ADVERTISEMENT

WVU a loser in transfer portal

Buckaineer

All-Conference
Sep 3, 2001
West Virginia: The Mountaineers added quarterback JT Daniels late in the cycle, but it doesn't eliminate the obscene amount of talent they lost. Twenty players entered the transfer portal, including key starters DT Akheem Mesidor, LB Josh Chandler, quarterback Jarret Doege, top receiver Winston Wright and both starting cornerbacks. Along with losing a number of contributors to graduation, WVU will look very different next season. The Mountaineers are staying active in the transfer portal to try and recoup some of the losses, but they're still in a tenuous spot heading into a make-or-break season for coach Neal Brown.

The dumbass child troll spouting off on me for presenting the facts as everyone else knows them to be, is mad because people wont buy into his make believe fantasy world where five win seasons are great and Brown is doing a good job and theres no issues with players leaving WVU at such a huge rate.

Grow up troll. Actual WVU fans like me want WVU to be a winner where talented players want to be, not a place where forced acceptance of bad coaching rules.

West Virginia: The Mountaineers added quarterback JT Daniels late in the cycle, but it doesn't eliminate the obscene amount of talent they lost. Twenty players entered the transfer portal, including key starters DT Akheem Mesidor, LB Josh Chandler, quarterback Jarret Doege, top receiver Winston Wright and both starting cornerbacks. Along with losing a number of contributors to graduation, WVU will look very different next season. The Mountaineers are staying active in the transfer portal to try and recoup some of the losses, but they're still in a tenuous spot heading into a make-or-break season for coach Neal Brown.
but at least the players at Texas and Alabama are getting the money you say they deserve. Outside of that, the 50% of the players that left WVU are not going to get picked up by another team. So what you posted has no value, because on average the 10 players that left, lost on the decision to leave. LOL! Stupidity is overused Biden-style on the current youth advised by another stupid person to follow money over an education. Lessons learned from all this will catch up to even those less aware of the statistical reasons not to leave. Staying is the best option for 50%.

Its definitely not a good look losing so many players, and although its awesome we got JT Daniels, we really have no idea what we are going to look like next season. I'm hoping for the best but the only hope I really have is Harrell and Daniels at this point. I'm hoping they can get this offense going somehow.

Its definitely not a good look losing so many players, and although its awesome we got JT Daniels, we really have no idea what we are going to look like next season. I'm hoping for the best but the only hope I really have is Harrell and Daniels at this point. I'm hoping they can get this offense going somehow.
Recruited better players to replace the garbage going out. Got their own transfers to add to the numbers. For every negative their is a positive. Now he needs to prove it on the field. Go look at the list of transfers from other teams and you will see WVU is not #1 on that list.

So Allen...players transferring out of WVU are all garbage? Players transferring in are better than the rest of the team? Third question...who could possibly show you any forum respect? Lol.

Reactions: KingCoal
So Allen...players transferring out of WVU are all garbage? Players transferring in are better than the rest of the team? Third question...who could possibly show you any forum respect? Lol.
Never said all. Said replacing garbage. 50% of those transferring weren't worth the trouble that Holgs recruited

Where did I say rest of the team? As usual you make up shit if you're posting as root or your alternate profile Bucky.

I don't care if someone shows me respect on this god forsaken forum of BS.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
If this article was WVU was a winner in the portal...bucky would have never posted it...because we have a portion of morons on the free board that would rather rip apart everything WVU then support the school they are supposedly a fan of.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Never said all. Said replacing garbage. 50% of those transferring weren't worth the trouble that Holgs recruited

Where did I say rest of the team? As usual you make up shit if you're posting as root or your alternate profile Bucky.

I don't care if someone shows me respect on this god forsaken forum of BS.
You just hate it when your posts get called out don't you? Oh T Bone.

but at least the players at Texas and Alabama are getting the money you say they deserve. Outside of that, the 50% of the players that left WVU are not going to get picked up by another team. So what you posted has no value, because on average the 10 players that left, lost on the decision to leave. LOL! Stupidity is overused Biden-style on the current youth advised by another stupid person to follow money over an education. Lessons learned from all this will catch up to even those less aware of the statistical reasons not to leave. Staying is the best option for 50%.
No, they are not. Texas and Alabama aren't splitting the tv/conference/NCAA money they take in with the athletes. NIL is a PRIVATE ability of a student athlete to earn money based on their own image and likeness, has nothing whatsoever to do with schools .

