ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM WR Doston commits to WVU

Maybe if Dana finds somebody better he can pull the offer like he did with Richardson. Oh
won't do that here this kid is not from West Virginia.
More absurd nonsense being spewed by our persistent, restless children .

Pulling Richardson commit is a damn shame. It’s not like he will recruit a whole bunch of out of state recruits that are better. More than half of all out of state recruits end up terrible here. Total wasted scholarships. It’s 60% miss and 40% miss. They recruit a lot of bad leftovers from out of state. Richardson deserved that scholarship.

Pulling Richardson commit is a damn shame. It’s not like he will recruit a whole bunch of out of state recruits that are better. More than half of all out of state recruits end up terrible here. Total wasted scholarships. It’s 60% miss and 40% miss. They recruit a lot of bad leftovers from out of state. Richardson deserved that scholarship.
Total nonsense !!!!!

Heston could play H-back or OLB. He could also be a pass rushing DE in a 4-3 if we switch to that or in time could bulk up and play DE in our system. OLB or H-back are his best spots. He’s already 6-3 225

"He will overcome this and land on his feet and be an excellent college player. No animosity towards West Virginia — we understand it’s a business. Decisions are made and this young man will clear this hurdle and move on to success." ~ John

Looks like Richardson understands the decision. Fans do not get it.

Heston could play H-back or OLB. He could also be a pass rushing DE in a 4-3 if we switch to that or in time could bulk up and play DE in our system. OLB or H-back are his best spots. He’s already 6-3 225

With that kind of versatility its a wonder the heavyweights like Bama, Ohio State, and Penn State haven't jumped all over this kid.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
He was a late bloomer and unknown until dominate senior year. You don’t get hype in WV. We get screwed. Either way Heston is real deal. WVU needs him. I think we get him.

So, let me see if I have this right.

WVU should give a guaranteed scholarship to a kid who was a "late bloomer" (which no other school saw this bloom) and will have to spend a considerable amount of time and effort even getting him on the field but because he's from WV he gets that spot over a kid from another state who is not a "late bloomer" who could possibly see the field in September?

Doesn't make sense to me.

For example, there are more kids just in Dade County Schools in Florida than in the entire state of WV. Let that sink in a moment.
It wouldn't make sense for WVU to take a third of their picks just from Dade according to you because half of them are busts. Yet, we should take a bunch of kids from a school system smaller than Dade County just because they are "late bloomers" that nobody knows about or really good players that are going to another out-of state school and shine there?

He was a late bloomer and unknown until dominate senior year. You don’t get hype in WV. We get screwed. Either way Heston is real deal. WVU needs him. I think we get him.

Needs him for what? Your ego or something for you to blast WVU with in the future.

Kids from West Virginia just aren't as good.

Maybe 5 legit P5 talent kids a year come from West Virginia. On a good year.

Most end up at WVU or another P5 program. The rest are D2 or G5 material.

Could you imagine him plodding along at 4.60 playing DB in the Big12. Lmao. Kid would be going against NFL talent every week in one on one situations. Pass.

His best offer other than WVU was Kentucky? Pitt? Cincinnati?

Yeah Dana is missing out...

With that kind of versatility its a wonder the heavyweights like Bama, Ohio State, and Penn State haven't jumped all over this kid.

Nick Saban is supposed to be setting up a corporate building in WV just to watch the talent loaded state. He said screw the south, its loaded in them there hills....

SO, there is the walk-on route. If he keeps blooming then he would work himself into a 'ship after he has proven that the last year (after the supposed 'bloom') is the beginning of a trend with him an is not an aberration in conflict with his earlier years.

ADVERTISEMENT