ADVERTISEMENT

šŸ”„šŸ”„BREAKINGšŸ”„šŸ”„ WVU a four seed and will play Bucknell

C6wBNrGWsAAYudM.jpg:large

Not liking the ND matchup, if it happens. We suck at defending the 3 ball.

It's a tough match-up but should be a great game with great theatre. ND games are always sweet.

Dream bracket!

Elite 8 is possible

ND is not a dream potential second round matchup. Solid draw for sure but getting UC as our 5 would have been much more ideal.

Quick snapshot of Bucknell's season says they are not even close to SFA's level so knock on wood we will be able to turn them over and not allow them to settle into the game.

Multiple questionable beatdown losses, #80 Kenpom ranking (SFA was 40), best win was a tight one over Vandy.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
ND is not a dream potential second round matchup. Solid draw for sure but getting UC as our 5 would have been much more ideal.

Quick snapshot of Bucknell's season says they are not even close to SFA's level so knock on wood we will be able to turn them over and not allow them to settle into the game.

Multiple questionable beatdown losses, #80 Kenpom ranking (SFA was 40), best win was a tight one over Vandy.

We can't expect perfection. We beat Notre dame on the quick turnaround. I'm just as concerned with Princeton

Vernon I don't see in value in this stat. It's about the seedings and ranking. The facts easily show Big12 is not in the same discussion with the ACC, Big Ten or Big East. Big Ten easily distanced itself from the Big12 if the Big12 had 4 more teams possible one would make it to NCAAs even though KSU probably doesn't get in if there were say BYU, Cincinnati and two stiffs in Big12. So 6 of 14 probably would be the number. Maybe 7 like the other conferences.

Vernon I don't see in value in this stat. It's about the seedings and ranking. The facts easily show Big12 is not in the same discussion with the ACC, Big Ten or Big East. Big Ten easily distanced itself from the Big12 if the Big12 had 4 more teams possible one would make it to NCAAs even though KSU probably doesn't get in if there were say BYU, Cincinnati and two stiffs in Big12. So 6 of 14 probably would be the number. Maybe 7 like the other conferences.
I do. It shows that individual Big 12 teams had as good a chance at making March Madness as ACC teams. You guys get hung up too much on seedings. If you're #4 or higher, it doesn't matter and Big 12 got 30% of teams at that level.

Granted,it will be a mite tougher for the Big 12 to have all the Final Four slots. Kansas and Iowa State both are in the Midwest. But WVU is in the West, Baylor in the East and Kansas State in the South.

WVU plays Friday, March 16 against Bucknell.

If Mountaineers win: Sunday, March 18 against Notre Dame-Princeton winner.

If WVU gets to Sweet Sixteen: Probably #1 seed in Gonzaga in San Jose.

If WVU gets to Elite Eight: Probably Arizona or Florida State.

But this may be the zaniest March Madness ever, so who knows?

By percentage of schools in the league:

1) Big East - 70%

2) ACC - 60%

2) Big XII - 60%

4) Big Ten - 50%

5) SEC - 36%

6) PAC-12 - 33%

Bucknell ain't no SFA but Notre Dame is lurking around the corner. Notre Dame is good and cannot be overlooked. For that matter Bucknell can't be overlooked. Know what I mean? Overlook a team and the trip home from Buffalo is a short one. Snow and blizzard conditions predicted for Buffalo and entire Northeast.

I do. It shows that individual Big 12 teams had as good a chance at making March Madness as ACC teams. You guys get hung up too much on seedings. If you're #4 or higher, it doesn't matter and Big 12 got 30% of teams at that level.

Granted,it will be a mite tougher for the Big 12 to have all the Final Four slots. Kansas and Iowa State both are in the Midwest. But WVU is in the West, Baylor in the East and Kansas State in the South.

WVU plays Friday, March 16 against Bucknell.

If Mountaineers win: Sunday, March 18 against Notre Dame-Princeton winner.

If WVU gets to Sweet Sixteen: Probably #1 seed in Gonzaga in San Jose.

If WVU gets to Elite Eight: Probably Arizona or Florida State.

But this may be the zaniest March Madness ever, so who knows?

By percentage of schools in the league:

1) Big East - 70%

2) ACC - 60%

2) Big XII - 60%

4) Big Ten - 50%

5) SEC - 36%

6) PAC-12 - 33%

Fake news pal. Very emotional. Easy pickens. More NCAA teams in ACC. More quality teams in ACC. End of discussion. None of the talking heads today put anyone in front of ACC. Own it man. It's tight call between Big12 and Big Ten. I went back and forth but I think Kansas give the Big12 the edge because the Big Ten doesn't have a 1 or 2 seed level team this year.

Thoughts?

Bucknell is no joke. Theyre a decent team. They beat Vandy. They crushed their conference. Their top player Patriot POY Nana Foulland is from a high school local to me. Seen him play a lot. He's a 6-9 hardworking kid. Good player. They don't have depth.
The same Vanderbilt team that beat Florida 3 times this year.

If this team has the stones to overlook
Bucknell is no joke. Theyre a decent team. They beat Vandy. They crushed their conference. Their top player Patriot POY Nana Foulland is from a high school local to me. Seen him play a lot. He's a 6-9 hardworking kid. Good player. They don't have depth.

Last few years have shown that no teams seeded 14 or higher (even some 15s), are no joke. I feel last year we took the game lightly and we're unprepared as shown by our horrid shooting percentage on top of SFA being an unusually strong 14 seed. I would hope that everyone doesn't repeat any mistakes in preparation this time around and plays a strong game, if we play a good game Bucknell on paper (again, #80 KenPom) shouldn't be able to beat us without shooting an unusual filthy percentage from 3.

I don't think anyone on this board is going to outright disrespect Bucknell but realistically speaking we could have gotten saddled with a more dangerous opponent so in that sense there is a little sigh of relief. I won't really feel good about it until the clock is 0:00 and we're being penciled into the round of 32.

Reactions: Euell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT