ADVERTISEMENT

Wright says WVU was toughest opponent of the year

WVUDisciples

All-Conference
Dec 28, 2002
Said wvu was the most physical, demanding team they played and when he saw how his team responded against us in the last 8 minutes of the game he knew they were hitting on all cylinders.

"That WVU team was really, really good," he said.

You don't play for second place, but this really was a year where I think we could've made it to the championship. A lot of teams can say that every year but the last two years it really does feel like we were a shot here or there from being a final four team.

At the end of the day we would have ran into Nova. We got a tough draw and held our seed line, can’t really expect much else.

Said wvu was the most physical, demanding team they played and when he saw how his team responded against us in the last 8 minutes of the game he knew they were hitting on all cylinders.

You don't play for second place, but this really was a year where I think we could've made it to the championship. A lot of teams can say that every year but the last two years it really does feel like we were a shot here or there from being a final four team.
Jay Wright is all talk at the moment. He said at halftime last night, Michigan was the best defensive team they had faced this year. I wouldn’t put much stock in anything he says.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Coach Speak in the Glory of the moment.
Truth is, If we had one player who could have taken a game over offensively instead of losing leads to good teams in the second half... We would have been putting them away and cutting down the nets ourselves.

JC could NOT do it all.

Reactions: WVU80ate

I too think we were very close to final 4 team. Needed a few more things to break our way. Keeping Ahmed & Macon eligible would have kept Bender on sideline. A more evenly called game vs Kansas, Okla State & Ky.... A bit more consistent Dax.... But this team fought & I respect that and we were very close. IMHO.

I too think we were very close to final 4 team. Needed a few more things to break our way. Keeping Ahmed & Macon eligible would have kept Bender on sideline. A more evenly called game vs Kansas, Okla State & Ky.... A bit more consistent Dax.... But this team fought & I respect that and we were very close. IMHO.
as the OP said, We needed a legit scorer.

Reactions: JWG66
At the end of the day we would have ran into Nova. We got a tough draw and held our seed line, can’t really expect much else.

Agreed that we drew a tough seed and also a horrible seed. Villanova played in Pittsburgh Saturday at noon and was home by Saturday nt, devoting 75-80% of their prep to us. We played the last game on Sunday in San Diego and had to fly back and leave for Boston early. Nova had plenty of time to prep for our press. If we ran into Nova in the 8's, it may have been us in the final 4.

Agreed that we drew a tough seed and also a horrible seed. Villanova played in Pittsburgh Saturday at noon and was home by Saturday nt, devoting 75-80% of their prep to us. We played the last game on Sunday in San Diego and had to fly back and leave for Boston early. Nova had plenty of time to prep for our press. If we ran into Nova in the 8's, it may have been us in the final 4.
Agree. But, it was kinda fun to go to San Diego to kick Marshall’s ass even though it still did not shut em up.

Agree. But, it was kinda fun to go to San Diego to kick Marshall’s ass even though it still did not shut em up.
I agree that you boys played 'nova tougher than anyone in the tournament. I thought for the longest time you delusional Cousins might actually win the game and have a real shot to hang the banner! As for Marshall, meet us in Charleston In January if you boys can work up the nerve!

I agree that you boys played 'nova tougher than anyone in the tournament. I thought for the longest time you delusional Cousins might actually win the game and have a real shot to hang the banner! As for Marshall, meet us in Charleston In January if you boys can work up the nerve!
If we have the nerve? Lmao. There’s no incentive to destroy you again. Your team is weak, unathletic, slow, and pathetic. Elmore is overrated. I’d rather not waste our time swatting at you Gnats again. Go play Concord or Davis & Elkins so Elmore can get his points.

Why would we meet a lame ass Marshall team in January when we can play top SEC teams in January?

Will Marshall be able to return to NCAA next year or will it take them another 30 plus years.

If we have the nerve? Lmao. There’s no incentive to destroy you again. Your team is weak, unathletic, slow, and pathetic. Elmore is overrated. I’d rather not waste our time swatting at you Gnats again. Go play Concord or Davis & Elkins so Elmore can get his points.
Ummmm.....kind of sounds like an excuse for not showin' up! But if you don't want to play, no hard feelings!

Ummmm.....kind of sounds like an excuse for not showin' up! But if you don't want to play, no hard feelings!
No, that’s what I said. We don’t want to play you. The only hard feelings are from you Terds. We don’t care to beat up on you again. You’re the equivalent of playing Marist or American in our season opening tuneup games. I’m not sure you could hang with the WVU women’s team either.

No, that’s what I said. We don’t want to play you. The only hard feelings are from you Terds. We don’t care to beat up on you again. You’re the equivalent of playing Marist or American in our season opening tuneup games. I’m not sure you could hang with the WVU women’s team either.
Ummmm, bold talk for a non combatant!

He had excuses for why 2014 OSU shouldn't have been judged by losing at home to a VT team that went on to lose to ECU and Wake Forest. Yet he is all knowing about WVU in March because of an opening game. It can't be both ways and if you think it is, you are deluded yourself with bullshit reasoning.

Why would we meet a lame ass Marshall team in January when we can play top SEC teams in January?

Will Marshall be able to return to NCAA next year or will it take them another 30 plus years.
"We," T-Bone/Allen? I guarantee that you don't have a WVU diploma or work for the university, and you live much closer to Huntington than Morgantown, so who exactly is this "we," about which you post?

"We," T-Bone/Allen? I guarantee that you don't have a WVU diploma or work for the university, and you live much closer to Huntington than Morgantown, so who exactly is this "we," about which you post?

You guarantee.

Who gave you the crabs? I guarantee Elmore probably gave them to you.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
No excuses. Just does nothing to help our RPI, chances for a good payout, or TV coverage. Beyond that, our B12 travel schedule is pretty bad already, don’t need anymore road games. Really boils down to the game is of no real benefit to us.

You guarantee.

Who gave you the crabs? I guarantee Elmore probably gave them to you.
Yes, I guarantee. You're the quintessential Walmart WVU fan. "We?" You're 80 years old with no connection to WVU...LOL at "we," moron.

Huggins has recently said"Marshall can come to Morgantown anytime they want to"

Reactions: JWG66
Sounds like the puniest guy in the bar challenging a heavyweight boxer so he can take another beating. I guess next you'll want WVU to play Marshall in football so you can go 0-13 or, as Herdsters see it, 13-0.

When Marshall can turn in regular NCAA tournament appearances & beat WVU more than one time a decade I'm all for inking an equally beneficial long term home & home series.

What does Marshall not understand about getting an ass whipping, getting an ass whipping,an ass whipping, ass whipping, whipping again and again and again,again, again ..,.,,,,,,,,,..

Sounds like the puniest guy in the bar challenging a heavyweight boxer so he can take another beating. I guess next you'll want WVU to play Marshall in football so you can go 0-13 or, as Herdsters see it, 13-0.
Where have you been? After none of your imaginary Big 12 Final Four scenarios played out, you raced out of here faster than RichRod to Ann Arbor. Learn your lesson about overrating conferences and living vicariously through conference mates, and move on, as we all make mistakes.

Big f@#ks small, always, actually... Sooner or later, you'll figure it out.

ADVERTISEMENT