ADVERTISEMENT

WVU baseball struggling

MountaineerWV

All-American
Sep 18, 2007
After a very optimistic preseason with a ranking in the top 25, it has fallen off pretty fast and hard. They are now standing at 9-12, and just got swept (and spanked) by Oklahoma in the first Big 12 series of the season. I was personally hoping last year was a sign of things to come for WVU baseball.....hope things can straighten up and get back on track.

Baseball is a difficult sport. The ball doesn't always fall into the gaps.

Maybe Trey Lowe will realize his QB future may be better than his baseball future. Or maybe he’s onto something and after a little seasoning, redshirt he may be great in baseball and need to focus full time on baseball?

The summer and fall to focus on QB will be crucial to Lowe if he wants to get a leg up in the QB competition after Grier graduates. If Lowe ends up the QB for 2019 he will be Dana’s first high school QB to make his mark. It certainly has been a challenge for Dana to recruit HS QBs. Will Lowe disappear at QB in the next 1-2 years like many others have? Either way Dana better hope 1 of Allison or Lowe ends up being legit.

It will be extremely difficult to replace Grier, as it will Jevon Carter. Five-star quarterbacks don't land in Morgantown often.

Ohio State has a strong program but they usually have terrible QBs. Barrett was most overatted QB and over the decades they have had many stiff QBs.

WVU and Ohio State should play every year. I bet WVU would win half of those games or close to it.

If Urban Myer was at WVU, they would be top 5 every year. Dana would run Ohio State into the ground and they would fire him quick. WVU is a excellent program we just need a better coach.

They will find someone at QB. Either another good transfer or Allison or Lowe will be good. Good programs like WVU will find someone at QB. WVU is a top Big 12 program in all sports. WVU is never a bottom feeder. Big 12 is happy they got WVU. We bring it.

Ohio State hasn't had hardly any good NFL quarterbacks, but to call guys who reguarly win conference offensive player of the year awards, "stiffs," is absurd. Was Pat White a stiff because he had a noodle arm? Troy Smith won a Heisman Trophy, but was too small to be an effective NFL quarterback. Terrelle Pryor, Braxton Miller, and J.T. Barrett all won B1G offensive player of the year awards in recent years. Being a great college quarterback in a zone read QB run heavy offense does not translate to NFL success (see Tim Tebow, too). Oh, and I'd love to see Ohio State play WVU every season, but Don Nehlen would tell you why this wouldn't be a good idea.

Don Nehlen wasn’t a great coach. Ohio State should be lucky the Rich Rod WVU teams didn’t play them. Dana is a terrible coach. If WVU had a good coach they would beat Ohio State half or more times if they played. Either way it would be a great rival and closely fought battle.

Last edited:
Don Nehlen wasn’t a great coach. Ohio State should be lucky the Rich Rod WVU teams didn’t play them. Dana is a terrible coach. If WVU had a good coach they would beat Ohio State half or more times if they played. Either way it would be a great rival and closely fighted battle.

fighted" = "fought" Gezuz man, show a little education... at least Pitt level.

Oh, I see you did

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
WVU would beat Ohio State in football many years. WVU basketball way better than Ohio State.

Maybe Trey Lowe will realize his QB future may be better than his baseball future. Or maybe he’s onto something and after a little seasoning, redshirt he may be great in baseball and need to focus full time on baseball?

The summer and fall to focus on QB will be crucial to Lowe if he wants to get a leg up in the QB competition after Grier graduates. If Lowe ends up the QB for 2019 he will be Dana’s first high school QB to make his mark. It certainly has been a challenge for Dana to recruit HS QBs. Will Lowe disappear at QB in the next 1-2 years like many others have? Either way Dana better hope 1 of Allison or Lowe ends up being legit.

Who tf cares what he plays. If you think him playing baseball and football is something out of the ordinary, you're dumber than I thought. Christ, Charlie Ward was drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers, NY Knicks and was an amazing QB. Thought you would understand this, beings you're an "ex-jock."

You also said Will Crest and Chavas Rawlins were the future. You have no room to discuss QB potentials. /thread

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
well baseball got a really badly needed win tonight over 9th ranked texas tech 1-0kinda how i thought they might play !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Nehlen wasn’t a great coach. Ohio State should be lucky the Rich Rod WVU teams didn’t play them. Dana is a terrible coach. If WVU had a good coach they would beat Ohio State half or more times if they played. Either way it would be a great rival and closely fought battle.

How would you know this? Your sentence structure and thought capacity tell me that you weren't alive until the Mullen- OC days...

Ohio State has a strong program but they usually have terrible QBs. Barrett was most overatted QB and over the decades they have had many stiff QBs.

WVU and Ohio State should play every year. I bet WVU would win half of those games or close to it.

If Urban Myer was at WVU, they would be top 5 every year. Dana would run Ohio State into the ground and they would fire him quick. WVU is a excellent program we just need a better coach.
The utterings of a truly reliable Mountaineer fan! Hope no war breaks out nearby. Would not be interested in having one with such a negative attitude as the person on whom I might have to rely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT