ADVERTISEMENT

WVU 2nd best team in Knight Legacy?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
If WVU beats Florida tonight, legimate claim to 2nd best team in tournament.

Huggins Heroes were Purdue’s toughest game in the Phil Knight Legacy basketball tournament.

WVU lost to #24/#23 Purdue, 80-68, but trailed by only 4 with 5 minutes to go

Purdue beat WVU by 12, Gonzaga by 18, Duke by 19 (75-56) for Phil Knight Legacy title

Huggins did better job against Purdue than Gonzaga or Duke. Chop on that, negative nannies!

If WVU beats Florida tonight, legimate claim to 2nd best team in tournament.

Huggins Heroes were Purdue’s toughest game in the Phil Knight Legacy basketball tournament.

WVU lost to #24/#23 Purdue, 80-68, but trailed by only 4 with 5 minutes to go

Purdue beat WVU by 12, Gonzaga by 18, Duke by 19 (75-56) for Phil Knight Legacy title

Huggins did better job against Purdue than Gonzaga or Duke. Chop on that, negative nannies!
We just played for 5th place. Take your Herald leaky mind back to the Herd board.

Xavier is not going to be a push over even if they are 4-3. TThey fought hard in the tournament with losses to Purdue and Gonzaga.

Reactions: locustwv
Purdue actually has a claim to be #1 in the country FWIW, they have just been absolutely bitch slapping teams which includes Duke and Gonzaga. Their tightest win is against Marquette who is presently running Baylor out of the gym. That 7’4 Center they have is a force to be reckoned with.

Anyone without blinders can see that a loss to Purdue this early in the season is not a calamity. Xavier loss, because of the way my beloved alma mater performed, is much more troubling. WVU has 4 games to tune up for the Big 12 schedule. I'm sure Huggins is hard at work smoothing out the wrinkles of having 7 strangers learning to play together.

Anyone without blinders can see that a loss to Purdue this early in the season is not a calamity. Xavier loss, because of the way my beloved alma mater performed, is much more troubling. WVU has 4 games to tune up for the Big 12 schedule. I'm sure Huggins is hard at work smoothing out the wrinkles of having 7 strangers learning to play together.

If we were in conference play, we would be 2-2 with a solid point differential. There is nothing to be overly concerned with yet unless you thought this team was fighting for a 1-2 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT