WVU fan when you see us top 5 most of season. This is legit Final 4 team. WVU will win Big 12 next 2 years.

Can they beat Martinsburg?

Airport Friday night don’t mean shit. I’m not going off that. Only jokes like you go off unorganized, glorified scrimmages. I know talent and can evaluate cause I played and have been around the game and WVU my whole life. This team is absolutely stacked. Never seen the roster so deep. Huggins has a special group lined up next 2 years. This is going to be special run, window.

Airport you will be having fun next 2 seasons with your favorite basketball team in top 4. This is a special run ahead of us. This is going to be a final 4 team. The national title could happen this year.

We don't have enough WV boys to compete for the B12 title. And you expect to win the "whole damn thing"? Give me a break. That won't happen until we get AT LEAST a few boys from Mingo Central and a couple from Fairmont Sr.

Airport Friday night don’t mean shit. I’m not going off that. Only jokes like you go off unorganized, glorified scrimmages. I know talent and can evaluate cause I played and have been around the game and WVU my whole life. This team is absolutely stacked. Never seen the roster so deep. Huggins has a special group lined up next 2 years. This is going to be special run, window.
Bud, my brother played with Huggins at wvu. I played pick up with them. This team has a chance to be good. Knapper could not have replaced miles last year. I hope he is good. I never make predictions on a team I haven't seen.

We don't have enough WV boys to compete for the B12 title. And you expect to win the "whole damn thing"? Give me a break. That won't happen until we get AT LEAST a few boys from Mingo Central and a couple from Fairmont Sr.
Panther state forest strong

Airport Dax was average at best. He already is replaced. We upgraded already. We’re better as a team too.

Airport Dax was average at best. He already is replaced. We upgraded already. We’re better as a team too.

Your Basketball IQ is even lower than your football IQ.
My dog knows more about football than you and he only watches the good games.

You can't expect Huggins to use his press without Carter and Miles all the time.
This allows teams to slow their play and could take Konate out.
Konate is a stud because teams have to play fast and if they can get the ball into space Konate owns the paint.

A lot of teams can now play a half court offense against WV.

More importantly all these easy baskets from last year will have to be replace.

Until the current guards can be used like Carter and Miles you should just keep your projections to yourself.

As of right now last year's team was better but they were screwed having to play Villanova.
You put WV in another bracket last year they would maybe be a Final 4 team.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
Your Basketball IQ is even lower than your football IQ.
My dog knows more about football than you and he only watches the good games.

You can't expect Huggins to use his press without Carter and Miles all the time.
This allows teams to slow their play and could take Konate out.
Konate is a stud because teams have to play fast and if they can get the ball into space Konate owns the paint.

A lot of teams can now play a half court offense against WV.

More importantly all these easy baskets from last year will have to be replace.

Until the current guards can be used like Carter and Miles you should just keep your projections to yourself.

As of right now last year's team was better but they were screwed having to play Villanova.
You put WV in another bracket last year they would maybe be a Final 4 team.
Your dog can lick his own balls, pride can't do much cause his head is up his ass. We lost to Villanova because we had no back up for Sags and Dax was haing his best game of his career but couldn't shake those dumb moves where he got three quick fouls in a space of about 3 minutes.

This is why people give you a hard time. Because you profess to be an 'expert' at "evaluating talent" and then make ridiculous statements like this. Daxter Miles scored over 1,300 points, 177 steals and a 2 to 1 assist to TO ratio. Was a 4 year starter. Was an incredible defensive player and got NBA looks.

No one on here thinks you know what you're talking about except yourself. Get over yourself and stop putting down Mountaineers.

Dax was an average player that every eye ball on WVU hoops often complained about. C’mon stop acting like he was some bigtime shooting guard. He couldn’t shoot and was a 6-1 shooting guard. He’s replaced already.

JC said it himself that Knapper was the toughest defender he played against. McCabe and Knapper are very good right now. They are going to be fun to watch and both can shoot the lights out. Beetle is a good rotation guard that is older and better than he was last year. Haley is a tall, talented JUCO guard added to the mix. We are very good at the 1-2 right now in October. We’re way deeper and better at the 3-4-5 than last year.

Townvandtsant you are right about the bracket with Villanova. If WVU was in the other brackets they would have made Final 4. I said that last March. Other than that the rest of your talk is just your own BS. You are just making your own crap up. It’s just your bad opinion. I’ve seen this a long time and this WVU team is going to be better than last years team. Konate has more help down low and we have good guards.

While I agree that WVU has lots of talent and depth, you aren't going to replace the guard play from last year this season. Next year....possible.

The guard play last year didn’t get the support from the 3-4-5 spots that this year will have and next. With Konate back and better, adding the stud Culver, older, stronger Routt, older, better Esa, Wes Harris, Lamont West.....the 3-4-5 spots are loaded like never before.

Dax is already replaced. He only averaged 12 pts and couldn’t shoot consistently. McCabe, Knapper, Beetle, Haley are very good and Harler is improved. Horton and Doomes are pretty good players to be possible redshirts and the 14-15 men on the roster. These guys practice against skill and great athletes. The roster is loaded.

I think you guys underestimate how good McCabe, Knapper are. McCabe is going to be a star freshmen. He’s that good. He will have many nights where he gets hot and lights up the scoreboard. He is one of the best shooters in the country. When he gets hot, look out. Kid is not a normal freshmen. Big 12 freshmen of year candidate. Don’t sleep on him.

Last edited:
This team has a chance to be good but if anyone thinks it's easy to replace JC and Dax they don't know much about CBB. Harler, Beetle and Haley will do the majority of the work at guard. Knapper will have plenty of chances but isn't in the same class as Carter at this point. McCabe is a year away from significant production. Without JC or Dax I"m curious who has the ball when things get tight?

Just to note:

Daxter Miles scored over 1,300 points in his WVU career and was, over the weekend, drafted 11th overall in the NBA G-League.

He also measured in at a legitimate 6'3" at his pro combine prior to the NBA draft.

Dp-nhgIXgAAKkM-.jpg:large

Last edited:
If Dax is 6-3 then Sags is legit 6-8 or 6-9.

Mounty99 not sure how much you follow but McCabe is not a year away from anything. He’s very good now and may start at some point. He’s going to play at a pretty high level for a freshmen. Also Knapper is a older redshirt freshmen. He’s going to impact now. He’s good now.

Beetle, Haley are also pretty good guards now. Harler improved a lot. We are loaded and the guards have big support from dominant 3-4-5 spots. Down low we are stacked which helps the guards.

McCabe will not be Big XII Freshman of the Year....

Didn't you say the same thing about Dante Stills

Not attacking any of them. Stills will eventually be a beast but McCabe has nothing on some of these top recruits brought in elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT