ADVERTISEMENT

WTF is wrong

Reactions: Marine03
We'd agree to play in Charleston in December! But Huggy won't!

You'd have thought that D'Antoni would have learned his lesson after his own words caused the cancellation of the Charleston game..........but he still can't stop poking the Huggy Bear, as indicated in his recent tweets. Nothing good ever happens if you get on the wrong side of the Huggy Bear !

You'd have thought that D'Antoni would have learned his lesson after his own words caused the cancellation of the Charleston game..........but he still can't stop poking the Huggy Bear, as indicated in his recent tweets. Nothing good ever happens if you get on the wrong side of the Huggy Bear !
Huggy caused the game to be cancelled not Dan...bickering often happens in intra state games, kind of what makes them fun for the thicker skinned ilk of West Virginia.

Reactions: Humptod
Huggy caused the game to be cancelled not Dan...bickering often happens in intra state games, kind of what makes them fun for the thicker skinned ilk of West Virginia.

What Dan did was issue a challenge to Huggs to play two games every year, one in Charleston and the other in Huntington, and the next year one in Charleston and the other in Morgantown, and he followed it up by saying that if WVU didn't go for that, that it meant they were afraid. You know that is what happened as well as I do. I've linked videos and news articles of that press conference and I'm sure you've seen them all. Huggs response was perfect when he told them to find someone else to play. They did...........WV Wesleyan and Concord College to fill the empty spot left on their schedule because of Dan's mouth. And apparently he still hasn't learned his lesson because he's still poking the Huggy Bear via twitter.

Reactions: DoogEER
What Dan did was issue a challenge to Huggs to play two games every year, one in Charleston and the other in Huntington, and the next year one in Charleston and the other in Morgantown, and he followed it up by saying that if WVU didn't go for that, that it meant they were afraid. You know that is what happened as well as I do. I've linked videos and news articles of that press conference and I'm sure you've seen them all. Huggs response was perfect when he told them to find someone else to play. They did...........WV Wesleyan and Concord College to fill the empty spot left on their schedule because of Dan's mouth. And apparently he still hasn't learned his lesson because he's still poking the Huggy Bear via twitter.
Sure, anyone can take their ball and go home...but they are the one that left the playing field not the opponent. Huggy took a powder....that's a fact and no amount of rationalization can change it.

Sure, anyone can take their ball and go home...but they are the one that left the playing field not the opponent. Huggy took a powder....that's a fact and no amount of rationalization can change it.

Keep telling yourself that Huggs is afraid to play Marshall long enough and you will believe it. If memory serves me correctly we led by as much as 31 points in the second half the last time we played and won the game by 23. What would he have to be afraid of ?

Why not settle it in Charleston in January? Difficult to argue with the scoreboard.

Conference games and SEC battle are in January. No little schools are allowed in January.

Will we see Marshall in NCAA next year? Or will it take them another 30 plus years to go again.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
Keep telling yourself that Huggs is afraid to play Marshall long enough and you will believe it. If memory serves me correctly we led by as much as 31 points in the second half the last time we played and won the game by 23. What would he have to be afraid of ?
I don't recall saying Huggy is afraid to play...my visceral take on Huggy's position is that he got his nose out of joint and thought he'd somehow punish MU for daring to speak on the series in the theory that " the game means more to them than to us". But other than his bartender ,who among us can say with any degree of certainty why Huggy felt compelled to end a 35 year game between the only D-1 schools in the state!

11-34. Not much of a rival. Most damage has been done on the court
Wins since the series permanently moved to Charleston were indeed hard to come by for MU! But that doesn't mean the games weren't fun to watch as most were dogfights...and bottom line isn't that the reason college sports exist in the first place to provide entertainment!

Last year WVU was the better team....but you can't carry the score over it would be a new game in 2019!
Tony, you don't think WVU hoops is on a similar trajectory this season? We have the nations best shot blocker. We have length all over the floor and athletes that can play everywhere. Please tell me how you see WVU not up to the task? Marshall looks to be good this year but, WVU looks to be a top 10-15 preseason team. Is Marshall going to be in discussion for a top 25 nod?

Tony, you don't think WVU hoops is on a similar trajectory this season? We have the nations best shot blocker. We have length all over the floor and athletes that can play everywhere. Please tell me how you see WVU not up to the task? Marshall looks to be good this year but, WVU looks to be a top 10-15 preseason team. Is Marshall going to be in discussion for a top 25 nod?
Lost a fine player in Jared Carter....and MU has some new shooters as well.

Why not settle it in Charleston in January? Difficult to argue with the scoreboard.
because the scoreboard doesn't go into quadruple digits......did the ncaa not teach you anything?....Huggs called off the dogs with 10 minutes left last time, but because of that stupid ring on social media I doubt that he would again.......and as a side note......you can buy that ring on ebay........sweet sixteen elite eight and final four banners are a little harder to come by....now tell the truth...which would YOU rather have?[WVU]:basketball:[thumb2]

I don't recall saying Huggy is afraid to play...my visceral take on Huggy's position is that he got his nose out of joint and thought he'd somehow punish MU for daring to speak on the series in the theory that " the game means more to them than to us". But other than his bartender ,who among us can say with any degree of certainty why Huggy felt compelled to end a 35 year game between the only D-1 schools in the state!
when did marshal go D-1?......must have missed it

Wins since the series permanently moved to Charleston were indeed hard to come by for MU! But that doesn't mean the games weren't fun to watch as most were dogfights...and bottom line isn't that the reason college sports exist in the first place to provide entertainment!
Hackfests, not dogfights.

If each year, the two of us went out for a pizza and a 6 pack and I ate 3/4 of the pizza and drank 4 of the beers would you continue paying 50% of the bill? Why should Marshall get 50% off the gate when they barely have 20% off the fans?

If each year, the two of us went out for a pizza and a 6 pack and I ate 3/4 of the pizza and drank 4 of the beers would you continue paying 50% of the bill? Why should Marshall get 50% off the gate when they barely have 20% off the fans?

Why should wvu get 100% of the soda-tax when Marshall clearly has fatter fans who consume more soda?

Reactions: Stone_Cold

or the value of the education....or the relevance....or the influence...or the economic benefit....or the leadership....and on and on and on.

Stick with what you know.
Heroin and Ohio U.

Not sure where you're getting those statistics from...anecdotal evidence?

or the value of the education....or the relevance....or the influence...or the economic benefit....or the leadership....and on and on and on.

Stick with what you know.
Heroin and Ohio U.
Of course a scoreboard is a matter of fact ....you offer only opinion!

Marshall isn't enough of an itch to bother scratching. Unimportant. Outside of Huntington and Charleston, no one cared about the Capital Classic.
That Charleston venue always irritated me. Basically a WVU home game, but our students couldn't attend and we made no money from parking or concessions. Court was kinda trashy. Hoop sounded like a playground. Thankfully there was a net.
Marshall wasn't a blip on the national radar.
It wasn't a conference game.
No point in taking their best shot each year. I'd rather play VA.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT