ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release WVU and Tennessee set for 3:30 kickoff

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Tennessee Game Set For 3:30 p.m. on CBS

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – (May 30, 2018) – The Southeastern Conference has announced that WVU’s Saturday, Sept. 1, football game against Tennessee at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte will be televised on CBS at 3:30 p.m. ET.

Season tickets are now on sale for West Virginia’s six-game home schedule and can be purchased online at WVUGAME.com or at 1-800-WVU GAME.

That stadium will be rocking like the 2008 Pat White record attendance game Meineke Car Bowl or the 2015 ACC Title game between #1 Clemson vs #10 UNC Tarheels which broke WVU attendance record in that stadium. Big college games bring the fans, pride, tradition and intensity. The NFL just doesn’t have that.

College is great. NFL is boring.

Tennessee vs WVU is two big college crazed fanbases. Those 2 states love college sports. Going to be an intense, rocking atmosphere.

Just hope that the Mountaineers do better than recent history in "big games".

That would be a plus. But should Tennessee be considered a big game? I mean they were 4-8 last year and have no offense this year.

NC. State will be a bigger game IMO.

Winning some big games in Big 12 would certainly be advantageous.

Allen...by big game I was view the match-up as the opener against an SEC team. Big as in lose it and the season could go downhill before things even start. So much talk about this being a weak Volunteer team makes me nervous...particularly given the state of the Mountaineer defense and the threat of one hit taking away the offense. Just sayin'

Allen...by big game I was view the match-up as the opener against an SEC team. Big as in lose it and the season could go downhill before things even start. So much talk about this being a weak Volunteer team makes me nervous...particularly given the state of the Mountaineer defense and the threat of one hit taking away the offense. Just sayin'

I'm nervous as well. Tennessee isn't an automatic W.

Every game is a big game. WV should be 10 point favorites, maybe more, but no way can you pencil this one in already, particularly since it's the opening game for both teams. Key injuries, turnovers, etc. You just never know, so I always view each game as a big game.

I would say WVU will be 7 point favorites. Tenn. is an unknown at this point with a new coach. If Butch Jones was still there I would chalk this up as a high chance at a win.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Tennessee Game Set For 3:30 p.m. on CBS

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – (May 30, 2018) – The Southeastern Conference has announced that WVU’s Saturday, Sept. 1, football game against Tennessee at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte will be televised on CBS at 3:30 p.m. ET.

Season tickets are now on sale for West Virginia’s six-game home schedule and can be purchased online at WVUGAME.com or at 1-800-WVU GAME.
Will be a good game. I think WV will get the VOLS. I don't thank TN has the roster. Lots of holes to fill. GO VOLS!!!!

Dana you better have this team ready to play - leave no doubt the Mountaineers are the best team on the field. Out hit 'em, out tackle 'em and just flat out
out play 'em. Don't let up. If we're leading 21-0 at end of first quarter - it ain't enough - keep the boot on their throats - hang 77 on them. Make it a game
the VOLS will never forget. In other words Beat the Hell outta of them. It's time for you - DANA - to get the job done.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
Dana's job is coaching. It's up to the players to process the knowledge given to them.

Dana's job is coaching. It's up to the players to process the knowledge given to them.

So, I get it now. If the team loses a game then it is because the players "didn't process the knowledge" that DH bestowed on them. Taking it a step further if the Mountaineers went 0-12 under clueless it would not be his fault. It would be the players for being so damn dumb they can't understand what he wants them to do? Come on Allen, even a DH man crush guy like you has to think that is a pile of it. lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT