ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM WVU basketball alumni game information

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Bust out those WVU jerseys - it’s time for another WVU Men’s Basketball Alumni Game! Back for a fourth year, the annual alumni game will take place Saturday, June 16 at 7 p.m. at Fairmont State University’s Joe Retton Arena.
Tickets are on sale now at http://jflowent.com and start at $15 online, or $20 at the door.

“We had such a great time in Fairmont last year, it was a no-brainer to come back,” said John Flowers, event organizer and WVU basketball alumni. “Every year we’ve gotten bigger and better, and the crowds have too.”

Each year, a portion of the proceeds from the game benefit charity, raising $20,000 over three games for the Norma Mae Huggins Cancer Research Endowment Fund, Conquer Chiari and WVU Medicine Children’s Cure Kids Cancer Fund.

This year’s charity hits close to home. WVU’s own Da’Sean Butler’s “Give A Hoop Foundation” will be given the spotlight.
The foundation seeks to make a difference in the lives of children by providing positive role models, mentoring and giving back to those in need. Their mission is to provide affordable athletic and other programing based on need and to make contributions in the community that benefit children.
“Da’Sean is a great guy and one of my best friends,” Flowers said. “Ever since I met him he has been passionate about everything that he does on and off the court. It's great that he is so dedicated to giving back, helping kids that may not have been dealt the best hand in life get active and follow their dreams. I just want to help him help these kids."
The event is a terrific summer’s evening entertaining that’s perfect for the whole family with giveaways, auctions and more. After the game, players will be available for autographs and photos with players.

Tickets are available for the event through www.jflowent.com. Tickets start at $15, or $20 at the door on the night of the game.

Sponsorship and advertising opportunities for the game are also available. Those interested should also contact jflowent@yahoo.com for more information.
For press photos, click here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aj6hnt2tgox6620/AABQJ8lgxxOim0h_7uoDD0ota?dl=0 Photos must be credited to Dale Sparks.

ADVERTISEMENT