You can have the lowest level school get a great player because a rich supporter or booster or company nearby is willing to give a skilled player an NIL deal.

Despite your radical right wing desire to have a slave-master relationship in college athletics, that is gone forever and never coming back. Next up will be colleges having to share their massive wealth with the student athletes. That hasn't happened yet.

The article presents some inescapable facts not good for WVU. WVU has lost a tremendous number of very talented players since Brown arrived--one of the worst situations in the country.

And, this is a make or break situation for him after two five win and one 6 win regular season with one G5 bowl win eked out.

The article presents some inescapable facts not good for WVU. WVU has lost a tremendous number of very talented players since Brown arrived--one of the worst situations in the country.

And, this is a make or break situation for him after two five win and one 6 win regular season with one G5 bowl win eked out.
I am sure you're shit happy about that. You're a fraud of a WVU fan.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
The only real losses this season were Mesidor, Porter, and Wright.

Fortune’s PFF grade was god awful. We were better with Charles Woods last year, and we will be again next year.

Chandler-Semedo was a volume tackler 5 yards in front of the play. Kpoga will be an upgrade. I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong, but I doubt I am.

Ryan and Esdale did some good things and some bad. Consistency lacked. We have other guys. We won’t miss them.

Was anybody happy with Doege last season? It was time for him to move on, one way or another. Wish him the best, but Daniels is a massive upgrade and if he gets injured, well, I don’t hate the track record of Daniels’ replacements nor do I hate the track record of first-time starters under Harrell.

The rest of the losses are guys who didn’t want to wait their turn.

I hate that we lost as many as we did, but I refuse to be yet another voice of doom and gloom. That’s not the Mountaineer way.

No, they are not. Texas and Alabama aren't splitting the tv/conference/NCAA money they take in with the athletes. NIL is a PRIVATE ability of a student athlete to earn money based on their own image and likeness, has nothing whatsoever to do with schools .

You can have the lowest level school get a great player because a rich supporter or booster or company nearby is willing to give a skilled player an NIL deal.

Despite your radical right wing desire to have a slave-master relationship in college athletics, that is gone forever and never coming back. Next up will be colleges having to share their massive wealth with the student athletes. That hasn't happened yet.
I am guessing your people owned my people. Just shut up please. I am even embarrassed for you.

Fortune’s PFF grade was god awful. We were better with Charles Woods last year, and we will be again next year.

Chandler-Semedo was a volume tackler 5 yards in front of the play. Kpoga will be an upgrade. I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong, but I doubt I am.

Ryan and Esdale did some good things and some bad. Consistency lacked. We have other guys. We won’t miss them.

Was anybody happy with Doege last season? It was time for him to move on, one way or another. Wish him the best, but Daniels is a massive upgrade and if he gets injured, well, I don’t hate the track record of Daniels’ replacements nor do I hate the track record of first-time starters under Harrell.

I hate that we lost as many as we did, but I refuse to be yet another voice of doom and gloom. That’s not the Mountaineer way.
So the "Mountaineer way" is now to shut up and accept mediocrity? Come on you young lads join with the old grads....

• Haha
Reactions: travisknobbe
So the "Mountaineer way" is now to shut up and accept mediocrity? Come on you young lads join with the old grads....

Who said anything about accepting mediocrity and shutting up?

But the Mountaineer way is damn sure NOT screaming into the room whining about how things aren’t going the way you hope they would.

The Mountaineer way isn’t about letting the world—be in CBS Sports or anyone else—tell us we’re less than. It’s about getting up and fighting back.

So instead of always sharing this negative attitude, perhaps it’s time to try this on for size: get up and do something that will help us overcome the adversity we find ourselves in, if you consider it adversity at all.

But the Mountaineer way is damn sure NOT screaming into the room whining about how things aren’t going the way you hope they would.

The Mountaineer way isn’t about letting the world—be in CBS Sports or anyone else—tell us we’re less than. It’s about getting up and fighting back.

So instead of always sharing this negative attitude, perhaps it’s time to try this on for size: get up and do something that will help us overcome the adversity we find ourselves in, if you consider it adversity at all.
Enjoy living in a slogan filled fantasy world? Really. And what adversity has WVU overcome? How many conference championships? How many national championships? What's the record under the current football coach? How did Huggs do last year? I could go on but you'll probably just climb on your pink unicorn named Mediocrity and float away.

