ADVERTISEMENT

Worst case: we win 9 games and Dana stays

The problem is wv is not a premier school. We do not get the talent level of kids to be a top 10 or even 15 team year in and year out. I feel Dana has us moving in the right direct and is building something solid. A new coach comes in and it knocks us back 2-3 years at a minimum. We saw a better incoming class this year mainly because of the stability of Danas new contract.
I do agree somewhat that if in 2018 we don't get at least 9-10 wins at a minimum with the talent than maybe Holgerson isn't the answer here.

The problem is wv is not a premier school. We do not get the talent level of kids to be a top 10 or even 15 team year in and year out. I feel Dana has us moving in the right direct and is building something solid. A new coach comes in and it knocks us back 2-3 years at a minimum. We saw a better incoming class this year mainly because of the stability of Danas new contract.
I do agree somewhat that if in 2018 we don't get at least 9-10 wins at a minimum with the talent than maybe Holgerson isn't the answer here.

It depends on the hire. We know what Dana is at this point as he has enough of a resume to determine we will be a competitive team that can't get get over the hump.

He does just enough to not be fired. If we got the right coach in here he could elevate us pretty quickly (see Fuente at VT) but the odds hiring someone worse are greater IMO - particularly with Lyons in charge who has never had to hire a HC in football.

If Dana goes 7-5 again next year, I hope we pull the trigger and let him go.

ADVERTISEMENT