Enjoy living in a slogan filled fantasy world? Really. And what adversity has WVU overcome? How many conference championships? How many national championships? What's the record under the current football coach? How did Huggs do last year? I could go on but you'll probably just climb on your pink unicorn named Mediocrity and float away.

Slogans become slogans for a reason, my friends. Cliches become cliches because they’re tried and true.

If you wanna sit on your coach and spew your tears all over these forums, go right ahead. Nobody’s stopping you.

But it’s awfully ironic for you to do that and then call out any thing as mediocre. Because this shouting in the wind that produces zero results is the living definition of it, pops.

Slogans become slogans for a reason, my friends. Cliches become cliches because they’re tried and true.

If you wanna sit on your coach and spew your tears all over these forums, go right ahead. Nobody’s stopping you.

But it’s awfully ironic for you to do that and then call out any thing as mediocre. Because this shouting in the wind that produces zero results is the living definition of it, pops.
So since cliche means at the core an "untrue belief " and not tried and true then you must believe that the world is flat...the moon is made out of cheese...and Slobbering Joe is remotely intelligent?

• Haha
Reactions: travisknobbe

The point is- the sports world doesnt expect WVU to be as bad as theyve been under Brown or to have these mass departures especially hurting skill and depth. Meanwhile you have people on Mountaineer social media telling people to shut up and accept it and anyone saying all isnt well is lying.

WVU is in a bad state- no need to pretend its not- every player loss is bad and WVU has lost a tremendous amount to the point of having losing seasons. WVU fans are never going to just accept that as some imaginary norm that cant be improved.

I am guessing your people owned my people. Just shut up please. I am even embarrassed for you.
No I wont “ shut up” while you try to cover for right wing nuts or a mediocre WVU football program. You shut up, Ill keep discussing fact.

So since cliche means at the core an "untrue belief " and not tried and true then you must believe that the world is flat...the moon is made out of cheese...and Slobbering Joe is remotely intelligent?

You assume a lot.

Cliche does not mean untrue belief. It’s an overused phrase lacking original thought. Nothing about its definition or usage implies that the overused phrase is right or wrong.

“The world is flat” is not a cliche.

F it, lemme have some of the ‘shine you’re drinking, pops. Maybe I can shout purposelessly into the breeze, too.

Reactions: Rootmaster
You assume a lot.

Cliche does not mean untrue belief. It’s an overused phrase lacking original thought. Nothing about its definition or usage implies that the overused phrase is right or wrong.

“The world is flat” is not a cliche.

F it, lemme have some of the ‘shine you’re drinking, pops. Maybe I can shout purposelessly into the breeze, too.
Well WV shine is definitely better than Florida's...for sure.

Well WV shine is definitely better than Florida's...for sure.

Only place I’ve had shine that holds a candle to WV’s is VA.

Haven’t found the good stuff here in GA yet, but I’m sure there’s some in the northeast hills.

Don’t make good posts on this shit forum for these min wage bums.

GOOD post

Why are people on Facebook sayin Tre Mitchell is about to sign here? Thought we were maxed..... who would be cut/red shirted to make room? Sounds like a stupid rumor but it would be nice if it were true.

Why are people on Facebook sayin Tre Mitchell is about to sign here? Thought we were maxed..... who would be cut/red shirted to make room? Sounds like a stupid rumor but it would be nice if it were true.
They technically have 2 openings. Supposedly We pulled Josiah Davis’ scholarship because they need immediate help and are looking for transfers. The Mitchell thing is legit but no official

Reactions: deedoubleyou
They technically have 2 openings. Supposedly We pulled Josiah Davis’ scholarship because they need immediate help and are looking for transfers. The Mitchell thing is legit but no official
He would be the best get of the offseason if this happens. Dude can play

That is a pretty poor analysis of our situation. Of the key losses they mentioned 3 guys would have been starters and of those 3 only Mesidor was the type of loss that you can't replace.

Reactions: SeronimusPratt
That is a pretty poor analysis of our situation. Of the key losses they mentioned 3 guys would have been starters and of those 3 only Mesidor was the type of loss that you can't replace.
The free board has a few morons and you just called out 2 of them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT